We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Change ceiling?

Change ceiling?

I have a deluxe house in Bree and I can see where you can change the floor and wall surfaces. But I do not see a way to change the ceiling surface. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
    Treebeard: I always like going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcKiller60 View Post
    I have a deluxe house in Bree and I can see where you can change the floor and wall surfaces. But I do not see a way to change the ceiling surface. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
    Unfortunately, no, and it gets worse when you buy a premium house in Belfalas and the ceiling is bright blue with dumb kiddy stars. We should absolutely get a ceiling texture slot.

it would be a good idea but, to be honest, it took a long time before I realized there were hooks up there for chandeliers!
    I still have most of them empty because they're so out-of-sight.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post
    Unfortunately, no, and it gets worse when you buy a premium house in Belfalas and the ceiling is bright blue with dumb kiddy stars. We should absolutely get a ceiling texture slot.
    Actually that is why I was asking the question. It's crazy that you pay that much for a house and then have to put up with those stars!
    Treebeard: I always like going South, somehow it feels like going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by tuor66 View Post
    it would be a good idea but, to be honest, it took a long time before I realized there were hooks up there for chandeliers!
    I still have most of them empty because they're so out-of-sight.
    Now you can lower or raise the chandeliers to where you wish to put them & make them more visible. Also there are new bigger chandeliers at the aniversary, North Mirkwood & store.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by OrcKiller60 View Post
    Actually that is why I was asking the question. It's crazy that you pay that much for a house and then have to put up with those stars!
    Some of us love the stars but i agree that will be neat to be able to customize the ceiling texture on all houses as well. If we do that, should be in a different slot than the floor tiles & wallpaper. Some of us don't wish to get the default ceiling texture be override by the walls or tiles.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Yet I would like to have a means to change the ceiling color, too. Even if this requires a second 'wall' color and texture. The Thieves hideout is meant to be all dark, as it is supposed to be Ali Baba's Fourty Hunter's cave, but the light ceiling just ruins the effect.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Would love this. Also would love a paint slot for the outside walls of the building, and maybe even the roof shingles. I know, I'm asking for too much.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGreen View Post
    Would love this. Also would love a paint slot for the outside walls of the building, and maybe even the roof shingles. I know, I'm asking for too much.
    I'd love that, too. I'd even go as far as asking for the ability to change the exterior build/style/architecture of the house. It's not like the interiors match the existing exteriors as it is, anyway. Not sure how possible that'd be, but it'd mean you could, say, park a hobbit hole in the Bree 'steads, or turn your Shire hobbit house into an Enedwaith-style one. Stuff like that. I could go on, but that might be derailing the thread. I'd like my Thorin's Gate kinhouse's exterior to match its dark, Mordor-y interior.