We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: XInput device

XInput device

XInput device discovery has been temporarily disabled, please tell me when will include? I am disabled and can not play on the keyboard, why have I disabled it?

Unfortunately, we had to temporarily disable XInput because it was causing a crashing issue. We're hoping to bring it back in the future.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Dedserg View Post
    XInput device discovery has been temporarily disabled, please tell me when will include? I am disabled and can not play on the keyboard, why have I disabled it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Unfortunately, we had to temporarily disable XInput because it was causing a crashing issue. We're hoping to bring it back in the future.

FWIW Dedserg I have been able to play LotRO through my SteamLink using a Steam Controller. As I understand it, it's straight up emulating mouse and keyboard controls, so possibly that would work for your needs?
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

I have used an XInput device to play this game for a decade and have not had a single performance issue related to it. I am grateful that you too find this unfortunate. Perhaps you can provide more information that will help us better understand the situation. With player feedback, maybe we can find a way to resolve this issue more quickly. Thank you for your sincere concern.
    BREGLOR · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

To update: We have someone working on this, so the fix should be in fairly quickly.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thank you hope we will not have to wait long

To update: We have someone working on this, so the fix should be in fairly quickly.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Great news! Thank you.
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Fix please

I have been playing since Beta. My 2 daughters have joined me. One of my daughters is disabled and so we use gamepads to play. We never had any issues. We appreciate you working hard to fix this!
    Fourtune, Proud Leader of Circle of Trust, Lvl 57 Minstrel;
    Sincerity, Lvl 53 Loremaster; Karmic, Lvl 53 Runekeeper;
    Tragedy, Lvl 39 Dwarf Guardian; Jeopardy, Lvl 43 Warden;
    Prophecy, Lvl 60 Elf Hunter and Malfortune, Lvl 51 Hobbit Burglar

I enabled XInput detection and restarted the client, and it still doesn't work. I tried this a couple times. Has anyone else had success?
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Erethal View Post
    I enabled XInput detection and restarted the client, and it still doesn't work. I tried this a couple times. Has anyone else had success?
    I confirm does not work
    Last edited by Dedserg; Jun 27 2018 at 10:26 PM.

Though this may be obvious, I just want to reiterate that it still does not work after today's update.
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Though this may be obvious, I just want to reiterate that it still does not work after today's update.
    all works, you need to tick in the settings of the mouse

all works, you need to tick in the settings of the mouse
    I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean. I have the box ticked for "Enable XInput Detection." Are you referring to a different setting?
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean. I have the box ticked for "Enable XInput Detection." Are you referring to a different setting?
    Yes it is, I have everything working.

Yes it is, I have everything working.
    I'm encouraged to hear it is working for you! I will keep trying to find a solution!
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

I've had some success. I can get LOTRO to detect XInput through Steam's software. This worked with both a Steam Controller and a generic USB gamepad. But no matter what I tried, I could not get LOTRO to detect XInput natively through Windows without Steam. I'm not sure why it's working this way, but I'm grateful that I've at least found a way to make it work.
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Angry

It's not working for me either. I checked the box, have windows 7 and an XBox360 controller and a logitech F310 controller. Lotro recognizes the directional pad on the controllers, but not the analog sticks, nor even the ABXY buttons. What else do I need to do here? Seems overly complicated. I plug in USB controller, Windows 7 detects it fine and I can test it out in Windows 7's control panel, have the box checked for input detection in Lotro, restarted the lotro client....now what?

Quote Originally Posted by HadronHalflife View Post
    It's not working for me either. I checked the box, have windows 7 and an XBox360 controller and a logitech F310 controller. Lotro recognizes the directional pad on the controllers, but not the analog sticks, nor even the ABXY buttons. What else do I need to do here? Seems overly complicated. I plug in USB controller, Windows 7 detects it fine and I can test it out in Windows 7's control panel, have the box checked for input detection in Lotro, restarted the lotro client....now what?
    I can advise you to try the program Xpadder

Weird

Ok I am using the same xbox controller as before. I enabled xinput and restarted. Here is the weird part: On my asus laptop it worked and I needed to reprogram via keymapping. On my dell pc after enabling xinput, it automatically programmed everything. On my Acer laptop I can't get the controller to work at all. Any ideas?
    Fourtune, Proud Leader of Circle of Trust, Lvl 57 Minstrel;
    Sincerity, Lvl 53 Loremaster; Karmic, Lvl 53 Runekeeper;
    Tragedy, Lvl 39 Dwarf Guardian; Jeopardy, Lvl 43 Warden;
    Prophecy, Lvl 60 Elf Hunter and Malfortune, Lvl 51 Hobbit Burglar