We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Server issues

Server issues

Seeing 3-5% loss in instances mainly on Ark. Not just isolated incidents its pretty rampant. Idk whats going on but its crippling.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Seeing 3-5% loss in instances mainly on Ark. Not just isolated incidents its pretty rampant. Idk whats going on but its crippling.
    I saw losses on Evernight yesterday, gameplay was very laggy at times.

Lightbulb

Wouldn't surprise me that if on the last day of the festival encore, sunday to mondays reset, the server will go crazy, people being stuck in bree-town or anywhere, not being able to complete the last days of tokens collections and bartering etc. My advice is to barter for what You can while You can. Even if You haven't gotten all the tokens You wanted yet.

Usually when it gets sketchy like this we start seeing invisible walls, rollbacks to 3-4 minutes ago. Just nasty stuff.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    Usually when it gets sketchy like this we start seeing invisible walls, rollbacks to 3-4 minutes ago. Just nasty stuff.
    It seems to have worked to my advantage last night, I was in Wildemoor and managed to slide down behind a building and get stuck. I thought I'd try my warsteed to see if it could jump high enough to get out, tried 2/3 jumps, then suddenly the whole world moved sideways and I ended up 20m away.

World was still behaving oddly, my cpu core was pulling about 60%, yet fps dropped down into the 30-40's, with sudden drops down to 16fps for no obvious reason. I checked I wasnt playing with the PC in ECO mode, and even bumped up the overclock a bit, but no change.

Then later on, in the same area and during the same session, it suddenly went back to 75fps (cpu core ~80%)

(CPU temp = 40C and GPU = 60C)

I think there was an internet storm on the USA's east coast, beginning in the late evening Eastern Daylight Time, yesterday. Given that the Internix internet exchange in Newark is a key one .... a big DDoS doesn't have to have an effect on ping times to have adverse side effects.

Update: I am looking at things today. I am wondering if some of the previous day's issues were hardware related beyond the hardware in the racks SSG is using. Today, I am seeing significant decreases in ping times to the datacenter and maybe some improvement within the datacenter that do not appear to be specific changes in routing. It looks like a hardware upgrade took place plus, maybe, software load balancing and intrusion detection and/or handling.
    Last edited by cdq1958; Jun 15 2018 at 03:11 PM.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    I think there was an internet storm on the USA's east coast, beginning in the late evening Eastern Daylight Time, yesterday. Given that the Internix internet exchange in Newark is a key one .... a big DDoS doesn't have to have an effect on ping times to have adverse side effects.

Update: I am looking at things today. I am wondering if some of the previous day's issues were hardware related beyond the hardware in the racks SSG is using. Today, I am seeing significant decreases in ping times to the datacenter and maybe some improvement within the datacenter that do not appear to be specific changes in routing. It looks like a hardware upgrade took place plus, maybe, software load balancing and intrusion detection and/or handling.
    I hesitated to mention (in case I jinxed it), but after several months of really slow Forum log ins, it is almost been sprightly over the last couple of day.

lets hope it filters down into the game.

On a two-way street why do folks always assume the server and not their own isp?
    ISPs are much more susceptible to throttling back their traffic at times of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by TaSwavo4God View Post
    On a two-way street why do folks always assume the server and not their own isp?
    ISPs are much more susceptible to throttling back their traffic at times of the day.
    If that was aimed at me, because I pay for a premium ISP; in all the years I have been with them, I have had exactly one issue with traffic, during the LAST world cup (yes, praying it doenst happen again).

An England match was rescheduled and kicked off while many people in the UK were either still at work, or commuting home; the number of people suddenly live streaming the match caught everyone off guard, and it took 30 minutes to bring enough extra capacity online to cope. During that time, my speeds dropped to a mere 22Mbps, although pings to the LOTRO game server never wavered beyond the usual +/- 5mS.

I was still having issues last night, everything was a bit sluggish, then suddenly, in the middle of a fight on horseback, everything suddenly seemed to go 150% normal speed for about 3 minutes; then dropped back into sluggishness.

To make up for it, I got stuck on the spot for another couple of minutes a short while later; luckily, just outside a settlement, so I wasnt attacked. In game monitor claimed 0.5% packet loss.

Ping is known to be prioritised via VPNs etc - you would need a proper peer-to-peer traffic speed analyser to understand what is really going on!