We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New to Imbuement/First-Age question

I'm working on the gold/crafting-ability to buy/make first-age legendaries for my main character. My kinships are too small to have power-crafters at my disposal.

But in the meantime, should I keep questing and exploring new regions? Or should I wait and "save the xp" for my new weapons? It might be a long wait. Currently I'm Level 106 playing through Gondor. Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    I'm working on the gold/crafting-ability to buy/make first-age legendaries for my main character. My kinships are too small to have power-crafters at my disposal.

But in the meantime, should I keep questing and exploring new regions? Or should I wait and "save the xp" for my new weapons? It might be a long wait. Currently I'm Level 106 playing through Gondor. Thanks for any help!
    Level up a bunch of "junk" LI's that you can deconstruct for LI XP runes. Save the XP runes and use them on your imbued LI's. An imbued LI needs a LOT more XP to level up compared to a non-imbued LI., so you can probably collect more XP as runes than you would by waiting to make your 1st Age LI's first. Do NOT imbue the junk LI's. Imbued LI's CANNOT be deconstructed for XP runes or legacy scrolls.

Also note that some legacies are automatically changed when you imbue an LI. I have no idea what class your character is so I can't say which legacies will change for you.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Leg...Legacies_Index

Depending on how long it will take you to get everything ready, there is a deed in Central Gondor (in the area between Dol Amroth and Pelargir) which awards a 1st Age level 100 symbol, so you could get one symbol without having to buy it. The deed is called Vanguard of Central Gondor, and it's reputation based with three rep factions in the area I mentioned. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Van...Central_Gondor

You can also earn tokens (Gift Givers Brands) to barter for level 100 1st Age LI's by completing daily roving threats quests, a bit like warbands but intended for groups of level 100 characters. I'm not sure how often people call for groups for these. The LI's from the roving threat quests are for weapons only, so if you are a class that has a non-weapon LI like a Burg (tools), Captain (emblem), Champ (rune), etc, you cannot get those non-weapon LI's with roving threat tokens. Roving threats are not restricted to just level 100+ zones, you can find them in other zones like Angmar, Misty Mountains and Forochel. The roving threats in zones below level 100 are still elite level 100 monsters.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Roving_Threats

You'll also want to collect Anfalas Star Lit Crystals and Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment. After you have imbued your LI's they will have some locked XP levels on them. Use the crystals to unlock extra XP levels of the DPS/main legacy on an LI and the scrolls to unlock extra XP levels of the other legacies. One crystal will unlock one XP level of the DPS/main legacy and one scroll will unlock one XP level of one other legacy. You'll get a small number of both from Epic quests, the rest you'll have to earn in other ways or buy from the auction house or the LOTRO store.

Most seasonal festivals in the game offer Anfalas crystals in exchange for festival tokens, plus a few repeatable instances (such as stars of merit earned in Big Battles).
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...ar-lit_Crystal

There are a variety of tokens that can be bartered for the Anfalas scrolls of empowerment. One of the easiest tokens to earn are the Minas Tirith Smiths tokens, from a set of daily instance quests at Harlond at the south end of the Rammas Wall. You can also convert Minas Tirith Builders and Burgsmen tokens to Smiths tokens. The Burgmen tokens can ba earned from a daily instance at the far north end of the Players tier (4th tier) of Minas Tirith and the Builders tokens can be earned from a set of daily quests at the Rammas Wall North Gate. The NPC's that you can convert the tokens with/get the scrolls from are near the Minas Tirith main gate stable.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...of_Empowerment

The crystals and scrolls can also drop as loot from various group instances.

How many crystals and scrolls will you need to max out each LI? I honestly don't know, a lot. I started using imbued LI's when Dol Amroth was the level cap zone approx. 2 years ago and I still don't have any maxed out LI's, but I have 5 toons above level 100 with imbued LI's so it's a slow process to get them all levelled up. I did manage to earn another 4 or 5 crystals for each of my 5 toons during the recent spring festival, pretty much all of them from festival quests at Duillond in Ered Luin (mostly from the shrew stomping game). If you don't want to buy crystals and can't or won't do group instances for them, pay attention to when various festivals are happening, you can barter for crystals using most types of festival tokens.

We do know that the next main update to the game will lift the level cap to 120 and ever since imbued LI's were added to the game we have had a few extra XP levels added to the imbued LI's each time the level cap has gone up. Some of those extra XP levels were already unlocked, you just need to earn the XP or use some XP runes, but some of the extra XP levels were locked and needed more crystals and scrolls to unlock them. I expect the same to happen again with the next level cap increase.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post

honestly if you dont intend on raiding or doing any type of instances, a third age is still fine for questing

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    honestly if you dont intend on raiding or doing any type of instances, a third age is still fine for questing
    Or do Dol Amroth dailies for 2nd Age symbols. I personally use a mix of 1st and 2nd Age LI's on all my toons that have imbued LI's, mostly 2nd Age LI's.
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...of_Celebrimbor

A detail I forgot to mention in my other post, a maxed out imbued 3rd Age LI will be as powerful as a maxed out imbued 1st Age LI, but you'll need more crystals and scrolls to get a 3rd Age LI to it's max level. 2nd Age LI's are a middle ground in terms of needing fewer crystals/scrolls to get to max level compared to a 3rd Age LI but more than a 1st Age LI.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

A few more tips...

Mithril Coins - There's a very tiny chance of winning 200 or 250 of these in a gold hobbit present. Miniscule chance, but it does happen. If you are VIP then make sure you open the gold present every week on all five servers in your region (NA or EU). If you win, you can transfer these to your main server for free (shared item transfer). 10 MC = 1 Starlit, so one lucky gold present can save a big chunk of grinding.

Old Quests - Gray quests that you never finished and old repeatables, like gray Warbands, still give full LI XP (and War Steed XP, if you need that). The IXP is useful for levelling those junk LIs you're farming for IXP runes. The regional coins can be bartered for IXP runes. Dol Amroth has two types of repeatables that reward different coins which can be bartered for Scrolls of Empowerment.

As you quest through Gondor you will obtain some LI Imbued Legacy Replacement scrolls as quest rewards. Save those until you've got that FA LI, the class revamp(s) have shaken out, and you know exactly which legacies you want. Note that if you raise a legacy with SoEs and then use the replacement scroll you will retain the added tiers on the new legacy.

Good luck!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    And in fact for certain LI types (1H melee or ranged) a third age can be increased to be the equal of a first age, with a few more starlit crystals being required. There are examples where the dps on the LI doesn't matter much (e.g. hunter melee LI) so that can be deferred indefinitely without any practical loss of functionality in the meantime.

I suggest not expending any scrolls of empowerment or anfalas crystals until you have lv100 first age weapons. I never needed them before that and I don't see why anyone else should.

Quote Originally Posted by Deolus View Post
    I suggest not expending any scrolls of empowerment or anfalas crystals until you have lv100 first age weapons. I never needed them before that and I don't see why anyone else should.
    I agree insofar as not spending scrolls or starlit on an LI you are going to later replace. However, as noted previously, it's not really necessary to wait until you have first age for everything. Non-percentage passives are permanently better on first age, but you can always catch up later on legacy tier and dps with a third age. Especially in certain slots it's not necessary to go with first age at all, and it can even be more costly if the first age you get ends up with totally wrong legacies after inspection / reforging.