We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dwarf Steel Leggings

Hi all,
    I wanted to recreate an outfit of mine from a while ago, but ran into a problem. It contains Dwarf Steel Leggings and I'm pretty sure I got them from one of the Heavy Armour Vendors in Thorin's Hall. They still got plenty of Leggings, but all look slightly different... Anyone knows if the appearence was changed more or less recently? And if there are similar looking items to get elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
    Dobb
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

This leg piece is a common pattern for low-level heavy armor, and shares same appearance across multiple names/items. Try previewing heavy armor leg pieces from skirm camp vendor, the crafted heavy armor leg pieces (if you have a metalsmith to preview it on), and even random green drops you get in loot. Before long, you'd stumble across an identical appearance.

The basic armor vendors in different regions (ones that sell grey vanilla armor) actually offer slightly different-looking pieces, and could be worth visiting heavy armor vendors in Bree, Esteldin/Orthikar, and Rivendell to try on some leg items. But the leg piece you're referring to is very likely a crafted heavy leggings from mid-20s to mid-30s level range: I recognize those gloves in the pic as coming from the same crafted armor set. Then all it would take is a trip to AH, often it's listed there.
    Éala Éarendel engla beorhtast / ofer middangeard monnum sended / and sodfasta sunnan leoma, / tohrt ofer tunglas þu tida gehvane / of sylfum þe symle inlihtes.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Hi all,
    I wanted to recreate an outfit of mine from a while ago, but ran into a problem. It contains Dwarf Steel Leggings and I'm pretty sure I got them from one of the Heavy Armour Vendors in Thorin's Hall. They still got plenty of Leggings, but all look slightly different... Anyone knows if the appearence was changed more or less recently? And if there are similar looking items to get elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
    Dobb
    Yes, many of them are very similar but do have small details not 100% the same. I remember one pair I got in the early days when doing a quest up in Misty Mountians to put a sign on some pole near some giants. Those did differ a little bit from some others and those were the ones I preferred back then and found no other that looked 100% exactly the same. As to which ones those that You show are, I have no clue. You need to visit all armour traders in SoA areas to check what they have and also remember to try on all random drops You get from killing landscape mobs. Sometimes a design/skin can just drop on a regular green piece out on the landscape and have some random name.

I'm not sure if that one You show is part of the Barrow Down heavy armour set that have a helmet that looks a bit like a crown as well. Could be.

I found images.

Maybe not the exact same but as You can see a similar design. You need to try them on in the dressing room. They also get squeezd togheter to fit a dwarf and looks a bit different then. I think they are available at the Skirmish camps by some trader.