We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Best Class for No Questing?

Hey all, weird question : What is the best class for no questing?

What this means is i hate doing all the side quests and stuff, what would be the best class for leveling via grinding and only doing the BARE MINIMUM of quests?

If you are not going to quest, what exactly do you want to do? End game raid? Play music?

Pick the class you like the best. You are going to have to learn to play the class though. It doesn't matter which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    If you are not going to quest, what exactly do you want to do? End game raid? Play music?

Pick the class you like the best. You are going to have to learn to play the class though. It doesn't matter which one.
    I appreciate the reply but, as i stated, i will do quests just not boring side quests (i like main quest entertainment for the story). I'm sorry you didn't understand that or i was unclear. If you don't have a suggested class, i'd ask that you don't reply. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stryks View Post
    Hey all, weird question : What is the best class for no questing?

What this means is i hate doing all the side quests and stuff, what would be the best class for leveling via grinding and only doing the BARE MINIMUM of quests?
    If you want fast, easy lvling, then a DPS class will be your best bet. Minstrel's have pretty good dps in Red line and can heal themselves. Hunters are good ranged dps, plus they have handy port skills that can move them quickly around the World. Champions are ok with DPS and are a heavy-armor wearing class, so if you like a melee class, this would be a good bet. Loremasters are good, a little slow until around lvl 30, but then you get some good dps pets (Bog Lurker for ranged dps, and Lynx (my fave) for insane single target dps). LM's pets are pretty OP right now, so it's not that difficult of a class to play. It is a cloth armor class however, so you can't pull a bunch of mobs and expect to survive. Some people really like Burgs for their sneaking ability. You can sneak through an enemy camp, get your quest item/npc and sneak back out.

Also, if you don't want to do side quests, you are going to need to invest some time in crafting and festivals to gain enough XP to keep yourself on lvl for the Epic line. Hope you do check out some of the side quests, though; some of the side quest storylines are just as good as the Main one, imo.

Hope this was some good ideas for you; welcome to Lotro!

What do you intend to do about your virtues? Buy them?
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

I appreciate the reply but, as i stated, i will do quests just not boring side quests (i like main quest entertainment for the story). I'm sorry you didn't understand that or i was unclear. If you don't have a suggested class, i'd ask that you don't reply. Thank you!
    Perhaps they were asking your end-game goals to help them decide what sort of play style you would need / want and then offer their input. I highly doubt they will now though to be honest.

There are enough quests in the game that you should be able to follow the Epic Storyline pretty much on level even without doing all of the optional side quests. You'll still have to do Skirmishes or other in-between choices in case you fall behind though. So I would just pick a class that is versatile if this is the way you intend to play the game. Go with a Captain or perhaps a Rune Keeper. You would have options to heal, dps, and in the case of the Captain even tank in some instances. A "Jack Of All Trades" if you will. The Warden would be a good pick as well with their superior ability to solo content.

If you're looking to level through grinding as opposed to questing then that usually means speed (or DPS in this case). You could also go this route and choose a high DPS class like Champion or Hunter so that you can just smash through content quickly.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

Since you mention that you like the main epic quest line for the story, I'd like to point out that there are some very compelling stories in the 'side quests'. The Grey Company story line comes to mind, and the Wildermore stories.

In any case, good journey to you!