We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Disarm bug since Guardian update?

Since the update which buffed our damage and CaB, I've noticed that when disarmed, our entire skill bar goes grey. Now , I'm all for letting the sword do the talking, but prior to this update you could still shout and still use shield skills (catch a breath, bash, etc). Now , all you can do is pot out. Even Ignore the Pain and Turn the Tables may be unavailing.

This is a problem, since as tanks we often have agro. On multiple mobs in fact, and thus pick up a lot of combat state effects..
    Elf females - Nemulias (grd) Arenor (min - retired)
    Men - Farrowden (Champ), Rhoswith (lm), Manorborn (cpt)
    In Training : Snorlin (rk)
    Tankstrels RIP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQv83k6arY

That's technically working as its supposed to (if your damage is tied to a weapon, that skill is affected by disarm), but I'm not thrilled with the game-play ramifications of it, as it makes enemy disarm effects significantly more powerful.

I'm looking at ways to mitigate it.

-Vastin

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    That's technically working as its supposed to (if your damage is tied to a weapon, that skill is affected by disarm), but I'm not thrilled with the game-play ramifications of it, as it makes enemy disarm effects significantly more powerful.

-Vastin
    How about tying these skills to Shield Rank Use and having Shield Rank Use just scaling better and with a more appropriate name? Given traps damage is coming off main hand weapon now, I'm seeing more "hack" than "finesse" with this trend. GL
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post

-Vastin
    It's never worked that way in the previous 11 years of LOTRO however. Whilst I can understand attacks that use the weapon and the Shield together (smashing stab, shield taunt - since you are clashing weapon and shield together) should not be available when disarmed, why can't i taunt or use shield-only skills? As far as i am aware, disarmed means you have lost the main hand weapon, not the shield as well.

Catch a breath should still be available too.
    Elf females - Nemulias (grd) Arenor (min - retired)
    Men - Farrowden (Champ), Rhoswith (lm), Manorborn (cpt)
    In Training : Snorlin (rk)
    Tankstrels RIP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQv83k6arY