We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    You need their currency to buy the items which again are not easy to come by while questing.
    I agree, I had very little use of it on my first char in Mordor. Was much better on following alts, solely because my first char collected a lot of alliance relics later on, and they are account bound.

Traveling skill was super useful (still is) after they shortened cd to 5 minutes only (was one hour originally).

How much of a difference will it make if I get my runestone to max DPS through crystals? I hear people saying the difference is huge, but when I hover over mine, I see a very small gain in damage, which makes me wonder if all the grind is worth it.

My runestone currently says: 253.5 tactical damage at level 46.

Final tier is showing as 264 tactical damage at 53 ranks.

Am I going to notice a strong difference in how combat feels if I were to get it to max level? The difference looks minimal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    How much of a difference will it make if I get my runestone to max DPS through crystals? I hear people saying the difference is huge, but when I hover over mine, I see a very small gain in damage, which makes me wonder if all the grind is worth it.

Am I going to notice a strong difference in how combat feels if I were to get it to max level? The difference looks minimal to me.
    It is. The problem is that tact damage doesn't scale like phys damage.

Last few levels are adding more than the others. The tactical legacy increase was not changed or scaled up. It remains at the constant numeric increase of 1.5 TDR per tier, and remains at cap at 264 TDR.

I had legacies in my mind, more than upper stats, though it's good to remember here that every little bit helps and that one should add Legendary Title, for any damage type is better than common.

What I meant was that imbued legacy maximum rank is currently 69. Let's look for example at Fire-type Damage legacy or Distracting Flame Damage. Depending on a rank, it is a big difference if that legacy is on +3%, +25% or maxed at +43.8%. Or Writ of Fire Damage that can go from +4% to +58.4%. Etc.

Also, another helpful thing, you are deep into Mordor, so should have standing and enough signets to get new relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirhaen View Post
    Last few levels are adding more than the others. The tactical legacy increase was not changed or scaled up. It remains at the constant numeric increase of 1.5 TDR per tier, and remains at cap at 264 TDR.

I had legacies in my mind, more than upper stats, though it's good to remember here that every little bit helps and that one should add Legendary Title, for any damage type is better than common.

What I meant was that imbued legacy maximum rank is currently 69. Let's look for example at Fire-type Damage legacy or Distracting Flame Damage. Depending on a rank, it is a big difference if that legacy is on +3%, +25% or maxed at +43.8%. Or Writ of Fire Damage that can go from +4% to +58.4%. Etc.

Also, another helpful thing, you are deep into Mordor, so should have standing and enough signets to get new relics.
    Ok, thank you. Is it better to give priority to legacies then, and anfalas crystals second? I'll look into getting some relics too.

Court of Seregost drops Scrolls of Empowerment to rank up your legacies - it's the most time efficient way to get both empowerment scrolls and Star Lit crystals. In fact, the drop rate for scrolls is about 10x that of the crystals. However it can only be run twice a day, so get on it !

If you are at Naerband, you are already mostly through Talath Urui. After that is Nargroth, where you learn about Urudani, the Gurzyul, and Borangos the Horror. And then you will yank off your shoes and socks to splash barefoot through the ponds of Agarnaith, finally see the Sun and clouds once more, feel the fronds of growing plant matter again and fight creatures made of flesh and blood not flame, and shadow. Bring a bucket and spade, it really will feel like you're on holiday.

I never realized RKs had this trouble. Whenever I grouped with one on my guardian, I was embarrased seeing them 3 shot opponents, with me contributing 5% of the DPS and feeling like I was freeloading. Are you in a large kinship ? Let them know where you are and where you're questing, and that you'd appreciate company. Even LFF is worth a shot, especially on peak hours for your time zone.
    Elf females - Nemulias (grd) Arenor (min - retired)
    Men - Farrowden (Champ), Rhoswith (lm), Manorborn (cpt)
    In Training : Snorlin (rk)
    Tankstrels RIP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQv83k6arY

Ok, thank you. Is it better to give priority to legacies then, and anfalas crystals second? I'll look into getting some relics too.
    Sorry I was away for a while... Yes I would concentrate on legacies on tactical classes. Let us know if your experience improved meanwhile. Hope you are out of Mordor by now and enjoying the game again

Sorry I was away for a while... Yes I would concentrate on legacies on tactical classes. Let us know if your experience improved meanwhile. Hope you are out of Mordor by now and enjoying the game again
    hello. I don't know if its been mentioned yet but you should get a 'vanguard rune of enchantment' for your RK stone. Either barter for it in Udun or other camps , or buy one on AH. Deconstruct it at RelicMaster and slot it in the 'rune' relic slot on your LI. then get a tactical healing equivalent for your satchel.....which you should imbue asap and start on. The other relics give finesse/evade and vitality/crit rating for settings and gem slots (barter in camps).Good luck. P.S. what server are you on.people may help if they knew. The rune of enchantement should give at least 10-15% extra damage.

I’m a level 115 Runekeeper and I’ve been in Mordor now for about 2-3 months. I’m in the middle of Talath Urui, and I’m thinking that I’m at the point where I’ve exhausted all my resources in trying to quest here and survive. I die anywhere from 2-5 times a night, and I’m just defeated and exhausted from it all. I don’t know what else to do to make things better, and the game seems to be designed with a Catch-22 scenario which blocks me from gaining any better gear to help.

I knew Mordor was going to be hard, so I tried to prepare myself as best I could. I played the game from 2009-2011, and then returned in 2016. I finally made it to Mordor around Dec 2017, but instead of entering Mordor I spent many months trying to work on my virtues, trying to gain as many trait points as I could, imbueing one legendary weapon (I don’t have an imbued class item yet, but I am working on that too) and trying to level that one weapon (it’s about half way there now.) I also saved mathom boxes for 2 years, so that when I entered Mordor I had a full set of teal/yellow level 107 Mathom gear. I saved every single buff item from my hobbit boxes as well, until I had a small collection of scrolls of morale and power, damage scrolls, defense scrolls, finesse scrolls, and soldier landscape tokens. I had my cook make top tier food.

I’m supposed to be getting Light of Earendil items to survive the penalties here, but the quest rewards were not giving me enough to reach neutral state in the areas where I was questing, even after having completed just about every quest in the area before moving on.

In desperation, I took some time off to craft what I could in jewelry to help, but that still only boosted me a tiny bit. (And due to the long cooldowns this whole process took several weeks.)

I got very lucky, and with that one black steel key we were gifted with for free some months back, I was able to open one Gorgoroth strongbox, which gave me a nice ring and enough ash for 4 level 112 pieces. This finally brought me to 144 light.

I’m unsure how players are supposed to gain enough light otherwise, since ash only comes if you deconstruct quest rewards and then you only receive 10 ash at a time! It is simply not enough. I understand that you can gain ash from completing dailies, but you can’t access the dailies without completing all of Mordor…and I can’t complete Mordor because I could probably use better gear/more ash. Hence the Catch-22 scenario.

(I now have enough light for the area I’m in at the moment, but I don’t know how much longer that will last, or how future chars will manage without access to ash upon arriving to Mordor.)

My frustration level has reached its peak. I’m surprised that even after so many months of prep work I still struggle in Mordor. There’s only so many months of grinding I can tolerate and I did my best before entering. Should I have grinded even longer? Is that even a reasonable expectation to ask? I wonder if the devs realize that not everyone has characters sitting at level cap in maxed gear and with maxed weapons. Some people arrive at Mordor in the quest gear they had on from Gondor with brand spanking new imbued items.

I join up with others when possible, but most of the time I am alone. Finding others who are on the exact same quests and stages as me is very difficult.

I’m using every skill I have to the best of my ability. My skills are no longer as effective as they used to be however (Armor of the Elements rarely stuns mobs in Mordor and that was a major function that I used to count on to keep me alive.) Last night in Naerband I was chain silenced by two elites (these elites always come in pairs), unable to use any skills until I died. I’ve considered retraiting but I’m unsure if another point arrangement will help. I am currently red line with any extra points in blue.

I don’t want to give up but I’m starting to think that beating my head against a wall just isn’t practical anymore. Maybe I should wait until the level cap rises again and hope I can complete it then?

What else is left for me to do? I feel so discouraged.
    If your 115 go to sergost unlock the isntance get lvl 112 ash gear (if i remember its like 60-100 ash per piece)

Thanks for checking in on me! I've made some progress but it has been slow going. Staying alive is just so exhausting that I'm running out of steam and finding myself playing this character less and less. Some days I just don't have the energy for that amount of concentration.

I have been trying to work on things when I can. I was finally able to get myself an imbued runebag! I had a hard time picking legacies for it though. All the ones I wanted or had heard recommended were majors, so I couldn't get them all on the bag at once. I'm out of things like the scroll of delving and the crystal of remembrance, so those will have to wait. I do have some imbued legacy replacement scrolls but I'm unsure if using them now is wise. RK's are due for their balance pass at some point and if the fire line suddenly goes out of favor and it's all about lightning, then I may end up needing those replacement scrolls more then than now.

I found Court of Seregost, so I think that means I unlocked it. It's group only though, right? I'm wary of joining groups when I group so little and don't know the instance at all. I'm not utterly clueless, but I'm definitely out of practice, so I don't want to be "that player" that no one wants in their group, you know? Makes me uncomfortable about jumping into pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranak123 View Post
    hello. I don't know if its been mentioned yet but you should get a 'vanguard rune of enchantment' for your RK stone. Either barter for it in Udun or other camps , or buy one on AH. Deconstruct it at RelicMaster and slot it in the 'rune' relic slot on your LI. then get a tactical healing equivalent for your satchel.....which you should imbue asap and start on. The other relics give finesse/evade and vitality/crit rating for settings and gem slots (barter in camps).Good luck. P.S. what server are you on.people may help if they knew. The rune of enchantement should give at least 10-15% extra damage.
    Thanks! This sounds very helpful. I'm not sure I have what it takes to get these yet, but I will keep these in mind and definitely look into it now that I know what to get.

I left Naerband and moved on to Agarnaith (hoping I'll be able to come back to it later). I also moved into Northern Mirkwood, so I have quests in both areas now at once and I bounce back and forth between them. Mirkwood is even worse than Mordor though, so I didn't get very far there. For some reason I seem to be made of paper, and a normal mob can bring me down to half health in 2 hits. This means that I can't always keep up with healing myself, even with my big every 15 sec heal, because they wear me down faster than 15 seconds. Since only one mob is capable of doing this, any quest that involves multiple mobs is currently out of reach, which holds me back quite a bit. Sometimes I can stay alive with two mobs, but it's an epic struggle!

Thanks for checking in on me! I've made some progress but it has been slow going. Staying alive is just so exhausting that I'm running out of steam and finding myself playing this character less and less. Some days I just don't have the energy for that amount of concentration.

I left Naerband and moved on to Agarnaith (hoping I'll be able to come back to it later). I also moved into Northern Mirkwood, so I have quests in both areas now at once and I bounce back and forth between them. Mirkwood is even worse than Mordor though, so I didn't get very far there. For some reason I seem to be made of paper, and a normal mob can bring me down to half health in 2 hits. This means that I can't always keep up with healing myself, even with my big every 15 sec heal, because they wear me down faster than 15 seconds. Since only one mob is capable of doing this, any quest that involves multiple mobs is currently out of reach, which holds me back quite a bit. Sometimes I can stay alive with two mobs, but it's an epic struggle!
    You can go to Lake Town, Dale, and Erebor to quest there. A lot of quests are in town and help with gear quest rewards. Especially Thursday and Sunday you could also find easier help with the few harder quest in these locations. Turn in all the task items and you can even barter for purple gear at ally, teal at kin. Also, the barter at the festival sells Anfalas crystals. Try to finish the Black Book. Easier as well although navigating through Eryn Lasgalen has it's own challenges.

Some might call this 'cheating' but if VIP and getting your 500 monthly LP, one should have a fair bit. Black Steel Keys at 900lp per 5 can get you quite a boost. A couple boxes gave me 600ash each along with an empowered abyssal essence.

Also, be sure to hit those rare treasure chests, can get lucky.

Definitely level up your LIs. Doing a round of Minas Tirith smiths/burgmen/builders can take very little time and net 6-7 scrolls. In Dol Amroth, a round of warbands and Tarlang Crown repeatables can get another 2-3 per day. Max the legacies that benefit your most go-to skills first.

Btw, speaking of LoE, how much is enough? So far, highest shadow areas I saw were 100 with some mobs carrying extra +10 or 20, but did not seem to stack. What are Talath Urui shadow levels?

To add to what has already been mentioned, I would recommend running seregost at 105 t1 solo if you're uncomfortable grouping in it to get a feel for the instance. I have done it solo on hunter, LM, warden, and minstrel (105 t2 solo on hunter and warden). It is fairly easy at 105. Once you get the feel for the instance, you can group up and do 105 t2 (and t1).

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Some might call this 'cheating' but if VIP and getting your 500 monthly LP, one should have a fair bit. Black Steel Keys at 900lp per 5 can get you quite a boost. A couple boxes gave me 600ash each along with an empowered abyssal essence.

Also, be sure to hit those rare treasure chests, can get lucky.

Definitely level up your LIs. Doing a round of Minas Tirith smiths/burgmen/builders can take very little time and net 6-7 scrolls. In Dol Amroth, a round of warbands and Tarlang Crown repeatables can get another 2-3 per day. Max the legacies that benefit your most go-to skills first.

Btw, speaking of LoE, how much is enough? So far, highest shadow areas I saw were 100 with some mobs carrying extra +10 or 20, but did not seem to stack. What are Talath Urui shadow levels?
    Thank you. I recently checked out the dailies in Dol Amroth, so I'll add that to my occasional scroll runs. I think I have plenty LoE now, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Goo-see-nopants View Post
    To add to what has already been mentioned, I would recommend running seregost at 105 t1 solo if you're uncomfortable grouping in it to get a feel for the instance. I have done it solo on hunter, LM, warden, and minstrel (105 t2 solo on hunter and warden). It is fairly easy at 105. Once you get the feel for the instance, you can group up and do 105 t2 (and t1).
    I did try to do exactly this, but I wasn't able to get past the first boss. I looked up the mechanics and it seems I'm supposed to keep the bosses in separate rooms, but I don't see how I can do that when there just one me! I tried running back and forth and I still got some kind of DOT (I think it was) on me that killed me relatively quickly.

I'm really wishing that I hadn't chosen my RK to take to cap first. I think that was a mistake. When I play my other alts I'm always surprised at how much easier things feel, especially when I go through areas that I remember having such a hard time with on my RK. Even my burg, who I only have rudimentary experience with, was able to solo a small fellowship quest 2 levels above her, something I could never dream of doing with my RK.

My biggest problem right now seem to be the amount of damage I'm taking from mobs. Each hit takes a huge chunk of my health, and it takes only 4-6 hits to kill me. The 15 seconds I have between self motivation heals simply isn't time enough to kill whatever is attacking me (at least not when there are 2 of them), so after one cast of SM, I'm a sitting duck and usually die shortly after.

I did manage to make it through the Epic all the way to Erebor, (skipping most side quests) so I may just end up taking a break now from my RK for a while.

I’m a level 115 Runekeeper and I’ve been in Mordor now for about 2-3 months. I’m in the middle of Talath Urui, and I’m thinking that I’m at the point where I’ve exhausted all my resources in trying to quest here and survive. I die anywhere from 2-5 times a night, and I’m just defeated and exhausted from it all.
    Let me both sympathize and encourage you. My runekeeper is my last alt and I do not want to invest a huge amount of effort gearing up. My goal is he can get the job done and solo without too much trouble. Mordor was challenging at first. And he died now and again especially if he pulled two or more mobs. But slowly and surely he finished a few quests... started getting Mordor gear... started crushing mobs that used to crush him. Because he is my last alt I do not know or play the class very well. Tweaked his skill tree invested a little effort on his legendary items and became better at fighting and burning down mobs. For example I now toss down Fulgurite Stone early after an initial pull... daze the mob... gives time for 2-3 Writ of Fire... then shift to big burns over time. You probably have a better more effective skill rotation.

I admit not having faced Talath Urui yet. I leveled six other toons to 115 and at first Mordor was rough for the medium especially light classes. By the time they got to Talath Urui they had enough Mordor gear to do okay as long as they did not mess up with a bad pull. Hang in there.
    Last edited by DarthKeryx; Jul 16 2018 at 05:27 PM.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 115 Hnt | Ngollwydha 115 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 115 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 108 Cpt Arkenstone | Pro tip = How someone behaves in game reflects how s/he behaves in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    Not everybody is as skillful as raiders.
    We shouldn't mix up raiders and those that are here for forum PvP.

I did try to do exactly this, but I wasn't able to get past the first boss. I looked up the mechanics and it seems I'm supposed to keep the bosses in separate rooms, but I don't see how I can do that when there just one me! I tried running back and forth and I still got some kind of DOT (I think it was) on me that killed me relatively quickly.
    The dot is casted by Gorkasak (male) and cannot be interrupted or cured. The key is to avoid it by retreat kiting. The problem is that red RKs do static DPS, so this is not really a good solution - you will just use your minor skills and the fight takes ages.

The keys to this fight:
    1. avoid the dot by not allowing Gorkasak to get into close combat
    2. Kulgru needs to be interrupted or gets a damage buff. Usually you should kill her faster than this.
    3. They should not be in the room they started in. On 105T1 you can ignore that for Kulgru.

I would really recommend to find a few nice people to group up with, even if it just for learning the instance. If you're on Gwaihir, I could help (free of expectations...).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2