We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Updates to the Fellowing Panel!

THANK YOU for revisiting this ancient neglected mechanic. I'd say the changes have streamlined it, which is helpful, but I have noticed a couple immediate issues still...

The "who" filters are still a bit too narrow. The default level range for searching and for setting up an open fellowship should extend to 5-below current level. With 115 levels and a whole world of content there are folks working on quests well outside their normal range still.

The "Find a Fellowship" button in the quest log only opens the Fellowship panel. It should create an entry in the open fellowships list for the quest you picked from. This is essentially what it used to do. As it stands, to create a fellowship entry, you have to manually pick your quest out of an unfiltered drop-down menu. That's very sub-optimal.

Of course the hardest part is still going to be "no one uses it BECAUSE no one uses it", so issues like the above which lower the barrier-to-entry as much as possible are urgent improvements IMO.

Also, making the menu somehow more prominent to the player is something that needs to be explored from a couple different vectors.

Thanks again!
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Broken Followship/Who Pannel

The Who pannel is broken. I consistently get an incomplete search when I look for who is online within kinships. This is something many many other people I've talked to are seeing. I am frustrated they broke something that was working fine before.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    The Who pannel is broken. I consistently get an incomplete search when I look for who is online within kinships. This is something many many other people I've talked to are seeing. I am frustrated they broke something that was working fine before.

I'm pretty sure that's the result of the default level band range (which is a main criticism). Do you get an incomplete list after manually adjusting the level range?
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!

It seems to work very slowly. I set it to search then go play, after about 15 minutes it seems to have found everyone.
    Galedlen/Rud/Aerval/Erenric et al of Landroval

The entire feature seems to be broken. I can set the level range to "1 to 115" and still get a result that says something like "showing 4 out of 30". Another player in the same region will see "showing 2 out of 200". Why am I not seeing 30 out of 30, or 200 out of 200? There is currently no way to see all the players in any given region like we used to. Anyone who says that nobody uses the social panel is just plain wrong. It's used heavily among RPers especially.

The old one worked just fine. Please just switch it back or fix this ASAP :-/
    Owner - Laurelin RP Group Discord server - https://discord.me/laurelinrp

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekGirl View Post
    The entire feature seems to be broken. I can set the level range to "1 to 115" and still get a result that says something like "showing 4 out of 30". Another player in the same region will see "showing 2 out of 200". Why am I not seeing 30 out of 30, or 200 out of 200? There is currently no way to see all the players in any given region like we used to. Anyone who says that nobody uses the social panel is just plain wrong. It's used heavily among RPers especially.

The old one worked just fine. Please just switch it back or fix this ASAP :-/
    That stinks. Hope you /bug'd it.