We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

FriendlyHat Brings justice to the Minstrel.

I really like the changes to the trait lines for the Minstrel. They were well thought out and have added a layer of usability not seen for years. The healing aspect of a Minstrel now has meaning for more than just the Bolster Spam type of Minstrels. These changes were long needed and most welcome. The Red trait line now has much more utility and depth. Not to go into great detail for the Redline Minstrel, I want to say, I think these changes and additions are very usable. I don't choose Yellow line as a primary, however the changes overall make this line more supportive to the other two than before. Thank You for bringing the Minstrel back to a Pre-Traitline existence as much as could possibly happen.

On the subject of interaction with the community. It is my opinion you handle this very well. It is limited and rightly so. You do read the feedback and I can tell by the outcome of the Minstrel class. It is my belief that some Developers can get caught up in trying to please every player for every situation and it is not possible. It seems like FriendlyHat made evaluations and stuck to the set plan, followed through with the task and succeeded. We as players do not need to have daily interaction with you. What we need is a Dev who can get things done and not spend their time posting to the needy crowd.

#FriendlyHatdeservesaraise

Thank You for making the Minstrel class fun once again.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

so you think, it makes sense to have reduced movement in exchange for block, blockrating as a trait, 3min anthem duration and 3-4 stackable anthems whichs buffs stay at traitline switch for all traitlines?
    And you think, its good, if two completely different skills share the same group-hot, which overwrites itself?

#notsureifserious

...the other changes were mostly good and are welcome to me. But those mentioned shouldnt make sense to any minstrel player at all, at least thats what I think. Anthems with 3min durations should just be auras. Otherwise, thats just OP/stupid mechanic. Why have them at all, if they need no attention and are permanent anyway.
    block is of no use for a healer as long as most interesting skills ignore avoidance and the shared hot simply has to be a bug. Its obvious and was reported several times.
    If anything, that block-for-movement stuff should be a panicbutton like tanks have it that gives a huge amount of avoidance. But in likely all situations where avoidance might be useful, its easier to just run away with normal movement speed.
    Last edited by Oelle; Jun 07 2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

*looks at OP's posting history*

Please leave FriendlyHat alone, s/he doesn't deserve a troll thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    so you think, it makes sense to have reduced movement in exchange for block, blockrating as a trait, 3min anthem duration and 3-4 stackable anthems whichs buffs stay at traitline switch for all traitlines?
    And you think, its good, if two completely different skills share the same group-hot, which overwrites itself?

#notsureifserious

...the other changes were mostly good and are welcome to me. But those mentioned shouldnt make sense to any minstrel player at all, at least thats what I think. Anthems with 3min durations should just be auras. Otherwise, thats just OP/stupid mechanic. Why have them at all, if they need no attention and are permanent anyway.
    block is of no use for a healer as long as most interesting skills ingore avoidance and the shared hot simply has to be a bug. Its obvious and was reported several times.
    If anything, that block-for-movement stuff should be a panicbutton like tanks have it that gives a huge amount of avoidance. But in likely all situations where avoidance might be useful, its easier to just run away with normal movement speed.
    I don't recall speaking to any specific trait or skill. It is an overall evaluation of the work and its changes from its former version. It is a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    *looks at OP's posting history*

Please leave FriendlyHat alone, s/he doesn't deserve a troll thread.
    Lol try again reading the OP and take off your goggles this time.

I played Minstrel as a main for ten years. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the Minstrel class. My post history is varied and has little to do with this thread. I'd read yours if only I had a care. It's too bad some people can't accept a compliment for being a compliment.
    Last edited by sapienze; Jun 07 2018 at 12:26 PM.

So are you saying the dev who made the minstrel into a bolster spam boring class did us no favours?

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    I don't recall speaking to any specific trait or skill. It is an overall evaluation of the work and its changes from its former version. It is a job well done.
    A job that leaves us with lots of harsh issues isnt well done. Its okay at best. It went in the right direction and did many good changes. But well done wouldnt have left those completely useless and bugged things.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Considering the complexity, lots is near to none. You're opinion of lots is a number that can be counted on one hand and are hardly a detriment to the current version of the class. Not at all in PVE whether solo, small group, Raid. Not in PvMP. I looked at the blocking trait with its movement slow and decided I didn't need the block buff. A different play style may have a use for it. To say its a useless trait is your opinion. No one is making you use it.

Other features not wai is another matter and chances are they will be addressed.

You can disagree and somehow my opinion matters more to me than yours. It is a job well done considering the task.

Sapienze, are you the actual Sapience? The worst community manager in the history of community managers and the single largest detriment to this game's existence and profitability?
    Answer questions with a question.
    Perception=Reality
    Just because you got it done doesnt mean you did it well.

Quote Originally Posted by esdumby View Post
    Sapienze, are you the actual Sapience? The worst community manager in the history of community managers and the single largest detriment to this game's existence and profitability?
    bruhhhhhhhhhhh

I played Minstrel as a main for ten years. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the Minstrel class.
    Someone who throws generic praise without going into specifics of WHAT is actually well done, who wants others to take their word for it because "I know what I'm taking about", and who keeps ignoring particulars that others bring up - can't be taken seriously. Not even by the dev who is the target of this 'compliment', as generic flattery is not only unconstructive but detrimental to the next stages of plotting out further class work on the Minstrel where all specific feedback is taken into consideration.

You can disagree and somehow my opinion matters more to me than yours. It is a job well done considering the task.
    Guy gets challenged with backing up his claim with factual specifics, and all he does is talk back at others instead of helping FriendlyHat with specific examples of what he considers 'well done'. Getting defensive about having one's opinion questioned only shows how unsubstantiated it is.

Just sadly clear that OP made the post simply in reaction to others' criticism to rub them off, and not from any motivation to add constructive feedback to Minstrel discussion. I'm genuinely sorry for FriendlyHat to be thus singled out for someone else's ego trip. (Is that why he chose his forum ID?)

Quote Originally Posted by esdumby View Post
    Sapience wasn't the single largest detriment, or anywhere close, that would be executives who moved the game to FTP, micro-transcations, PTW, etc, and instead of reinvesting profits from the game into the game, gambled on other projects that didn't work out, etc, without which Sapience would never have been felt the need to crush dissent and mishandle relations for a game that was floundering, because the game wouldn't have been in such a bad state to begin with.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.