We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player from Elendilmir wondering where to transfer my characters to.

Hey where's the pie?

I have been away from LOTRO for almost 5 years. I just found out that Elendilmir has been shut down.

What servers did everyone transfer to?

What servers do you suggest I transfer to? Which one has the largest population?

Thanks. Carry on.
    Zaene Adeth - Hunter / Explorer
    Elendilmir
    Marauders of Minhiriath

If you want a friendly raiding/pvmp environment Brandy

Elitist - Arkenstone

Roleplay - Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Zaene View Post
    Hey where's the pie?

I have been away from LOTRO for almost 5 years. I just found out that Elendilmir has been shut down.

What servers do you suggest I transfer to? Which one has the largest population?

Thanks. Carry on.
    I transferred mine To Crickhollow and Evernight and Laurelin. Crickhollow seems to have a good community and is always active, Evernight not so much, and Laurelin has been good it seems for years. Two of those are EU servers, Crickhollow for the US seems fairly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaene View Post
    Hey where's the pie?

Thanks. Carry on.

First of all, Welcome Home to Lotro!

Second of all, it would be a bit easier to recommend a server to you if we knew a bit more about what is important to you as a player. I play only on US servers, so those are the only ones I know anything about. Arky is....a bit troll-y now, but it is probably the most active for raiding, endgame, and PvMP. Landroval is your RP-encouraged server. It seems pretty friendly, but all servers are going to have their trolls. Ignore is your friend when it comes to toxic people. I play mainly on Gladden and it's a great choice if you want a friendly, helpful server that is a bit laid back. Hope this helped!!

A few tips:

You can only transfer Elendilmir characters to one of the NA servers: Arkenstone, Gladden, Crickhollow, Landroval, or Brandywine.

You can create a new character on one or two servers to scout them out before committing to a transfer. You won't be able to post in /world until the new character has reached an unspecified amount of /played time, but you can read the global world, trade, and lff channels to gauge activity.

When it comes time to transfer, you don't have to transfer everything on one block. You can transfer characters one at a time. Maybe you'd want to send one to Landroval for possible future roleplay, of just to have a character to go to the music events like Weatherstock. Send the rest to a different server.

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com