We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

If There will be Rohan Premium Housing.....

Hello Team

I've had a few... inspirations about Rohan premium housing, if its a concept that will be considered. Here's some ideas:

1. Location. This is a bit tricky- naturally, because most of West and East Rohan are filled. There's not much room between Hytbold and the East Wall. But there's still -some- places where Rohan housing could be placed:

A- The Adorn. This is a little triangle of Rohan that's -south- of the Gap of Rohan. It's formed by the mountains that border the Deeping Coomb to the East, by the Isen River to the north, and by the Adorn River to the south and west. I'd say this would be most ideal for a couple of reasons-

-There could be fields nearer to the rivers- for those who prefer the "out in the fields and pastures" feel of Rohan. Small rivulets could branch-out from the rivers East-Rohan-style.
    -There could be a branch of the neighborhood that heads up, up, up, into the mountains, for those who prefer the Westfold / Edoras / Dunharrow / Grimslade feel.
    -There could, in between these, be parts of the neighborhood that are framed by mountains or valleys- for those who prefer the Eastfold / Aldburg / Woodhurst / Stonedeans feel. The area nearer the Isen could be an eclectic combination, per what's already in the Gap of Rohan, of Enedwaith / Dunland AND Stonedeans textures, to get a sense of the cultural divide near the River in the Gap.

B- A new-carved valley somewhere south of the Westfold or Eastfold (there's a bit of terrain south of Aldburg and there's area's that could be altered to the south of the Westfold mountain-road). This would satisfy mountaineers- though it would be harder to get the "out in the middle of the plains" effect up in a mountainous valley. It's more -IN- Rohan, not as close to Dunland, which is a positive: but its also limiting in terms of how much you can do. Also, carving-away at those mountains would take-away from the lore-feel of the road on which Theoden rode to Dunharrow. The Adorn - Isen - Ered Nimrais triangle's less talked-about in the lore (i.e. more creative flexibility).

2. Lay-Out's.

Since Hytbold presented us with a ton of Rohirric furniture, and Far Anorien gave more stuff, etc., decorations are not as much of an issue per se (though I'd love -far LARGER- versions of certain tapestries ; full-wall-size tapestries would be very nice).

But for lay-out's, I'm thinking........ since its premium housing, I highly advise against the sort of thing that's done, say, in Bree-land Housing (where you get a little "boxed-in room" for a small house, an extra room or two in a medium, etc.).

A- "Stately." For this, I'm thinking the sort of house that players encounter in several areas of Rohan: I'm thinking of the two brothers and their inheritance dispute and that house in Edoras- the model that has a spacious downstairs, a small kitchen, and several rooms upstairs. I'd want this expanded a bit, given what a Stately Gondorian house feels like, but the basic premise of having a central gathering space surrounded by different rooms plus an upstairs with several rooms would serve as a good model.

B- "Luxurious." For this type of house, I'd say it would need to be invented in terms of its.... lay-out, where the rooms are. But it should at least be larger than the smaller Mead-Hall model. It should feel more spacious.

C- "Kin-house." Alright. I won't ask for a clone of Meduseld, because there's only 1 Meduseld, but........ something slightly larger than the Harwick or Snowbourn Mead-Hall's would be good. I like the Harwick Mead-Hall in that it has an upstairs with rooms -above- the central "Mead-Hall" space. However, I'd love some pillars with some of the ornamentation from Meduseld- as well as some appropriate wall and floor textures (would love to have "Rohirric" / "Anglo-Saxon" runes carved on the floor, for example).

So, not as big as Meduseld, but -evoking- the grandeur of Meduseld would be ideal for this. It should feel at least like a Reeve and his household could live there.

That's all I've got for now. If I can think-of more, I'll post more
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Honestly, I'd prefer smaller, more common homes. I wish some of the more rustic wooden Gondorian houses had been available in the Cape of Belfalas homesteads. Grand, lordly halls and whatnot can be cool and all, but smaller, simpler dwellings tend to have wider uses for RPers, and a RPer is what I am. Aside from that, with so much empty space, the Belfalas houses were (and still are) severely lacking in hooks, and that's not a problem I'd like to bump into again. Here are my suggested Rohan home sizes and prices:

Rough Rohirric House
    Larger than a Simple Classic House, smaller than a Deluxe Classic House. ~25 MC

Rich Rohirric House
    A fair bit bigger than a Deluxe Classic House, but smaller than a Classic Kinship Hall or a Stately Belfalas House. ~100 MC

Kinship Mead Hall
    An average Mead Hall, complete with several side rooms connecting to the main hall. So, a bit bigger than a Classic Kinship Hall, but nowhere near the size of a Belfalas one. ~400 MC

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post
    Honestly, I'd prefer smaller, more common homes. I wish some of the more rustic wooden Gondorian houses had been available in the Cape of Belfalas homesteads. Grand, lordly halls and whatnot can be cool and all, but smaller, simpler dwellings tend to have wider uses for RPers, and a RPer is what I am. Aside from that, with so much empty space, the Belfalas houses were (and still are) severely lacking in hooks, and that's not a problem I'd like to bump into again. Here are my suggested Rohan home sizes and prices:

Rough Rohirric House
    Larger than a Simple Classic House, smaller than a Deluxe Classic House. ~25 MC

Rich Rohirric House
    A fair bit bigger than a Deluxe Classic House, but smaller than a Classic Kinship Hall or a Stately Belfalas House. ~100 MC

Kinship Mead Hall
    An average Mead Hall, complete with several side rooms connecting to the main hall. So, a bit bigger than a Classic Kinship Hall, but nowhere near the size of a Belfalas one. ~400 MC

Nice I feel the same way about Gondorian houses.

I feel that they should strongly consider making -6- types of Houses- rather than -3-.

So: "Rough Rohirric" or "Small"

"Stately Rohirric" (like... in Edoras)

"Rich Rohirric" or "Medium"

"Luxurious Rohirric"

And two sizes for the Mead Hall.

I also agree on the need for more hooks in larger houses- really all houses.

The reason why I feel that its still important to have the larger house options is mainly because.....................

I just would love a really huge kin-mead-hall in lieu of -not-getting-to-decorate-the-Mead-Hall-of-Hytbold-with-housing-items-

I also feel that the main problem with the Gondorian houses, in particular, was the size of each room. I tend to prefer to have -a lot- of smaller rooms filled with hooks rather than a high ceiling, large hall (though that would work well in the Mead Hall...)

So yeah. It shouldn't be an either / or. There should be six types of houses.

OH- and they should cut -north- into the Cape of Belfalas and add normal Gondorian village premium houses as options ranging in those 3 smaller sizes as well. There's definitely room up in that territory for them to carve-out more space.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

I agree with every word of that. I suggested the same for Gondor housing a while back; six house sizes would be ideal in both the Cape of Belfalas and Rohan, and hooks need touched up across the board.