We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Captain heal

Captain heal

Hello SSG, I'll make a quick post for the heal rune nerf

you basically fked over the captains class right now, our heal wasn't very good anymore due the stat changes, but now it's even more f*ked

I almost want to demand you fix this issue with the next update. Captain heals were alrdy under scaled with the runes and now they're worthless, not worth anymore to press the rallying cry heal, cuz its fked over!

in compare to the morale pool nowadays, a 15-22k avg heal is ridiculous low and not even worth pressing anymore imo.

at lvl 105 I did even heal more then this, then it was about 18-25k. With that, I was almost full morale with one heal (did run 28k morale build so yes, explains itself)

fix this issue with the next patch pls, else I'm just gonna go into my eternal slumber.

2 runes were used on healing.
    Last edited by WhiteGoliath; Jun 05 2018 at 09:23 AM.

Alltair / Zaheer

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoliath View Post
    fix this issue with the next patch pls, else I'm just gonna go into my eternal slumber.
    You seem to have a history with quitting...

even minstrels are getting 15k HPS now, aomt t2 will be impossible to run now with heals so nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    You seem to have a history with quitting...
    where did u read i would quit in this thread ?
    believe I only said i did quit once, and thats what i did once. I returned later, after mordor was up for a while but cba to grind gear so i just logged in so now and then. Just to play with some friend, since a short time im actually grinding again but not being hasty, just being semi active and grinding when i got time
    Last edited by WhiteGoliath; Jun 05 2018 at 01:18 PM.

Alltair / Zaheer

Heal runes are as bad as HS reset set bonus was pre-U19 hunter. The item made a massive difference in potential, so big that groups would be semi-justified in turning players away if they were missing it. Things like that shouldn't be put in game.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Heal runes are as bad as HS reset set bonus was pre-U19 hunter. The item made a massive difference in potential, so big that groups would be semi-justified in turning players away if they were missing it. Things like that shouldn't be put in game.
    yes, in terms of healers.

but for captains, it was a nice compensation in trade for the lacking heal we were missing, being underscaled in healing and then receiving this rune did proper compensation. Not really OP, even underpowered from what it used to be at 105, so we used to runes to compensate for the underscaled heal we were missing so much.

Alltair / Zaheer

but for captains, it was a nice compensation in trade for the lacking heal we were missing, being underscaled in healing and then receiving this rune did proper compensation. Not really OP, even underpowered from what it used to be at 105, so we used to runes to compensate for the underscaled heal we were missing so much.
    Still shouldn't come back. Captains should be getting their scaling improved when their pass comes is all.

Guards are the new captains,just roll a guardian.

Still shouldn't come back. Captains should be getting their scaling improved when their pass comes is all.
    You don't understand me here, I never said they should come back, I said that their heals need to be fixed. I don't care how, aslong as they get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by pinlu View Post
    Guards are the new captains,just roll a guardian.
    except a guardian is ez to exploit and a cappy not imo, atleast in my case. (or so it seems for creeps, I rarely encounter creeps who know how to exploit captains and then again, I know how to counter it )
    also playing cpt for like 7/8yrs and then only cpt, so no, I never betray my class for some ripoff

POI
    Last edited by WhiteGoliath; Jun 06 2018 at 04:33 AM.

Alltair / Zaheer

You don't understand me here, I never said they should come back, I said that their heals need to be fixed. I don't care how, aslong as they get fixed.

except a guardian is ez to exploit and a cappy not imo, atleast in my case. (or so it seems for creeps, I rarely encounter creeps who know how to exploit captains and then again, I know how to counter it )
    also playing cpt for like 7/8yrs and then only cpt, so no, I never betray my class for some ripoff

POI
    Guardian isn’t easy to exploit , hitting 80-100k dps in AOM (oddy post), and full hp heal and TOD make it way stronger than the captain.

You're not being particularly clear. Your posts imply that the healing rune nerf is a big problem for Captains when in reality the problem exists entirely independent of the healing runes. The rune was never proper compensation, it was a further issue that the class had to deal with. If you want people to understand you here you really need to focus on what you perceive to be the real problem i.e. Captain heal magnitude is just too low. Talking about the runes just comes across as you wanting the runes back.

You're not being particularly clear. Your posts imply that the healing rune nerf is a big problem for Captains when in reality the problem exists entirely independent of the healing runes. The rune was never proper compensation, it was a further issue that the class had to deal with. If you want people to understand you here you really need to focus on what you perceive to be the real problem i.e. Captain heal magnitude is just too low. Talking about the runes just comes across as you wanting the runes back.

I never rlly stated I want the runes back, I clearly said that those runes temporary compensated for the lacking heal that captains have.

Their core healing, just overall is lacking.

Guardian isn’t easy to exploit , hitting 80-100k dps in AOM (oddy post), and full hp heal and TOD make it way stronger than the captain.
    from my point of view, guardians are easy to exploit, also judging from the amount of knowledge creeps overall have.

I never talked about PvE tho, dont care for pve really.

Guardians have a passive heal, they're a brawler. Captains aren't, they're active tanks, which implies they need to keep their heals running in fights, healing from their dps, healing from rallyingcry, MCSelfheal and so on.

red captains survive through healing, not by filling morale, that's wrong. You get as captain heavy dmg reduction from hardened state, dmg boosts and healing output boosts. Which implies you need to heal, rather then wasting your slots to morale essences. This is what I've been shouting over the years, but still seems hard to understand for even the more experienced captains.

and I think captain dots exceed guardian easily, ticking with 4-7k each every 2 sec for 38 sec with 4 dots on target + infinte AOE dot for surrounding, stacking 3 times.
    3x 38 sec every 2 sec a tick.

Now our heal is missing, which makes the red captain hard to survive in, but mordor was doable for me in red, thankfully to my swaps.

3 swap weapons and 3 swap emblems.

Alltair / Zaheer

and I think captain dots exceed guardian easily, ticking with 4-7k each every 2 sec for 38 sec with 4 dots on target + infinte AOE dot for surrounding, stacking 3 times.
    3x 38 sec every 2 sec a tick.
    Have you even logged in since the update?
    Guard dots are A LOT better than captain dots atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Justapvpdude View Post
    Have you even logged in since the update?
    Guard dots are A LOT better than captain dots atm.
    logged in since 2 days, havent seen a guard yet w/ some dps

but we're talking about the captain here now, f* the guardian

Alltair / Zaheer