We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Yet all of them run 105 CoS. Next thing you know they would complain how tedious its to do 115 quests compared to 100 ones.
    I think the majority of players that run 105 CoS run it for ash, not LI scrolls. Nice try though. Most players that are at cap, are running level capped quests already. This would be a case of them having to jump out of level 100 quests and running level cap ones instead of both (level 115 ones for gear, and level 100 ones for LIs). I am not running the current level cap quests right now, because, there is nothing that I need from them. I can't raid or anything at the moment (RL commitments in the way and will be for a couple of months yet), and I don't need N Mirkwood stuff or the new essences for anything, because of that. It would be nice if I could earn something that I do actually need in those quests, then I'd have a reason to run them.
    Last edited by Arnenna; Jun 01 2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I think the majority of players that run 105 CoS run it for ash, not LI scrolls. Nice try though.

Nice try tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post

Nice try tho.
    I'll rephrase if for you, in the hope you may understand. The majority of players I know, or see in world, are advertising for ash runs, and already have their LI's maxed. Empos can be earned in level 100 dailies, I presume at a better rate than CoS 105.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'll rephrase if for you, in the hope you may understand. The majority of players I know, or see in world, are advertising for ash runs, and already have their LI's maxed. Empos can be earned in level 100 dailies, I presume at a better rate than CoS 105.
    nope. nothing has a better rate than CoS. Doesnt matter what you want, CoS runs are the answer. As silly as that is, its true.
    I cant say I run them just for crystals and SoE as I obviously have use for the ash (even though I used my last 25k ash just to barter for gold essences (as a nonraider, there is nothing else to buy with ash)), but SoE and crystals certainly are the main reason to run CoS for me.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Well back then several bis items had just 2-5% drop rates, so you are comparing such drop rate to maxing out LIs essentially. It was never about running one or two times if you wanted the best of the best, that some people in here seem to think should be the norm when you hit 101 level. T69 legacies and all that. And it wasnt easy 5 mins run where you cant even wipe solo like now, but travel to destination 10-15 minutes, do instance for 40m-1h and one drop if you lucky that someone else might need as well. Or raid, takes several hours and several people rolling for that axe that never drops in tens of runs.. And when it drops 5 people roll for it.
    You paint a bleak picture, but people geared out with a lot more sanity than LI and Essence grind. That craziness started with Moria. Before that with comparable incomparables there were reasonable alternatives to BiS. Of course we ran CD/Uru and Helegrod multiple times. There were also more things to grab there than the end game named teal. So runs were never a 5% hit or miss like you're trying to say. It was always a win unless you wiped and couldn't get past a boss and had high repair bills.

In the guild I was in at the time we didn't roll against each other. We helped each other get the gear we wanted. We set up runs specifically to help people try and get those pieces. Of course that all changed with Radiance and instance clusters. Everyone went into free for all mode and it's never been the same since.
    Centuries ago, in primitive times, before the dawn of civilization, there were things that would be inconceivable to us today; such things as poverty, disease, violence, senility, and love.

IMO one of the main problems of SoEs is the absence of saturation.
    In quite a lot of legacies one level more gives n% more and this is also valid for the future (as long as there is no system change). Spending more time always gives the same amount of extra.

There is nothing that tells us to stop. There is nothing that tells raid leaders to stop demanding. There is nothing that stops designers from assuming people are maxed. There is simply no reason for non-maxed ILIs other than time and time is something that "can be expected".

For me the whole story of ILIs and essences means the removal of gearing satisfaction. Since their introduction I never had the feeling of being done with a char. 5 years ago being done meant having minimax gear and it was clear that improving any piece meant major effort and RNG luck. I was happy because I knew what I had achieved and I knew the reasons why I did not get any further. Today I am no longer happy, because there is always that little more effort that could take me one step further. This is btw not only valid for ILIs, but also for essences. The number of different L115 types is insane.

The result is that I do not stop optimizing my chars because I am happy, but because I am fed up. Rinse and repeat with every new content release. Of course I could decide to be content, but the one single CoS run could still be done, couldn't it? That one key could be done to get some more ash? No, it couldn't. I stop and satisfaction is removed.
    Last edited by thinx; Jun 04 2018 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    IMO one of the main problems of SoEs is the absence of saturation.
    In quite a lot of legacies one level more gives n% more and this is also valid for the future (as long as there is no system change). Spending more time always gives the same amount of extra.

There is nothing that tells us to stop. There is nothing that tells raid leaders to stop demanding. There is nothing that stops designers from assuming people are maxed. There is simply no reason for non-maxed ILIs other than time and time is something that "can be expected".

For me the whole story of ILIs and essences means the removal of gearing satisfaction. Since their introduction I never had the feeling of being done with a char. 5 years ago being done meant having minimax gear and it was clear that improving any piece meant major effort and RNG luck. I was happy because I knew what I had achieved and I knew the reasons why I did not get any further. Today I am no longer happy, because there is always that little more effort that could take me one step further. This is btw not only valid for ILIs, but also for essences. The number of different L115 types is insane.

The result is that I do not stop optimizing my chars because I am happy, but because I am fed up. Rinse and repeat with every new content release. Of course I could decide to be content, but the one single CoS run could still be done, couldn't it? That one key could be done to get some more ash? No, it couldn't. I stop and satisfaction is removed.
    You make a good point there. I'm in Eastemnet right now with a new character. When I look at quest rewards and see a slight increase in stats, I choose that new piece of gear. Since Gondor I have given up on using quest gear even with better stats because there is that essence that needs to go in there. There is a difference if I can equip right away what I earned or now have to chase that essence to make it better then the piece I already have. For me the first gives satisfaction, the second dread. Same with LIs. I never worried about crystals and scrolls because I will replace it. I reforge and am done with it. Now it's getting close to cap and new cap comes out. The most interesting part of choosing legacies and relics is gone, all this ILI requires is feeding. This is not fun for me and as a result I stop caring. How I wish we would go back to just getting weapons.

Is this really fun for anybody? Do you really like running the same content hundreds of times? All I hear from defenders of this system is sufficiency. You need x time to run b to get y scrolls and m time to run d to get z scrolls, so run b. But again, is it fun?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10