We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Carefree: Legacy Kinship

[Short Version]

I'm starting a new legacy kinship a.k.a. slow-leveling kinship on Evernight in June/July 2018. I want this to be clear-cut from the start, so that you all can easily decide if this is for you.

Aim:

Leveling occurs at intervals with level stops. We run instances, raids, and content designed for groups on level as a kin. Level-cap raises will happen roughly every 2-3 months, depending on how much progression and content there is to do and how the group feels about it, with the following level stops:

20 - Great Barrows
    25 - Fornost
    32 - Garth Agarwen
    40 - Annúminas
    45 - Helegrod
    50 - Angmar
    60 - Mória
    65 - Mirkwood
    75 - Isengard
    85 - Riders of Rohan
    95 - Helm's Deep
    100 - Osgiliath/Pelennor

The kin will cater to the needs of new players, with no one getting left behind as long as you are a reasonably active player. No LIs before Mória, other than that no strict rules as to what you can and can't do to suit your needs and playstyle.

Please, post in this thread or send me a PM, if interested. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Optional Read] Q&A

Q: Who are you and what do you want?

A: Call me Narv. I'm a 36-year-old guy, an established player in LOTRO and on Evernight. I took a pretty long break from the game and this is my way of getting back into it. I have limited time to play, so I will be concentrating on this project only.

Q: How will communication occur within the kin?

A: Mostly in-game and in kin chat. We will also have a website for news and forum.

Q: What does it mean "reasonably active" player?

A: We want to accommodate as many people and playstyles as possible. If you play just 2-3 hours a week, that would be fine to keep up with the progression. How many characters you roll should depend on how much free time you have available.

Q: Is the kinship casual?

A: Absolutely, yes. No expectations. No questions asked.

Q: Are higher-level characters allowed?

A: Obviously, you can have higher-level toons, but they are not allowed into the kin. Level caps in the kin should be honored at all times. Accidental overleveling every now and then is not a problem.

Q: Can I enlist the help of higher-level characters to progress my toons? Can I use boosts, buffs, store-bought items?

A: Yes to all. You can do whatever you want. This is not a competition or a job. I won't be telling you how to play. :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updated on 20/02/2019. Latest news: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...59#post7918159
    Last edited by NeebPlayer; Jun 16 2019 at 02:25 PM.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Hi there, I'm interested in this endeavour. I have always been in Landroval server, but if we can help each other with crafting stuff it may not be a problem start over in Evernight at all, greets!

Hey, Jenske! Glad you are interested. Being a long-time resident of Evernight, I am more than happy to help people from other servers out.

Quote Originally Posted by NeebPlayer View Post
    Hey, Jenske! Glad you are interested. Being a long-time resident of Evernight, I am more than happy to help people from other servers out.
    Great!, I will keep an eye on this thread for more news about this. Let me know when we start! Greets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenske View Post
    Great!, I will keep an eye on this thread for more news about this. Let me know when we start! Greets.
    Hey! The kinship's called Carefree. That's just something I came up with but it can be changed if people don't like it. My toon's name is Narvyna. I'd like to start as soon as we have 10-12 people ready to go, though it may take a few weeks because interest seems to be generally low. At present, we are 4, including you and me.

Best of luck with it! I dont play alts but bet its awesome to do RIFT and so again on level Great memories!
    Safe travels & shout when need a hand o7

PS: theres a kin called slowtro in case you don't get enough players for your project can give them a peek.
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rucagorn View Post
    Best of luck with it! I dont play alts but bet its awesome to do RIFT and so again on level Great memories!
    Safe travels & shout when need a hand o7

PS: theres a kin called slowtro in case you don't get enough players for your project can give them a peek.
    Hey, thanks! Yeah, I'm aware of Slowtro, but I think they are in the lvl60s now, not sure if they still do the lower levels.

Hi, I'd be very interest in joining this group. If I may, you might want to post on the Kin recruitment forum. Might get a bit more interest.

Let me know when you get started, I have a burg named Cuffy ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamir View Post
    Hi, I'd be very interest in joining this group. If I may, you might want to post on the Kin recruitment forum. Might get a bit more interest.

Let me know when you get started, I have a burg named Cuffy ready to go!
    We got started about 5 weeks ago. Currently, still focusing on L20 content, but we will open up a new tier to L32 next week. We call them Companies. L20 Barrows Company, L32 Garth Agarwen Company, etc. It's important that they run parallel with each other and everyone can decide which Company they want to advance to. We schedule our "official" events for 19:30 GMT every day, but you can organize your own stuff throughout the whole day when you find enough people online. Find Anthemic, Yust or Aixelamla in-game if you want an invite.

Take a look at our Calendar to see what kind of stuff we've done so far.
    https://carefree.shivtr.com/events
    Last edited by NeebPlayer; Jul 25 2018 at 05:34 AM.

Hello! Are you still recruiting, by chance?

Update on the status of Carefree

Carefree is dedicated to go on as we have on our original server, Evernight. Our current level cap is 40. If you wish to play actively but level slowly to experience all content in the game in a friendly and helpful environment, feel free to contact our officers Anthemic and Bid, or ask for a Carefree officer in world chat or our custom channel ./joinchannel Carefree.

Our most active time of the day is between 19:00 and 23:00 GMT and that's where we schedule most of our kin events. Have a look at our Calendar to see what kind of events we've had in the past and these days.

You can also check out our intro page to see what we are all about and what kind of players we are looking for.

Carefree is currently capped at L50 and we intend to remain so until August or possibly longer. We are excited to accept new members on a daily basis as always. Our Company system is designed to cater for new and returning players alike, as you play the game at your own pace, making sure you don't miss out on any content along the way. Visit our website at https://carefree.shivtr.com/ or contact an officer in-game in our dedicated Carefree chat channel (command: /joinchannel Carefree).

We are looking forward to meeting you!
    Last edited by NeebPlayer; Feb 24 2019 at 04:29 AM.

Today is the first anniversary for Carefree and we will be having a huge party tonight in our kinhouse @ Celondal, Belfalas Homesteads, Tol Lochúl. We always welcome new members as long as you are at or below level 50, which is our current cap.

For our schedules, news and discussions, please visit our website @ https://carefree.shivtr.com/

Our level 50 season has been extended until the end of the year. It's been raiding all week across several level-ranges. Rift is up tonight! But if you are a casually raid-hating, pony-riding, picnic-having Hobbitess who just drinks Campari and listens to Ke$ha all day because it's summer, we have just the things for you starting with tomorrow's Lossoth Festival! Find an officer in-game.