We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Veteran Status Sale - Did it get Overlooked?

I thought the new magazine said sales on veteran status (which I read to mean the 100 point skip introduction, and the far more expensive 1-105, 1-95 and 50-105 boosts) this week. I checked the store and saw other things the magazine mentioned on sale but not that one.

Was it missed when they put things on sale today or did I misread something?

I was thinking of getting a 50-105 they are so useful for extra trait points even if you are already 105 or planning to get to 105 without skipping levels.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    I thought the new magazine said sales on veteran status (which I read to mean the 100 point skip introduction, and the far more expensive 1-105, 1-95 and 50-105 boosts) this week. I checked the store and saw other things the magazine mentioned on sale but not that one.

Was it missed when they put things on sale today or did I misread something?

I was thinking of getting a 50-105 they are so useful for extra trait points even if you are already 105 or planning to get to 105 without skipping levels.
    I know the Aria of the Valar and other insta-levelers were on sale a month ago (Beacon #59 - I bought two on May 17th) - so you might have misread it. They're not on the current LotRO Beacon (#64).

I also remember that sale - I got a few myself. But I was thinking of one more.

This from the latest newsletter - not the old one.

Start a new Journey! Get 25% off now through June 21st:
    Character Slots
    Vet Status
    Stat Bundles and Selection Boxes
    XP Boosts

I read Vet status as meaning veteran status as meaning the Valars and the introduction skipping.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Vet...tatus:_Level_5

Veteran Status is just the one particular item.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog548 View Post
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Vet...tatus:_Level_5

Veteran Status is just the one particular item.
    I agree, but Veteran Status is also a category in the store that includes the Valar items. It is poorly named.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...Veteran_Status

Category:Veteran Status
    Components of the Level Upgrade packages
    They are listed on the LOTRO-Store page section: Veteran Status
    Find these upgrade Items in the in-game LOTRO Store under: Character > Character Upgrades > Veteran Status
    Veteran Status: Level 5
    Gift of the Valar
    Blessing of the Valar
    Blessing of the Valar Upgrade
    Aria of the Valar
    Aria of the Valar Trait Points
    Component pages of these upgrades are itmeized on Talk:Level_Upgrade

So one of the veteran status items is on sale and the others aren't? Thanks.

Perfectly reasonable of them not to have a sale that included Valar again this soon - but that did seem to be what the magazine said since it never mentioned the specific 100 point item.

A long-term source of annoyance to many longer-term players since it had been free and then they took it away from us so they could put it in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    A long-term source of annoyance to many longer-term players since it had been free and then they took it away from us so they could put it in the store.
    Skipping the tutorial is still free. That item allows to skip entire intro levels 1-5.

I did notice they took away "A little extra never hurts" quest granting free 10 LP in the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Skipping the tutorial is still free. That item allows to skip entire intro levels 1-5.

I did notice they took away "A little extra never hurts" quest granting free 10 LP in the intro.
    that quest is only available once per server, not per character.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Once per Account, that prevents the inevitable knucklehead from creating a Character getting the 10 TP, deleting it and continuing this ad infinitum.

Make sure you check the LOTRO Store on a Character that is eligible to get a Valar. What you see in the Store is what that Character can use. If you are Level 50, you will only see Upgrade Valars. Under 50, full Valars. Used a Valar already, then you see nothing.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

>A long-term source of annoyance to many longer-term players since it had been free and then they took it away from us so they could put it in the store. <

I wasn't referring to the tutorial, which can still be skipped. I was referring to the introduction which we used to be able to skip for free.