We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vastin is here! Where is Friendlyhat?

Why is there no communication from our champ,warden and mini dev Friendlyhat?

In my opinion Vastin is doing a good job on his classes with the limited time and ressources he got.
    He is communicating with the playerbase,he is trying to give reason for his changes and he is listening to the players opinion and experience.

Why is that not happening from Friendlyhat aswell?

Would be great to get an official response....
    Drizzels
    EN Evernight Odyssey Officer and Raid Leader
    Original Challenger of the Abyss
    NA Gladden:Ramble on of Elendilmir

Optimistic view more is friendly had had some RL stuff pop up and has been unable to fulfill work commitments....

Realistic view is they are overwhelmed with task, do not have a good foundation of knowledge of the classes and have retreated from engagement with the community as they are stressed out

Or maybe they are just shy ????
    lil 'obbit of Evernight...

Paradox, Silent Paths, Ascension, Bonehunters, Legion of the Valar

I suggest to visit https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream today and ask SOME() questions about this situation and the upcoming patch overall!

#JusticeForChampions
    #JusticeForMinstrels
    #JusticeForWardens
    #PerfectBalance
    #MyMainIsRK((((
    #liveservers=beta5
    #PostOnlyHighParsesToBeatOther ScreenshotsOnTheForums
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    I suggest to visit https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream today and ask SOME() questions about this situation and the upcoming patch overall!
    Cancelled again this week I see.

#JusticeForChampions
    #JusticeForMinstrels
    #JusticeForWardens
    #PerfectBalance
    #MyMainIsRK((((
    #liveservers=beta5
    #PostOnlyHighParsesToBeatOther ScreenshotsOnTheForums
    Lol yup canceled the most important one....accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Lol yup canceled the most important one....accident?
    I am sure it had nothing to do with BR.
    However , Unfriendly Hat's absence still worries me.

We are getting live next week , and minstrel is in a terrible shape. Champ and wardens still have many problems too.
    No clue what happens in the future and we all know there are not going to be any pleasant last minute surprises , we are getting build #4 on live ; (
    ( Even Vastin didn't have time to add last minute tweeks into live build , check hunter forum )

Sigh...........

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    We are getting live next week , and minstrel is in a terrible shape. Champ and wardens still have many problems too.
    No clue what happens in the future and we all know there are not going to be any pleasant last minute surprises , we are getting build #4 on live ; (
    ( Even Vastin didn't have time to add last minute tweeks into live build , check hunter forum )

Sigh...........
    Let's be honest, this won't LOTRO without a fail, not surprising at all.
    The only thing i cannot understand is why any blue name can't describe to all testers what's going on and why some super important feedback is ignored. Half-made classes on live beta, why?
    This is what really pisses me off.
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

I wasn't at home to watch the stream because its on Fridays now, what was the reason for it being cancelled? Last week it was because Cordovan was watching the movie Solo xd

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    I wasn't at home to watch the stream because its on Fridays now, what was the reason for it being cancelled? Last week it was because Cordovan was watching the movie Solo xd
    Personal reasons this week. Which is fair enough.

Not entirely sure how I feel about missing because going to see the latest offering from the Star Wars oeuvre but that may be because I'm not a fan. (Yeah. I know. Blasphemy to some but I find it trite.)

"He's being a dad" ~Druidsfire

Can't really complain about that Family>Job IMO

That being said, it would be cool if we could get a makeup Cord of the Rings over the weekend/monday.
    Rimenuir | Fadhroreth | Daechamnir | Rimenswords | Beornemgarth | Rimensneak | Rimenoath | Smicho | Rimentank |
    Arkenstone Server, Meneldor native.
    Rimenbuff and Rimenpew : Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    "He's being a dad" ~Druidsfire

Can't really complain about that Family>Job IMO

That being said, it would be cool if we could get a makeup Cord of the Rings over the weekend/monday.
    Would be cool if they could get Vastin on some stream briefly at some point to talk about what they all about at the moment and in future updates class wise.

ok i get it this week, but as for last week damn i wish i had a job that allowed me to leave work on a Friday afternoon to watch a movie

Update:

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    Ok , this is soooo weird...

1) Search only shows one more post from FriendlyHat and it was during the Wastes. Among the things she 'promised' , was an increase to legendary ithilien essence dropping from essence box being increased , and guess what , it never happened -_-
    2) I swear i've seen her at least once or twice in lotro stream but all those streams are no longer available...
    3) Back on HD minstrel revamp thread , DeviledEgg promised the players a couple of things that never happened again , i don't remember what the exact things were cause it's been years since then.Could that be the reason she's ghost dev ? Is she using a smurf account to blow the steam off ? Perhaps a search to 1 button bolster spam lovers will help me track that smurf account down , but it will have to wait for after i am back from work.

How is a dev that doesn't participate in a feedback forum and barely listens to feedback supposed to do the job ?
    Is there no one else , really ?
    What is going on here ?

Why can't we have Vastin do all the classes even if it takes twice the time ?
    Is time schedules so important ? More important than actually getting the job done properly and not spending another 3 years with broken classes ?

Someone might claim that i am on to this too soon , before it hits live , but i know we are getting beta build #4 on live ( live aka beta #5 )...

I am honestly hoping i look at this the wrong way , but i repeat : this is soooo weird... Too weird.

EDIT : Had to fix some of my post because i just found this : https://www.lotro.com/forums/member....90-DEViled_Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Maybe a name change to avoid associating with past betas. In HD LM revamp thread, DeviledEgg promised changes to yellow line after beta build 2... never happened. beta had 4 builds, went live with build 4, changes never came. It's understandable that plans change, but I mean if something was mentioned as coming, at least give players an update that ''sorry it won't be possible for now.'' Communication is appreciated, regardless of message.

Was no communication also in HD threads, feedback threads derailed massively from arguments and frustrations, it was a mess. No surprise feedback gathering became impossible, and leaving feedback became impossible in face of frustrations and vitriol in those old HD threads. It is so helpful when a dev steps in and simply drops a line about what to expect, what changes are not reasonable to expect, simply to keep a reality check.

Communication is so crucial in class updates. When players feel they're not being heard, not seeing any dev replies to their concerns, it leads to less motivation to test, less motivation to leave feedback, and results sadly in less balanced and poorly tested content.
    I hope minstrel feedback is actually being considered, instead of the class becoming left at the whims of individual person who doesn't take into account player feedback.
    Link1:
    'An interview with Erika "FriendlyHat" Ng'

Link2:
    'By: Erika "DEViled_Egg" Ng'

Lol nice catch

Erika, you can't hide anything from LOTRO forum forces, now is the time to come and explain yourself!
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

Update:
    Erika, you can't hide anything from LOTRO forum forces, now is the time to come and explain yourself!
    Yes, it's pretty ridiculous how she's 'handling' or 'handled' the classes and their feedback. Why ask for feedback and waste our time testing if no feedback is going to get implemented in the first place? She wrecked Minstrels by the looks of their thread, did meaningless changes to Champions and hardly did anything to Red Warden other than raising the DoT damage some.

Vastin on the other hand has been fantastic and I would petition that he takes up the Friendlyhat's classes in the next round.

Update:

check ur pm

Quote Originally Posted by Araphorn View Post
    Yes, it's pretty ridiculous how she's 'handling' or 'handled' the classes and their feedback. Why ask for feedback and waste our time testing if no feedback is going to get implemented in the first place? She wrecked Minstrels by the looks of their thread, did meaningless changes to Champions and hardly did anything to Red Warden other than raising the DoT damage some.

Vastin on the other hand has been fantastic and I would petition that he takes up the Friendlyhat's classes in the next round.
    Update is going live tomorrow, patch notes are up.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes
    Last edited by Hejazia.Arkenstone; Jun 03 2018 at 12:24 PM.

I was out camping with my son. A bit of time off, now largely ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Personal reasons this week. Which is fair enough.

Not entirely sure how I feel about missing because going to see the latest offering from the Star Wars oeuvre but that may be because I'm not a fan. (Yeah. I know. Blasphemy to some but I find it trite.)
    To be fair, it was an opportunity to see the movie for free.

In regard to the thread: Some developers are more interactive on the forums than others; posting here is not a requirement for them. Many like the communication here, but others for various reasons tend to post less frequently. Without regard to posting frequency, I can say that FriendlyHat has read your feedback, and taken it into consideration, even if there was less back-and-forth on it.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I was out camping with my son. A bit of time off, now largely ended.

To be fair, it was an opportunity to see the movie for free.

In regard to the thread: Some developers are more interactive on the forums than others; posting here is not a requirement for them. Many like the communication here, but others for various reasons tend to post less frequently. Without regard to posting frequency, I can say that FriendlyHat has read your feedback, and taken it into consideration, even if there was less back-and-forth on it.
    Hope you had fun bro, and tell friendlyhat dont be shy we dont bite except when your shy

Without regard to posting frequency, I can say that FriendlyHat has read your feedback, and taken it into consideration, even if there was less back-and-forth on it.
    There was zero engagement over the past four weeks regarding class changes to minstrels.

Zero.

If a developer isn't comfortable engaging with players, I can totally respect that. However, it seems like that would be an excellent opportunity for a community manager to step in and help share some thoughts. But SSG hasn't provided that for minstrels, either.

I'm really disappointed by this whole process.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    There was zero engagement over the past four weeks regarding class changes to minstrels.

Zero.

If a developer isn't comfortable engaging with players, I can totally respect that. However, it seems like that would be an excellent opportunity for a community manager to step in and help share some thoughts. But SSG hasn't provided that for minstrels, either.

Rip game its all going live https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes

I glad she finally knows there's no doomfold tier shield recipes. Now who do I contact to get them put into the game along with crossbow recipes?

Dev Diaries to Dev Interviews to a quick chat at the water fountain or an "ah ha" at a miss heard question?

How about, assuming there is some discussion within the team that we get the odd bit from a less shy member.

Comparing the individual class notes Vastin's have many additions to the original BR#1 notes yet FH's are just rewritten with a few extras. More bug fixes to BR#1 than the process of developing the class.

I blame the likes of MoL, Dr.O, Vastin and now Scenario for shaming the rest of them into silence with their knowledge of the game and showing off in the forums.

Well maybe not, just the arbitrary assignment of time, "end of the month guys" from their boss. From our perspective Vastin busted a gut and explained intentions while FH made arbitrary changes and then fixed bugs and a game breaker. The last set of changes ofc not going to BR as usual.

What I can't fathom from the notes is why Bolster Our Courage doesn't get a mention.

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Has FriendlyHat also been reading the champion thread? It feels like champions were basically not part of this class balance update. The lack of communication from the developer in charge of the class just makes it worse. Yellow line champions got buffed, even though they did not need any buffs whatsoever. Meanwhile, red line is miles behind every other single target spec. Blue got some decent changes I suppose, but most champions would be more interested in the DPS lines, I believe.

Was anything changed between the previous beta build, and what is going to go live?

Zero.

It ought to be like this
    "We have nobody able to do this so the activity gets postponed until such a time we have somebody available to do it."

I can say that FriendlyHat has read your feedback, and taken it into consideration, even if there was less back-and-forth on it.
    The entire evidence points in another direction.

30 days without communication. Dozens of pages of forum feedback ignored. Not a single thing tested or implemented.

Zero.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. And I'd extend the lack of communication and engagement to changes for Champs and Wardens too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast