We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxlne View Post
    Vastin, there seems to be a problem atm where WC get's it's damage rating. I played around with different LI-s i have and seems to me WC currently also benefits from Shield Damage and/or Shield-Smash Legacies, because i have different DPS LI-s for Sword and Board and 2-hander and only Legacies they differ are Shield-skill ones (both have Light Damage legacy btw). If i swap my 2-hander LI with the one where i have Shield-legacies my WC damage also cranks up about 10k, which shouldn't happen ...
    Always benefited from Shield damage legacy. Not sure why...

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I make most of my core adjustments based off of formulae I use to compare cooldowns/action times vs. damage efficiency, mainly in comparison to the class's other skills - not player damage parses. It's still an art rather than a science as I can't readily account for all modifiers and sources, but it's worked well for keeping skills in the ballpark most of the time.

In this case when I actually examine war-chant mathematically, it's pretty significantly overtuned compared to other guardian skills, esp as an AoE with a relatively short cool-down - that's the issue I need to address.

-Vastin
    Were these formulas also applied to the classes revamped by FriendlyHat?
    BREGLOR · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Kazabooboo View Post
    For starters , yes , war-chant seems to be WAI.

This is sad news , currently in tank traits and gear, the skill's damage seems to be on a great spot. That helps with aggro issues a lot.
    War chant is the best initial aggro/pull skill for guards...

There has to be another way -_-
    What? Like don't tie guardian raw threat to the guardian's damage, where have I seen that before?

Does any other class have such extremes of mastery in it's two main builds? How can you ever balance with that dichotomy?

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    I make most of my core adjustments based off of formulae I use to compare cooldowns/action times vs. damage efficiency, mainly in comparison to the class's other skills - not player damage parses. It's still an art rather than a science as I can't readily account for all modifiers and sources, but it's worked well for keeping skills in the ballpark most of the time.

In this case when I actually examine war-chant mathematically, it's pretty significantly overtuned compared to other guardian skills, esp as an AoE with a relatively short cool-down - that's the issue I need to address.

-Vastin
    Not perfect rotation but something guardian would do while tanking (use more shield smash tbh but wanted to showcase other skills as well). Using shield spikes but it affects warchant and shield-smash both.

I don't have either vexing blow or whirling retaliation legacy nor shield damage legacy. Others I do use.

So it's really not that far ahead of other AoE skills.

War-chant is in a very good spot for tanking atm. Any chance to make just a damage hardcap for it?
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2