We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    Adding one more count of voice:

Burglar
    • Trait "Double Down" now accurately advertises that Provoke and Diversion have a chance to provide a Daze. Previously, it advertised a chance to apply a Gamble.
    Whoever did this should really make sure they have an understanding of the skills and traits in question BEFORE they change the tooltips.

The existing descriptions are CORRECT.

PROVOKE applies a DISABLING GAMBLE (which, yes, is functionally a daze), of varying duration based on the die roll. This is correct. Do not change the description.

DIVERSION applies a DEBUFFING GAMBLE, as with all gambles, being of varying magnitude based on the die roll. The T6 is very strong and can be very useful at the beginning of fights. This is correct. Do not change the description.

And perhaps familiarise yourself with your own game before changing description texts?
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

I think this needs another BR pass before going live. Just my opinion.

As for raid steeds in lootboxes, I get the uproar from some. That said, I have all but two of the steeds, and it really won't bother me. I'll still keep going for the raid meta titles and the old fashioned route to earn the steeds.

I suppose you could look at this two ways. There may be an increase in lootbox activity because players will be opening them in the hopes of obtaining one of the rare steeds, but on the other hand, those that are still working on earning them through content - WILL avoid opening boxes because they won't want to accidentally win one.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

It's slightly concerning that several of those arguing for the raid steeds to stay in the loot boxes have very few posts on the forums - I doubt SSG would descend to the level of making new accounts just to disagree with player feedback and make it look like the verdict isn't pretty unanimous (as this clearly is - look at the amount of posts in 24 hours against it) - however, there is something odd about this.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    It's slightly concerning that several of those arguing for the raid steeds to stay in the loot boxes have very few posts on the forums - I doubt SSG would descend to the level of making new accounts just to disagree with player feedback and make it look like the verdict isn't pretty unanimous (as this clearly is - look at the amount of posts in 24 hours against it) - however, there is something odd about this.
    It doesn't have to be SSG employee ^^

This raid steed lootbox move is a troll heaven , and i've already counted at least 1 gauranteed troll poster.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    So now SSG supports P2W in order to get instance/raid meta deed horses.

I have yet to see this level of bull#### from this dev.
    If you continue to support this game (either by logging in/F2P or VIP) you can't act surprised when they pull stuff like this. It was pretty clear any integrity remaining was thrown out the window when the loot-boxes were introduced in Mordor.

Enjoy.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    So now SSG supports P2W in order to get instance/raid meta deed horses.
    Quote Originally Posted by B749 View Post
    I have no words. Raid/instance horses don't belong in lootboxes or on store-driven currency vendors. Just no. They are supposed to be a reward for achieving victory over iconic foes in Middle-earth, not for opening a box with a store key and getting lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    omg! No no no no no! Get out of here! Shoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    Please tell me this is some cruel joke. No way they're actually doing this.
    Then players should go zerg it to get the steeds. Not use store/farm mordor to get some item from angmar/isengard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Just remove this box from the vendor. Dont need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SjsharksBoy View Post
    Yeah, this is a little too far... SSG should just add in the old Pick-a-mount box and update it to include recent festival mounts, instead of adding instance mounts.
    *ROFL*
    I really laugh myself dead.
    OMG what took so long? Did you finally understand?

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
    Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
    Everybody knows the war is over
    Everybody knows the good guys lost
    Everybody knows the fight was fixed
    The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
    That's how it goes
    Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
    Everybody knows that the captain lied
    Everybody got this broken feeling
    Like their father or their dog just died
    Everybody talking to their pockets
    Everybody wants a box of chocolates
    And a long-stem rose

Everybody knows, everybody knows
    That's how it goes
    Everybody knows

Deed Horses P2W:

It's hardy a surprise. I imagine that these horses are in the Mount Collections panel (or will be) and have to be available to those who feel the need to get every mount and pet in game. I never bought into the Baseball card or Soccer World Cup card collection mentality. To work there must be the hope that you can get everything listed or there's less of a reason to continue, and spend money...

Check out FriendlyHat's LinkedIn: "Collaborated with Art team and Engineering to implement the Cosmetic Pet Collection UI to drive engagement and in-game purchases"

Collections panels were developed to drive store sales. Ofc the SSG system is crueller because you can't swap with a friend, just "buy" more from SSG. Break the seal on the packet to see what card you get or buy a key to open a box there's no telling what might be inside and no idea the chance of getting a Messi or Babe Ruth or Lump of Coal.

The Morons who buy into these things keep the game going.

What SSG just can't fathom is the notion that many of us find this a total anathema. E.g. I had gotten Gurvand's Head in Dark Delvings when every group stood in doorways to kill Moria Instance Bosses. After the long awaited fix and we could do DD properly and I got another head, I went to my house took down the ill-gotten head, discarded it and hung up the new one. Matters little to anyone else but matters to me!

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Well, let's hope that they at least address the REALLY important stuff, like which mounts are available from a lootbox. No need to worry about small details, such as once again making sweeping, in cases ill-considered, changes to classes and then not having the time to properly test or fix all the problems created but going ahead and implementing the changes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Well, let's hope that they at least address the REALLY important stuff, like which mounts are available from a lootbox. No need to worry about small details, such as once again making sweeping, in cases ill-considered, changes to classes and then not having the time to properly test or fix all the problems created but going ahead and implementing the changes anyway.
    It's ironic that you're going to accuse them of not testing here.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Biter View Post
    You only get a single buff, no wonder how many targets around you. So it's only +5%, which with new blue line buff, means you can maintain 60% almost all the time. Not sure if to be happy or not about this change, as it still doesn't address warden survivability in boss fights.

Screenshot:

https://ibb.co/iqvfHd
    actually, its permanent 65% mits. which is completely fine for wardens with their new +20% morale buff.
    The only thing warden tanks lack now is panic-skills, those big cooldowns every other tank has, which greatly decrease incoming damage in one way or the other for 10-15s with 2min CD. If they get one or two of those and increased buffduration of all those gambitbuffs to at least 30s (better 35 or 40), blue wardens would be fine.
    Its still bad design to put a needed mitbuff to a forcetaunt as it forces forcetauntspam, and especially forces the use of forcetaunt at start of combat, while it would be much better 5-10s into combat... but whatever...
    65% mits permanently as a tank is okay with +20% morale. Thats comparable to guardians without increased morale but 72% mits.

to general patchnotes:

Burglar change is wrong, as already mentioned.

Nice, that Enfeeble now buffs AC as it should, but AC values are still positively bugged, if both trait and legacy get used. That should be fixed.
    Last edited by Oelle; May 31 2018 at 10:15 AM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    Check out FriendlyHat's LinkedIn: "Collaborated with Art team and Engineering to implement the Cosmetic Pet Collection UI to drive engagement and in-game purchases"

Mac
    Can we get a source on this?

Edit: Never mind, I googled that stuff in quotes and found it.

BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU FOUND IT. Stalker perhaps? xD
    Last edited by Hejazia.Arkenstone; May 31 2018 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    No it's not. SSG is actually paid to test the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiasKirk View Post
    No it's not. SSG is actually paid to test the game.
    It's too early in the day for you to start this spiel again. Come back in 8 hours.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret

I don't need tokens, give me the Ash back!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCeltics View Post
    Tactical HPS/DPS relics will be force unslotted with this update - you will be granted Relic Exchange Tokens allowing you to change the type of relic you want before reslotting them in your weapons. Relic exchange tokens can be turned in at:
    I have no use of this tokens! I simple do not need any of them (i got 13 tokens on BR)!
    Just give me my (money -->) Ash back!

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    What's "ironic" is that you seem to assume that it is the responsibility of players to properly test it. There no doubt exists a group of players willing to take that on, however, even they are hamstrung by the limited opportunities to test and limitations with the feedback cycle. Even then, there does not appear to be adequate time and resources to address all of the issues raised by the player-testers. However, it is my position that it is not the customers who are responsible for properly testing the changes, ultimately that is the responsibility of the company selling the game. So I don't see any irony involved in expressing my concerns regarding testing even though I've not volunteered to do the testing myself. My refusal is also based on the fact that I disagree fundamentally with the nature of changes to the hunter class in particular, and nothing has been done to change my view on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    It's too early in the day for you to start this spiel again. Come back in 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    What time is it here in a multinational forum with participants from many time zones?
    Clearly you don't get the basics

Raid Mounts

I have no problem at all with adding the raid mounts to lootboxes. These mounts are from level 65, 75, and 85 cap - who cares at this point (of course, from the uproar on the forums the answer is clearly quite a lot of people)? I just don't understand the uproar - to me this is like people getting upset about the Putrid Slime of Helchgam being available from skirm camps.

The bigger issue, to me, is why we don't have an exclusive deed mount for Throne or Abyss?
    Duruleth - 115 RK, Durindor - 115 Grd, Durabow - 115 Hunter, Durselm - 115 LM, Henckel - 115 Champ, Durbear - 115 Beorning, Dursong - 115 Mins, Durscap - 105 Cpt

Tactical Scaling

I assume that SSG plans to address RK in a later pass, but I have to mention that we really need some sort of tactical update before this update goes live or RKs are going to be non-viable other than for debuffs.
    Duruleth - 115 RK, Durindor - 115 Grd, Durabow - 115 Hunter, Durselm - 115 LM, Henckel - 115 Champ, Durbear - 115 Beorning, Dursong - 115 Mins, Durscap - 105 Cpt

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    actually, its permanent 65% mits. which is completely fine for wardens with their new +20% morale buff.
    The only thing warden tanks lack now is panic-skills, those big cooldowns every other tank has, which greatly decrease incoming damage in one way or the other for 10-15s with 2min CD. If they get one or two of those and increased buffduration of all those gambitbuffs to at least 30s (better 35 or 40), blue wardens would be fine.
    Its still bad design to put a needed mitbuff to a forcetaunt as it forces forcetauntspam, and especially forces the use of forcetaunt at start of combat, while it would be much better 5-10s into combat... but whatever...
    65% mits permanently as a tank is okay with +20% morale. Thats comparable to guardians without increased morale but 72% mits.

to general patchnotes:

Burglar change is wrong, as already mentioned.

Nice, that Enfeeble now buffs AC as it should, but AC values are still positively bugged, if both trait and legacy get used. That should be fixed.

It's not permanent.

Before you start pull you can use Dance of War and u get 58% mits.

So you will get your first hits through 58% , not 65%, because your dps classes should deal some damage for you to use agro not to loose it.
    Only after you use Defiant Challenge you will get 63%, then u should use 2 gambits to get 2% additional mits.

Nice screenshot, but try to tank smth like Ruined City 115 t2c or Silents Street/ DoS t2c 115 , not 105 seregost.

I am agree with you that warden need long cooldown panic skill, smth like ( Guardian's Pledge or Juggernaut ), that can give warden a chance to survive.

If DEVs want to make warden tank without any survival skills they should better forget about warden tank. What is the reason for me to pick warden if i can take guardian to tank raid or smth else? Guardian got 3 panic skills , warden got 0!
    Omg, even beorn have much better survival potential than warden right now...
    Change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Biter View Post
    Call me crazy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that tanking lvl 105 Seregost on a 115 warden says nothing about tanking 115 instances seeing as how you can solo that instance while in redline and with DPS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mmdur1 View Post
    I assume that SSG plans to address RK in a later pass, but I have to mention that we really need some sort of tactical update before this update goes live or RKs are going to be non-viable other than for debuffs.
    True.

If latest patch goes live, RK is dead in raid.
    If you remove the runes, we need tactical damage upgrade of our legendaries items.

Quote Originally Posted by Axillo View Post
    It's not permanent.

So you will get your first hits through 58% , not 65%, because your dps classes should deal some damage for you to use agro not to loose it.
    Only after you use Defiant Challenge you will get 63%, then u should use 2 gambits to get 2% additional mits.

If DEVs want to make warden tank without any survival skills they should better forget about warden tank. What is the reason for me to pick warden if i can take guardian to tank raid or smth else? Guardian got 3 panic skills , warden got 0!
    If you dont call wardens 65% mits permanent, then neither are Guardians 72% mits. They start fights with 60% or maybe 62% with WH, and then stack fortifications to reach their mit bonus. And Cappies need to use two skills infight to have their 15% inc dmg reduction up.
    But as soon as they get there, they can have it up 100% of the fight. And thats the same for all those three tanks.

Yup. Thats why I wrote, that wardens are fine, IF they get one or two nice cooldowns. with 65% mits and +20% morale, they are fine compared to guards and cappy for usual stuff, but not when CDs are needed. Thats the only thing they still lack, which should be added.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Axillo View Post
    It's not permanent.

Nice screenshot, but try to tank smth like Ruined City 115 t2c or Silents Street/ DoS t2c 115 , not 105 seregost.

I am agree with you that warden need long cooldown panic skill, smth like ( Guardian's Pledge or Juggernaut ), that can give warden a chance to survive.

Wardens have 1 panic skill in Never Surrender, although it's more of a passive panic skill.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Giving warden DC back 5 targets to pull defiance from would help a lot. Iteration of +5% mitigation + 4 targets of 1% mit each. + increase morale leech by 20%. Big survivability boost to tanking adds without it being broken. Which DC is utterly in live. But there should absolutely be no cooldowns like guardian has. That's just copying another class and does not suit warden at all.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast