We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Warden: blue line solo?

Thinking of starting a warden. Is blue line still best for solo play? What about secondary stats? Which ones are most important? Any advice on gambits or rotation. I have played other classes. All mostly trial & error. Wanna get this one right. It took me years to figure out a hunter now I have to make adjustments due to changes. This is why I'm asking basic questions for a new warden. Thanks

Blue Line is fine for solo play, some areas may require it at times if you are going to do them on level.

Main stat is Agility, and might/vitality are both solid for wardens as well.

Gambits are interesting while you level. For some reason, wardens get some of the good 4 and 5 panel gambits at level 17, before they get the masteries at level 20. It makes learning rotations a little weird if its your first time leveling a warden, that is if things don't die after the first few gambits.

I suggest playing through the early zones and focus on learning what the gambits do before going for any rotations. There are a good number of gambits that you will use, so it is important to know what each one does.

Yellow is also viable for solo-play. I love my yellow warden. The difference between the two, I think, is that blue focuses on defense while yellow focuses on ranged-fighting and debuffs that keep the enemies from closing the distance.

That's if I understand blue right (I haven't played blue). So it comes down to your play style. Blue = lessen damage taken, Yellow = delay/prevent enemies from attacking you.

Gaming mouse or keyboard?

Would a gaming mouse be better for use of the gambits? If so any suggestions on one around the $50 range. Is a keyboard best? Also are both physical & tactical mastery/mitigations equally important? Thanks all

A Blue specced Warden using DPS gear is a very survivable and good damage dealing setup.

But you can also use Red line if you want things to go a little bit faster. Either way while levelling you would really want to focus on using DPS gear, and that means physical mastery/agility. Although since 22.2 AoE (the 323 line of gambits) are scaling based on Tactical mastery, I think splitting between both phys and tact mastery would be a waste since you will normally only be fighting 1 or 2 enemies at a time anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about mitigations while levelling, just use Perservere (2-1) until you unlock Safeguard and Restoration at lvl 24 (2-1-2 and 2-1-2-1-2).

I only have anormal keyboard and mouse and it works fine, but a gaming mouse with multiple buttons (like having 1-9 on the thumb area) is almost perfectly suited for Warden who uses 12 gambit builders (3 normal and 9 masteries unlocked at lvl 21).

Quote Originally Posted by Woldo View Post
    Would a gaming mouse be better for use of the gambits? If so any suggestions on one around the $50 range. Is a keyboard best? Also are both physical & tactical mastery/mitigations equally important? Thanks all
    I also have a super-cheap keyboard and mouse, and do not suffer at all. Skill slots are pretty easy to set up in a way that enables quick and easy gambit building.

Warden is so much fun. By far my favorite class. I really hope you enjoy!

In my opinion, when leveling up solo, it doesn't much matter which specification you use. You need dps stats on your gear. I am not particularly good playing a warden, though.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

IMHO, Red (melee) or yellow (ranged) are easiest/fastest to solo level up based on which is to your taste. Blue is for tougher multi-mob fights.

Later on having to hit 4-6 buttons in the right sequence (lag is a killer here) to do basically one barrage or raging blade or piercing cry gets old. Doing lots of completely useless gambits to get the trait points is a treatise in frustration. I used dummies eventually.

I have 2 level 115 wardens on separate servers and until recently I loved them. Consistent lag and the rebalancing has retired them for now. Just not as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    IMHO, Red (melee) or yellow (ranged) are easiest/fastest to solo level up based on which is to your taste. Blue is for tougher multi-mob fights.

Later on having to hit 4-6 buttons in the right sequence (lag is a killer here) to do basically one barrage or raging blade or piercing cry gets old. Doing lots of completely useless gambits to get the trait points is a treatise in frustration. I used dummies eventually.

I have 2 level 115 wardens on separate servers and until recently I loved them. Consistent lag and the rebalancing has retired them for now. Just not as fun.
    Yah they really need to fix the 1s lag after certain gambits (Maddening Strike and Desolation are two of them). It's hard enough when the server is sputtering to get a rhythm going but then you add in those extra delays and wrong gambits just kill the flow of the class.