We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaijian View Post
    I have already posted in the champions betaforum about it, but will repeat it here for a (hopefully) bigger audience and because it is directly related to (and inspired by) Joedangods good work here.

As can be seen in the beta class forums it seems that while playing purely solo the DPS of most DPS classes is not that far awy from each other. Latest I have seen (Beta 3) were posts of about 55-60k for hunters, 50k for champions, 40k for runekeepers, burglars and wardens I am not totally aware of, but they seem to be in the same range as hunters I think.
    Taking the above mentioned DPS values as a starting point we see that a hunter is doing about 10% more damage than a champion and about 35% more than a runekeeper who is doing about 80% of a champions damage. Not perfect, of course, but much closer than in the past. So balancing seems to be on a rather good way...until group buffs get into the game.
    Taking all these debuffs into account we come to a totally different balancing between classes:
    A hunter is now doing about 75-80% more damage than a champion, a runekeeper about 30% more- if we take into account the physical mitigation debuff of the beorninger which in almost all raids will not be present. Without the beorningers debuff it is even more of a mess: hunters are doing 130% more damage than a champion, runekeepers (which were at 80% of champions DPS solo) now do 70% more damage than champions.

Detailed calculations can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...0Mw/edit#gid=0
    (Note that I did not take armour debuffs into account, because those benefit all types of damage in the same way. I also assumed the DPS Dummy have the unbuffed mitigation of heavy armour of 60%.)

Further calculations showed a champion would need about 120k DPS with the current mitigation debuffs if he should have the same DPS as a hunter or at least 85k DPS to compete with a runekeeper with typical raid debuffs (read: no beorninger...it would be 90k and 65k DPS respectively with beorninger debuff).
    In my opinion there are only two solutions for this dilemma. Of course pushing champions (same for burglars and to some extent wardens) DPS would lead to a great and unwanted imbalance in soloplay.
    One way would be to change the mitigation debuffs, either decrease the potency of the fire mitigation debuff or increase the physical mitigation debuffs. Perhaps the loremaster could get this tied into one of his skills.
    The other (much more simple) way would be to let melee classes use fire oils or weapon titles that change the damage type to fire. By doing this, almost nothing changes in soloplay, but the DPS gap in groups and raids would be much smaller.
    Your calculation is not valid without taking Armor Debuffs into account. The armor debuff is going to effect both physical and tactical damage, but most of the debuff to fire mitigations is going to be wasted once they reach 0%. 0% fire mitigation and 10% physical is a lot different then the 3.3% fire, 40% physical you have (that is just an example I haven't determined what they would actually be, only that it must be accounted for).
    [

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Your calculation is not valid without taking Armor Debuffs into account. The armor debuff is going to effect both physical and tactical damage, but most of the debuff to fire mitigations is going to be wasted once they reach 0%. 0% fire mitigation and 10% physical is a lot different then the 3.3% fire, 40% physical you have (that is just an example I haven't determined what they would actually be, only that it must be accounted for).
    You are absolutely right, I should not have left out the armour debuffs. As we do not know how much mitigation is left after all armour debuff are placed I did my calculation for different values between 60% and 10% mitigation left without armour. I think we can agree that not all mitigation is gone just because of armour debuffs so I left 0% out of the equation.
    Results are here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    It can be seen that with 20% or less mitigation is left without armour even a single warden (-5% to all mititgations) and runekeeper (-15% fire mitigation) would give a total of 0% mitigation against fire, but this seems a bit unrealistic to me (hope I can get enough kinmates to do some tests in the next round of beta). Nevertheless even in that most physical damage friendly scenario (10-20% mitigation left) those 10% a solo hunter is ahead of a solo champion (actually it´s more like 20% from the latest parses I have seen) will be 15-30% in a raid situation. If we even assume 30% mitigations without armour these 10% solo will be 45% in a raid.

So I still think it would be a good solution for balancing to either revise the mitigation debuffs or give physical damage classes a way to change the damage type to fire. Personally I would prefer the second solution because it would change almost nothing in terms of soloplay whereas changing the mitigation debuffs (making physical stronger/fire debuffs weaker/giving additional self-only mitigations debuffs...) has a good potential to screw up the whole balancing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2