We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Whats going on with Minstrel Instruments at level 115?

My minstrel is just approaching level 115 so as I am using a level 95 DPS lute at the moment I thought I would get the recipe from the Udun Foothold for a level 115 DPS lute for my Woodworker Alt to make up for him.

However the stats don't seem to add up???

Level 95 Lute - Exquisite Walnut Lute of the Battle Singer
    +30% Ballad and Coda Damage
    -15% Ballad Power Cost
    -15% Cry Power Cost
    +378 Max Moral
    +335 Max Power

Level 115 Lute - Expedition Lute of the Battle Singer
    +25% Ballad and Coda Damage
    -13% Ballad Power Cost
    -13% Cry Power Cost
    +1889 Max Moral
    +1621 Max Power

This can't be correct - surely!

What do other people think? Is there a better lute available?

Hello , i can't login to check atm , but i believe there are slightly better 115 instruments than the ones you described , unless you gave us the non-crit version.
    They did add new instruments recipes a while after Mordor release.

Problem is,the only stat that scales with lvl on the instruments is max morale and max power , that's it , the rest have the same percentage since many years ago.(for example coda damage etc)

As a final thing to keep in mind , best instruments are :
    1) For heals , newest 115 critted udun instruments. I believe the BIS version is called ''of the resolve'' but you need to double check on that.
    2) For DPS , gold lute from Throne of the dread terror ( lvl 105 ). The reason this is the best for dps is not the extra essence slot , but the fact it combines stats from 2 versions of instruments which are useful for DPS and there's no other way ( on lvl 115 ) to get those together.

A better version should be available at the same vendor you got that version. They added it like 4 months after Mordor released.

Quote Originally Posted by danno8 View Post
    A better version should be available at the same vendor you got that version. They added it like 4 months after Mordor released.
    I've seen players with the better version (crafted from a barter recipe), but I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I've checked the vendor with the lesser recipe, but no improved recipe there that I can see.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I've seen players with the better version (crafted from a barter recipe), but I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I've checked the vendor with the lesser recipe, but no improved recipe there that I can see.
    Maybe these recipes are on the raid crafting vendor? I'm disappointed that neither my woodworker nor my weaponsmith can get any N Mirkwood recipes.

For 50 silver signets, the Conquest of Gorgoroth Crafting Quartermaster (Ruins Of Dìngarth in Dor Amarth and other places) has all the superior instruments version for barter. It is in the "woodworker 2" section.
    They are not even single use.
    They give a L336 instrument or a L339 one critted (NB: the critted tooltip is wrong: it says L336 identical to the standard one, but you actually get the L339 if you crit)

E.g.
    Exquisite Expedition Fiddle Of Harmony (L339)
    +3.5% healing
    +30% ballad and coda damage
    -15% ballad power cost
    +4605 morale
    +3953 power

Crafting dev for Mordor is the mini dev too, just give up!

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Mennhabar View Post
    For 50 silver signets, the Conquest of Gorgoroth Crafting Quartermaster (Ruins Of Dìngarth in Dor Amarth and other places) has all the superior instruments version for barter. It is in the "woodworker 2" section.
    They are not even single use.
    They give a L336 instrument or a L339 one critted (NB: the critted tooltip is wrong: it says L336 identical to the standard one, but you actually get the L339 if you crit)

E.g.
    Exquisite Expedition Fiddle Of Harmony (L339)
    +3.5% healing
    +30% ballad and coda damage
    -15% ballad power cost
    +4605 morale
    +3953 power
    Thanks. I'm sure I already looked there, but maybe I missed it. I will look again.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.