We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Best Defence

Having trouble with 'The Best Defence' in the city of Earowth. I have killed many mobs and the quest never seems to advance. I still have 'blinding the enemy', 'Sowing Mayhem' and 'Evidence of evil' still listed. I am a hunter so have been using the passage of foes command a lot. Do these enemies need to be killed in a time limit?

What do I have to do to finish this quest?
    Last edited by OrcKiller60; Jun 02 2018 at 03:36 PM.
    Treebeard: I always like going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcKiller60 View Post
    Having trouble with 'The Best Defence' in the city of Earowth. I have killed many mobs and the quest never seems to advance. I still have 'blinding the enemy', 'Sowing Mayhem' and 'Evidence of evil' still listed. I am a hunter so have been using the passage of foes command a lot. Do these enemies need to be killed in a time limit?

What do I have to do to finish this quest?
    I take it you are trying to complete "Espying the Vale" since "The Best Defence" is a meta-quest with four sub-quests.

For Espying the Vale you need to patrol/scout a specific set of locations. If you are just running around killing orcs, you're doing it wrong. The locations you need to patrol/scout should be marked on your main map if you have this quest slotted on your quest tracker.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:Espying_the_Vale
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    I take it you are trying to complete "Espying the Vale" since "The Best Defence" is a meta-quest with four sub-quests.

For Espying the Vale you need to patrol/scout a specific set of locations. If you are just running around killing orcs, you're doing it wrong. The locations you need to patrol/scout should be marked on your main map if you have this quest slotted on your quest tracker.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:Espying_the_Vale
    I completed 'Espying the Vale' without any problem. It is those other three I'm having problems with.

Have you been to Mauztag? ? You kill the mobs there except the mounted foes. Not sure if the quests show done before you turn them in.

You can hover over an enemy until the tooltip pops up. the tool tip will tell you if that enemy counts towards your quest. Not all orcs are created equal.

For the quest Blinding the Enemy you need mounted mobs in particular, if I recall correctly... Other two quests are in Maustazg.

I found the problem, I did not understand the automatic quest bestowal system. Once I selected the quest there, everything was golden.