We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Threaded View

The future of t2c Scaled Instances can be bright.

This thread summarises my personal opinion on t2c scaled instances and a couple of suggestions on how to make them really worth running.

I'll start by saying that the recent challenge featured instance addition is a great step for whoever is interested in t2c content.
    The grind is not bad at all , 5 coins per run , 20 per armour piece , 20 per pet , 25 for mount.
    People on evernight already do multiple runs per day , now that Bells is the featured instance!
    I won't comment on the new vendor loot itself , as i realise this is a test thing for SSG and feedback will define whether to continue featured challenges in the future or shut them down.
    ( If you need further proof on the test part , check the max level on the gear - 119 , meaning it's going to last 2.5 months until U23 )

If you include court of seregost and dungeons of naerband , Lotro has over 40 scaled instances available , which can and should be used in future level caps as worth running content to provide the game with more end-game duration.
    In short , provide people in end-game with MANY things to do , while using already developed content with minimal extra work.
    That was the initial purpose behind scaling after all right ?

Problem is , unless you run the featured challenge instance , the loot in scaled instances is outdated and mostly obsolete:
    a)Some low ixp runes , like 50k or so , while mordor instances award ~ half a million runes.
    b)Relics that no one on level cap uses/needs anymore. ( very limited exceptions ) Only real use is sending to lower level alts. Even shard system has become mostly pointless...
    c)Outdated armour pieces , of which only a few were actually useful on mordor launch and lasted very shortly.
    Assuming next level cap will include new decent shields ( unlike mordor launch ) and have better stat contributions , like finesse on will gear etc , those gear drops will be obsolete.

I have 2 suggestions to make.

1) Add a Meta deed for completing all scaled instances.
    Split the meta deed into 3 parts : complete 3mans , 6mans and raids on challenge mode , on level , starting with U23 and level 120.
    For completing the entire meta deed ( it's going to take a while ^^ ) ,
    add a total reward of 3 boxes ( 1 per lesser deed ) including bound to character AND unique 3-set jewellery items : 1 earring , 1 bracelet and 1 ring.
    Give those 3 jewellery a high item level bonus , something similar to ilvl 340 on Mordor standards ( newest raid gear is 345 ).
    You can add a 2-set bonus for people that are only willing to complete t2c 3mans and 6mans deeds ( and not raids ).
    As a 3-set bonus , i'd like to ask for something special , it can be utility or it can be combat bonus , i am fine with either , as long as it's unique and makes you feel proud you got it through good old instanced content.
    There will be 0 RNG involved , just pure team effort and in some scaled instance cases , a really decent ammount of skill and teamwork involved.

The reason i suggested earring , bracelet and ring as candidates is because we can wear 2 of each , and thus , adding a unique alternative won't allow the players to completely bypass newest on-level instanced content for best-in-slot end-game gearing.

You can repeat this process for every future level cap , with the same jewels , only scaled further.

2) Scale and bring back the revered gold items from Riders of Rohan.
    Examples :
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...en%27s_Earring
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...rel%27s_Gloves
    Add them on the challenge chests on a very low drop chance , similar to as it was back in RoR.
    Ideally on a box to pick the item you need , for a class of your choosing. ( Bound to account )

Thoughts...?
    Is it just me that finds the idea number 1 so great ? T_T
    I came up with it while drunk -_-
    Last edited by Kazabooboo; Jun 12 2018 at 06:53 PM.