We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Steeds of the Tireless mount selection box

This mount selection box was originally added in response to player requests for hard or impossible to obtain mounts, however it is clear from the variety of responses that we were off of the mark. Thanks for all the feedback. We will remove this mount-selection box from the prize list and head back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    This mount selection box was originally added in response to player requests for hard or impossible to obtain mounts, however it is clear from the variety of responses that we were off of the mark. Thanks for all the feedback. We will remove this mount-selection box from the prize list and head back to the drawing board.
    Thank you. Make sure you remove it from both the Vendor and the Lootbox.

Keep the horses, who gives a rats ###, its fricking horses, and the game is 11 years old. I earned them through Instancing/Raids myself, but who cares, theres much more to complain about, than a box of fricking horses.

Thank you for listening.

You could keep the box, just take out the raid horses and put different mounts in instead. Ones that are no longer actually earnable in game but only purchaseable for example. There's a lot of those; old festival mounts, store mounts, old event mounts etc.
    Earbold (Laurelin [EN-RP])
    Member of the Bandits raid alliance
    Original Challenger of Gothmog and the Abyss

Thank you. Seasonal steeds that u can only try to get once a year was a better idea.

Now let's go back to class balance feedback. I'll wait for next round of classes tho, cuz i dont care about any of the ones you got on this batch.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessSmurf View Post
    Keep the horses, who gives a rats ###, its fricking horses, and the game is 11 years old. I earned them through Instancing/Raids myself, but who cares, theres much more to complain about, than a box of fricking horses.
    Obviously A LOT of people cares, as you could see.

Thank you for listening to the community.

I'd also support a different kind of box with old mounts which could only be acquired through giveaways or with coupon codes back then. Or maybe some mithril-only festival mounts. The Hobby Horse for example was a good idea to start with.

I think a good idea would be replacing the instance steeds with the steeds from previous festivals that are currently only accessible with Mithril Coins.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

The Hobby Horse, Ale Association Horse, Faltharan's Steed are still all good options for that mount box. The idea is good, just the selection was bad.

At least it is free of the inherent RNG drop from lootboxes that the Pick-a-Mount box has.

Beta 4 closed after just one day?
    Will there be another round or will this mess called class balance be released next week as Cordovan proposed:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We will see how things go this week, but it's likely to be early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenifh View Post
    Obviously A LOT of people cares, as you could see.
    Its really not a big deal, complaining about 6+ year old mounts lol. People are acting like its THEIR game, and how dare SSG do them dirty by putting old Meta Deed mounts into a box that some newby might get lucky on.

BR is still down for me, so cannot enter to test anything. It was down on the last round for me too.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    BR is still down for me, so cannot enter to test anything. It was down on the last round for me too.
    It got shut down earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Yeah it got closed earlier this evening, not sure why they are doing such short BR tests lately and on random days. Seems you'll have to wait for the next build (or live, if there's no more BR rounds planned).
    Earbold (Laurelin [EN-RP])
    Member of the Bandits raid alliance
    Original Challenger of Gothmog and the Abyss

Oh well, that explains it then, thanks guys. Shame I missed it, I wanted to check out the new instances (if they were available) and see what they are all about. Seems strange indeed to have testing in these short bursts - they must be hunters
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

If I may suggest, make them a barter with a deed completion of t1 or t2 (like the steed of many colors can be added to the Isengard vendor for those barter items the way the Isengard steed is). Same for Moria and Lothlorien. Falathorns steed can be on Skirm camp with a completion of Pele 6 man as a requirement and ect. The only one I can not see a barter item for is the Dale Lands steed and with that, use Hytbold Tokens as the barter item. Than people have to at least RUN CONTENT to get them.

Just my oppinion
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    If I may suggest, make them a barter with a deed completion of t1 or t2 (like the steed of many colors can be added to the Isengard vendor for those barter items the way the Isengard steed is). Same for Moria and Lothlorien. Falathorns steed can be on Skirm camp with a completion of Pele 6 man as a requirement and ect. The only one I can not see a barter item for is the Dale Lands steed and with that, use Hytbold Tokens as the barter item. Than people have to at least RUN CONTENT to get them.

Just my oppinion
    No. You get awarded them when you complete deed. No reason for barter. Run alts if you want alts to get them.

Yes, devs just did a class balance where they fixed nothing and ruined everthing else they touched. Lets all discuss Mounts and the morality of how to acquire them. This will help greatly.

Warden is still trash as tank, the changes are only relevant if made part of a larger change for tanking. The warden page has a lot on this and what is needed. Please actually read and make the needed changes. Push warden changes into beorning change, fixing this many classes right now is obviously too much.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessSmurf View Post
    Its really not a big deal, complaining about 6+ year old mounts lol. People are acting like its THEIR game, and how dare SSG do them dirty by putting old Meta Deed mounts into a box that some newby might get lucky on.
    Dismissing other people's opinion? Of course it is their/our game, we play it, we log every day to see what's new or continue with the storyline/deeds, to raid or just to jump on the bree fence. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to disagree with others. Just because u dont think it's relevant to keep them raid exclusive doesnt meant everyone thinks the same.

Majority of players outraged at just the idea of this box being presented to us and I'm glad they reconsidered and took it out of the game.

Lightbulb

I am not aware of any impossible to obtain mounts, other than mounts that were obtained through an exclusive pack long ago. All meta-deed mounts are obtainable. The challenge is what makes the steed so valuable.
    BUUUUT....
    the idea of having a new steed box is good, just the steeds that you picked are bad. How about putting some festival steeds that are not obtainable through the Pick a Mount Box? There are many of them. Just make sure we get the option to get the warsteed cosmetics along with the equivalent regular steed.

Yes, devs just did a class balance where they fixed nothing and ruined everthing else they touched. Lets all discuss Mounts and the morality of how to acquire them. This will help greatly.

Warden is still trash as tank, the changes are only relevant if made part of a larger change for tanking. The warden page has a lot on this and what is needed. Please actually read and make the needed changes. Push warden changes into beorning change, fixing this many classes right now is obviously too much.

Quote Originally Posted by xcentralx View Post

Why don't you start your own thread and make your complaints there instead of trying to tell what other people should and shouldn't talk about? Guess what? You don't have that power.
    Why aren't you complaining that we only had 1 day to test the new changes and many players, myself included, weren't able to test the changes yesterday due to other compromises in that day? You only make yourself look bad and less credible acting with such arrogance. Disrespecting other people's opinion and priorities will not make them respect your opinion and I am sure many devs won't take you very seriously if all you can do is demean other players and say the changes are trash without actually bringing any solid arguments backing up your statements.
    Tip: Take your problems here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdi...Feedback-Forum

Thank you for Listening!
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Could a Dev please confirm if bullroarer is down for good? I managed to block off a part of my day for testing but was surprised to see the server down so soon.

Thank you, this is much appreciated. I don't mind the boxes for things like hard to acquire festival steeds/Bounder's Bounty/anything no longer in the game, but I'm very glad you've revised your ideas on the inclusion of raid mounts.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast