We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Testing out Guardian solo survivability in Update 22.2

The purpose of this thread is to explore and challenge ourselves in Update 22.2 with all of the changes to Guardian Red-line. In the following couple of weeks I will be working on and publishing a new Guardian Guide for Update 22.2. My written portions will largely focus on solo survivability and basic tanking, but I will be drawing upon members of the community to gather your expert knowledge when it pertains to tier 2 and raid tanking.

• Zon School of Tham Mirdain @ 115 on Guardian :: Update 22.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRPTgEjBixU

• Zon Library of Tham Mirdain @ 115 on Guardian :: Update 22.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10k0Y3g5HFU

• Zon Silent Street T1 @ 105 on Guardian :: Update 22.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gtmrva6CIM

• Zon Fornost Fire T1 @ 115 on Guardian :: Update 22.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGO4b8fHm9c

I'll add more videos to this thread as I continue to challenge myself.
    Last edited by Zonflux; Jun 12 2018 at 04:47 AM.

Pretty awesome work! Please, do keep them coming, looking forward to seeing more.

Hey zon, nice vids!
    so far watched only the first two (they are not that long haha)

You might already know this, but in the first one, when you say 'another failed hammer-down' if you are expecting the skill to reset - it no longer does after update.

Also in the second vid when you are comparing seve-star stew tooltip, i believe those were crafted before mordor. With the introduction of doomfold crafting, some anorien crafted items changed (dont remember now if it was just the seve-star stews or more). But essentially the values you see on the tooltip are not the actual buff values you get. This is only problem of items that were crafted before the changes, if you look at the recipe now and craft them they will show correct values.
    TLDR; at the end of day, the new food is better than the old

Quote Originally Posted by 4andreas View Post
    Hey zon, nice vids!
    so far watched only the first two (they are not that long haha)

You might already know this, but in the first one, when you say 'another failed hammer-down' if you are expecting the skill to reset - it no longer does after update.

Also in the second vid when you are comparing seve-star stew tooltip, i believe those were crafted before mordor. With the introduction of doomfold crafting, some anorien crafted items changed (dont remember now if it was just the seve-star stews or more). But essentially the values you see on the tooltip are not the actual buff values you get. This is only problem of items that were crafted before the changes, if you look at the recipe now and craft them they will show correct values.
    TLDR; at the end of day, the new food is better than the old
    Sadly this morning I crafted a few stacks of Seven-star Stew only to discover what you just wrote here. ~cries

As for Hammer Down the reason I was saying "another failed Hammer Down" was because of it getting partially avoided and thus mitigating a tonne of the damage along with it being a non-crit. Unfortunately Finesse won't help me there.

Not a solo thing but I had a lot of fun 2-manning Court of Seregost Tier 1 @ 115 with a fellow Guardian viewer in my stream. Putting it out here because we did it without a healer and I'm proud for both of us and it was fun. The fellow Guardian is Karldun the Mad Dwarf.

• 2-man Guardians CoS T1 ~ 1st boss @ 115 :: Update 22.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykQWQzDP8sY

• 2-man Guardians CoS T1 ~ 2nd boss @ 115 :: Update 22.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WLtjGILHCk

• 2-man Guardians CoS T1 ~ 3rd boss @ 115 :: Update 22.2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTonb5zvDvQ

Guardian solo Court of Seregost Tier 1 set to 115

I was originally creating this video to be released in my new Guardian Guide which I plan on releasing within the next couple of weeks, editing and splicing it into chunks, and while I still plan on doing that I couldn't resist but to post the full video here along with this little chorus song that I wrote.

I think I did it again
    I made you believe that I gave up on Guardian
    Oh baby
    It might seem like the end

But it doesn't mean that I'm done
    'Cause like a reborn Pheonix
    I rose up and conquered
    Oh baby, baby

Court of Seregost
    yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
    Tier 1 at 115 on my Guardian
    yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
    Oh baby, baby

That's what I'm talking about! <3

Good to see a fellow Guardian having a blast again after all this time again

Thats really impressive!

Could I ask for a few pointers regarding the traits you are using? I can see you have both Bring on the Pain and Hammer Down, so I guess you are quite deep in both the red and the yellow tree.

I wonder, though:
    1) Do you spend any points in Thrill of Battle at all? I know this used to be the very core of a survival build, but it seems much less helpful now.
    2) How do you spend points in the first tier of the yellow tree, in order to open up the rest of it?
    3) Are you able to max out Strong Bursts while still traiting Bring on the Pain?
    Ismarond - 115 Champion
    Ismalil - 115 Burglar
    Ismaili - 115 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Ismarond View Post

1) Do you spend any points in Thrill of Battle at all? I know this used to be the very core of a survival build, but it seems much less helpful now.
    Nobody does and nobody should. It's so bad these days.

2) How do you spend points in the first tier of the yellow tree, in order to open up the rest of it?
    I'd say Insult to Injury and High-Spirited max, then War-chant and Numbed Senses. Proceed from there.

3) Are you able to max out Strong Bursts while still traiting Bring on the Pain?
    Only if you sacrifice a lot from Red. Honestly, Strong Bursts isn't that important, considering all your damage comes from bleeds rather than AOE's themselves.

Thank you! That is helpful.
    Ismarond - 115 Champion
    Ismalil - 115 Burglar
    Ismaili - 115 Guardian

Ruined City Tier 1 @ 115 solo

Not a full complete solo as I was not able to defeat the final boss in the instance but I thought I would post a video showing from the beginning of the instance up to but not including the final boss. If you don't have time to watch the entire 47 minute video please feel free to skip to the Jukutor and Thrug boss fights. Hope you enjoy. Love you all! <3 xoxo

00:05:43 Jukator
    00:23:50 Thrug

Last edited by Zonflux; Jul 14 2018 at 04:42 AM.