We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Character related problems (portraits, character panel, emote, etc)

Character Portrait problems

The character portrait of Male Elves has been bugged a long time now, probably since Mordor, and it doesn't look good.

All other genders/races have their character's head nicely placed in the circle like always, but:
    * Male Elves have been made larger and don't seem to be placed correctly, so their forehead gets cut off, and when targeted it looks even worse.
    * The colours are wrong as well, see example picture at the bottom of this post (the first two portraits are of the same character inside the same house, first is before Mordor, second is on Live now)

/laugh emote bug

Please fix the /laugh emote for Male Elves. The fix when they started teleporting when laughing wasn't completed. They don't teleport as far anymore, but they do "jump". It's not a smooth transition between standing still, laughing, and back to standing still. To see what I'm talking about: Place the camera on a female elf so that you can see her whole body, feet included, but focus on her shoulders. Ask her to laugh, and watch the smooth transitioning and how it's done. Then check a male elf (focus on the shoulders). Females move their body smooth and natural, and male elves used to move smooth and natural too, but now there's an unnatural "jump" to the side, and it's jarring

Character Panel

* If you have Old settings, it shows your character as Updated, at least for Male Elves. In all the Outfit Slots too.
    After logging out and back in, the game used the old settings for the Equipment Slot but the other outfit slots still had the Updated look.
    And after logging out and back in again, everything in the Character panel used the Updated looks again, even though the settings were still set to Avatar Update OFF.
    Would be nice if the Avatar Update checkbox would work smoothly on this.

Character placement on screen

* Have the male characters been centered again? Sadly I can't check for myself this time, but Male Elves, Male High Elves, and Male Humans used to be really off center on the screen when playing. I hope it's been fixed now Leaving this in the list of problems since I can't check, sorry

Character placements in Character Select screen

* Male and Female Elves don't stand in the center, they stand quite a bit to the left. All other races seem to stand above the Rotate Character buttons while the elves don't.

Please fix these, it's very frustrating when you only play Male Elves to have them all be bugged and broken in so many ways for so long. This race/gender has had the most bad luck during the whole Avatar Update and most of the problems seem to have hit them Please let it be their turn to shine!

;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

I've posted this a few times before, with no results or feedback, but if we're compiling avatar issues:

If you uncheck the Avatar texture Compositing option, you can get a completely different face texture. For female elves, it looks like it's replaced with a male human texture with green eyes.

The purpose of Avatar texture Compositing is described in the Update 18 Release Notes as: Disabling this option reduces facial details displayed in game and may improve client performance.

But it clearly is referencing the wrong texture, at least in some cases, unless reducing facial details equates to using this generic texture. I don't know how much performance is gained when doing this, but visually, it's man faces on lady elves with a different eye colour. That's not something you want players to see, SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneTripper View Post
    But it clearly is referencing the wrong texture, at least in some cases, unless reducing facial details equates to using this generic texture. I don't know how much performance is gained when doing this, but visually, it's man faces on lady elves with a different eye colour.
    I don't know if this is a bug or on purpose, I would guess it's a bug since the eye colour changes as well, but if it is not a bug and it helps with performance I hope someone from SSG might reply and tell us if it does and how

Some time after Mordor I noticed my elf suddenly had purple eyes one day. After looking through all the settings I found that this setting had unchecked itself. I wonder if different original eye colours give different ones with Avatar texture Compositing off, or if it depends on race and gender which one you get?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

With the 22.2 patch this wrong face now appears in character portraits and character panels and dressing room windows.