We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cooking for Level 115

Today I decided to tackle the task of getting my Yeoman up to Supreme Doomfold Cook, and doing so without producing any throw-aways just for the sake of XP gain. When I looked at what has to be done as preparation, it started to get very confusing, because all the non-vendor ingredients come from many different crafting levels, both for the Farmer and the Cook. So I made myself a little cheat sheet on paper, and after I was done, made a little diagram. In this diagram, it shows which profession must produce what, and what it is used for. I started with about 30 fields of Spring Barley, 15 fields of North Down Hops, 15 fields of Winter Barley, and about 400 Ithillien Crops (yay for not having to go through Ithillen fields for those...). Together with the obligatory vendor ingredients, it took me about three hours and about 7g to complete the Doomfold crafting levels for both farmer and cook. Not listed in the cheat sheet are the vendor items, but most of all you need chicken eggs, water, and massive amounts of Anorien Spice. I did cheat a little and bougt one crafting XP scroll when I started on the Doomfold cooking, but only to get to the second tier more quickly, as to profit from crits. The ingredients were enough to reach maximum proficiency without it.

So, enjoy and let me know if anything is unclear! :-)

in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

I am truly annoyed that is Barley Bread instead of Loaf of Barley Bread. One is a rep gated (friend of Bree), while the other is not, guess which one they picked? My cook has never left the Shire ffs.

I stumbled over that too. I decided to train my retired warden as a yeoman at level 65, so I was not aware of the rep gated cooking recipe at the time she was in Bree. Baked a whole batch of loaves before I noticed that something was wrong, and had to dig up the info on Barley Bread on the lotro wiki.
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

Quote Originally Posted by whitering View Post
    I am truly annoyed that is Barley Bread instead of Loaf of Barley Bread. One is a rep gated (friend of Bree), while the other is not, guess which one they picked? My cook has never left the Shire ffs.
    I hear ya. If your Shire-dwelling cook is at least level 20, you can feed it Bree rep tokens and gain the needed rep to barter for recipe.

My farmer/cook alt went full doomfold mastery doing that boar trail food. Needs 1 each of doomfold farmed stuff (veggies and herbs) plus a few cheap vendor bits.

Correction: cooked food not trail. Roasted boar with aromatic vegetables
    Last edited by scorrp10; Jun 27 2018 at 04:07 PM.

In terms of end game food, are they all available on AH regularly? Or are they super rare? I'm not sure whether to level cook or not (I don't do alts) but I also don't want to miss out on stats.