We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Smaug's Bones are Great!

The new "Smaug's Bones" Enormous Yard housing item looks great; you can get it in Gorgoroth Lootboxes or for 4k ash from the Keeper of Mysteries. I love the crows flying around it picking at the bones although they seem a little glitchy; sometimes a crow will warp a few feet to the side of where it is then warp back after a second or two.

If anyone wants to see it, I placed one at 1 Bay Road, Anorist, Belfalas Homesteads. Nearby houses are open so you can warp to one of those from a Housing Broker!

any chance you could post a screenshot?
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

I would but I crashed in the E&G Craft Hall and now I can't log in again! Maybe someone else could take one?

Okay four login attempts later it finally worked. Here are some screenshots:

Thank You
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

I always be interested with new housing items...but in this case...i still stay with my ToO-Modell, which is in my opinion still the greatest housing item ingame. Maybe the bones looks more interessting live ;P

This looks silly, in my opinion. How on earth would you bring the complete skeleton hundreds of miles over mountains and through forests?? A better solution would be to have one or two bones mounted on your wall or outside in your yard. Not just the entire thing. Would feel more real, as those bones would most probably be scattered among many a scavenge hunter, not just one. This looks silly. And there is also just meant to be ONE Smaug, not dozens, scattered around as you walk around in the neighbourhoods.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

This is exactly the kind of cosmetic fluff that belongs in Gorgoroth lootbox or 4k ash barter. Looks intense, attractive for its rarity, and makes a good bragging piece. Pure cosmetic content.

Please more unique cosmetics/decorations like this in lootboxes, and leave raid rewards alone.

The way I understood it is it's not actual Smaug, but like a replica sculpture of his bones. I like it a lot, and will need more enormous yard space to go along with already installed Orthanc model... I see what you did there SSG, making us get more housing space

But also +1 to Brethwyn's suggestion to make additional indoor trophy of Smaug's smaller bone/fragment or something. He's so iconic that it'd be nice to hav more placing options to commemorate him. One of his scales mounted on a plaque? It could shimmer in the dark to look very unique.

Eek, it's ugly, but it's also pretty impressive. Think I'd much rather have a miniature statue version of Smaug with some flesh on his bones. I like fluff. More fluff in lootboxes please, especially now that I don't have to worry any more about opening them.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    This is exactly the kind of cosmetic fluff that belongs in Gorgoroth lootbox or 4k ash barter. Looks intense, attractive for its rarity, and makes a good bragging piece. Pure cosmetic content.

Please more unique cosmetics/decorations like this in lootboxes, and leave raid rewards alone.

The way I understood it is it's not actual Smaug, but like a replica sculpture of his bones. I like it a lot, and will need more enormous yard space to go along with already installed Orthanc model... I see what you did there SSG, making us get more housing space

But also +1 to Brethwyn's suggestion to make additional indoor trophy of Smaug's smaller bone/fragment or something. He's so iconic that it'd be nice to hav more placing options to commemorate him. One of his scales mounted on a plaque? It could shimmer in the dark to look very unique.
    Okay, if it's a replica (as most of these lore-related things are) then I'm fine with it. Still looks slightly silly, but I'm fine with it I love the scale suggestion. Smaug's scales were legendary, and would be really nice to have one hanging on the wall. Big /clap for that suggestion. You could have it as a quest reward for exploring inside one hidden cave or something, maybe inside a treasure box, because those scales would probably have been taken by some brigands and/or other people who wanted to make a fortune off of them, so they'd have to be kinda rare.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

Looks cool!

I'll /sign the scale; I'd love that.

Thanks kindly for creating the thread.

Magnificent. Tis worth every piece of Ash. Fits with Thorin's Armour Heavy set.

There are several screenshots I wish to share, It made my afternoon indeed.

Thank you Standing Stone Games. The Hedgehog Burrow is included as well.

Vanyalanthiriel Vanimelda ~ The Radiant Star Queen of Calacyira ~The Flame Imperishable Greatest of all time for Ages&Arda beyond.
    The Ascended Mastery.Beyond comprehension Tier level of Greatness ~ Super Genius. Read my Biography.

The video, Bones of Smaug Part I ~

Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Jun 14 2018 at 07:54 AM.
    Vanyalanthiriel Vanimelda ~ The Radiant Star Queen of Calacyira ~The Flame Imperishable Greatest of all time for Ages&Arda beyond.
    The Ascended Mastery.Beyond comprehension Tier level of Greatness ~ Super Genius. Read my Biography.

The Bones of Smaug Part II ~