We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where is the captain?

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall seeing any captain changes in any of these builds so far. I know the beorning is taking more work but every other class has had at least a change (be it for better or worse in people’s opinion) but the captain doesn’t look like it’s had anything? Has there been a dev post or anything discussing it’s absence or do that few people play captains it’s not even come up lol.

They only really tackled 6 classes with this update. The rest will come later.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by 19Euan96 View Post
    Please correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall seeing any captain changes in any of these builds so far. I know the beorning is taking more work but every other class has had at least a change (be it for better or worse in people’s opinion) but the captain doesn’t look like it’s had anything?
    You are wrong. Cappys healing have double reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Naranor View Post
    And they get a blindfold (not a cosmetic one).

Seriously, Red Tree Cappy in landscape leveling doesn't cut it. Sure, you can dip into the other trees and improve survivability. However, compared to every other class, it is easily the most difficult to level in these newer areas, by about 3-fold. I've leveled every class through Mordor and NM in red tree. Only Cappy seems to like camping out in the Circle of Shame. Self-heals reflect the morale totals of a Cappy at about level 85. Damage is lower due to the 6% bonus being initiated by critical hits, which go down significantly in Mordor due to the increased defenses on mobs, and the reset of the stats requiring huge increases in critical rating. Attack duration is screwy and it often feels like you are fighting underwater. 3 mobs or more at the same time is like rolling dice.

So, yeah, it needs a lot of work. A LOT of work.
    Last edited by Casmond; Jun 03 2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naranor View Post
    So nothing has changed. Because zero divided by two is still zero

Quote Originally Posted by Casmond View Post
    And they get a blindfold (not a cosmetic one).

Seriously, Red Tree Cappy in landscape leveling doesn't cut it. Sure, you can dip into the other trees and improve survivability. However, compared to every other class, it is easily the most difficult to level in these newer areas, by about 3-fold. I've leveled every class through Mordor and NM in red tree. Only Cappy seems to like camping out in the Circle of Shame. Self-heals reflect the morale totals of a Cappy at about level 85. Damage is lower due to the 6% bonus being initiated by critical hits, which go down significantly in Mordor due to the increased defenses on mobs, and the reset of the stats requiring huge increases in critical rating. Attack duration is screwy and it often feels like you are fighting underwater. 3 mobs or more at the same time is like rolling dice.

So, yeah, it needs a lot of work. A LOT of work.
    Agreed! Cappy is ky main and doing landscape stuff is like pulling teeth. Yes, red cappy is great in a group, but classes need to be viable both grouped AND solo. Buffing herald dps is probably the best way to go.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Out of 3 105 geared toons I took through Mordor and the new area (mins, LM, capt), the captain was quite the man as far as surviving 3-4 mobs on you in melee and killing stuff in pretty much the same speed, even though I was pretty low in critical and finesse. Attack duration is not really a problem if you keep your -15% buff on all the time and use Time of Need as much as possible. Gearing up your critical and finesse is a deal breaker for these areas in any case and for any class.