We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Keyboard lag

Keyboard lag

So I have a bit of an odd problem here and I'm at an absolute loss on how to fix it. For whatever reason, within the past couple of weeks, I have been getting unbearable lag from my keyboard, but only in Lotro. Normal usage and other games are not getting any lag whatsoever. I've been using the same keyboard for months, and have changed absolutely no settings, hardware, software or anything else. This is just a problem that has come up out of the blue. I've tried updating drivers, using different receivers, changing the batteries, and nothing has worked. It's so confusing that it only lags in lotro. I'm playing on a laptop and this is an external keyboard. My laptop's keyboard doesn't get any lag, but I don't really want to use it since I'm using my TV as my monitor.

Has anybody else ever experienced this odd problem? Any ideas on anything I could try?

How many cores does your cpu have??

I have suspected for some time that the devs have been playing with trying to make the game multi core capable; however the best I have seen is one cores worth of cpu time spread out over all the cores, and this change I spotted about a month ago.
    Try setting game affinity (lotro.exe under the Task manager) to use only half the available cores and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    How many cores does your cpu have??

I have suspected for some time that the devs have been playing with trying to make the game multi core capable; however the best I have seen is one cores worth of cpu time spread out over all the cores, and this change I spotted about a month ago.
    Try setting game affinity (lotro.exe under the Task manager) to use only half the available cores and see if that helps.
    Shortly after I made this post, the lag disappeared on its own almost as suddenly as it appeared. I didn't change anything so it's still confusing. Though if it happens again I'll give this suggestion a try.

So ever since update 22.3 this issue has returned. I tried to half the cores as suggested but it didn't seem to help any unfortunately. Am I the only one experiencing this? Again it only happens in LOTRO.

I am now wondering if this has something to do with the x-input issues they were having; and that they tried to fix in this last release. I am guessing the keyboard polling isnt getting through.

If you have the option to change USB polling, it might be worth increasing it; however I must admit I have only seen this for usb mice - not keyboards.