We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1

    Thrang instance chest bug

    There are new golden items dropping from Thrang instance. Chest seems to be bugged thou. I just ran instance at lvl60 solo to see how it is and I got new golden pocket, Lash Fragment Reforged, from chest. And item level is 345, minimum level 115 . Fix before this goes to live.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    This. Sub level cap instance drops level cap items at the moment. Only 115 versio should drop level cap items/barter currency.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    53
    This is something that we're aware of and will be fixed before it goes Live.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    209
    Please make a T2C version of the Thrang fight - that way the golden items will only drop from the challenge chests, and rest from T1/T2 chest. It's insane that T1 instance can drop pocket better then raid one.
    Faded Youtube Channel

    Original Challenger of the Abyss

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by elzeqq View Post
    Please make a T2C version of the Thrang fight - that way the golden items will only drop from the challenge chests, and rest from T1/T2 chest. It's insane that T1 instance can drop pocket better then raid one.
    The instance is only in the game for a few weeks and within a month of the Summer Festival the items become completely irrelevant.

    There's virtually no reason for there to be a massive fuss over "Ughh Casuals Are Getting Good Lootz"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    The instance is only in the game for a few weeks and within a month of the Summer Festival the items become completely irrelevant.

    There's virtually no reason for there to be a massive fuss over "Ughh Casuals Are Getting Good Lootz"
    dont agree. it's a BiS pocket, and BiS items should always be gated behind the most difficult content, imho. please devs, do not place this one just behind a T1 boss fight. make a lesser version of the pocket item obtainable thru t1 and the BiS one behind t2hm or something.
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Findun View Post
    dont agree. it's a BiS pocket, and BiS items should always be gated behind the most difficult content, imho.
    Not necessarily. At 100/105 the BiS cloaks for most classes were gated behind the Epic Quests and that was honestly a fine way to distribute them. This is one item that still requires some grouping to obtain and that alone will block a whole bunch of people from ever attempting it. No big deal having it be obtainable and it'll make a bunch of people happy.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    253

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    The instance is only in the game for a few weeks and within a month of the Summer Festival the items become completely irrelevant.

    There's virtually no reason for there to be a massive fuss over "Ughh Casuals Are Getting Good Lootz"
    And what I also said but nobody wants to understand it goes not well...
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    The instance is only in the game for a few weeks and within a month of the Summer Festival the items become completely irrelevant.

    There's virtually no reason for there to be a massive fuss over "Ughh Casuals Are Getting Good Lootz"
    My biggest problem with this is they clearly have put more thought into this loot than raid loot. Raid loot is just generic increased item levels. These unique items (even if a bit copypaste from older era). Meanwhile: no raid meta-deed horse, generic jewellery, generic armor pieces, no extra unique loot in raid. And it seems that this even has better loot system where you aren't allowed to play some other content to earn rewards from festivals... You can't raid to get festival loot, while you can do landscape dailies to get raid loot... What a joke.

  10. #10
    who cares really if we'll get lvl 120 soon, let this pocket drop, at least some new daily activity in game
    Xolla;Tishina\Arkenstone

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    You can't raid to get festival loot, while you can do landscape dailies to get raid loot... What a joke.
    Ah, but you can Skraid! Suppose that's a foot in the door.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix43 View Post
    And what I also said but nobody wants to understand it goes not well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Not necessarily. At 100/105 the BiS cloaks for most classes were gated behind the Epic Quests and that was honestly a fine way to distribute them. This is one item that still requires some grouping to obtain and that alone will block a whole bunch of people from ever attempting it. No big deal having it be obtainable and it'll make a bunch of people happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
    who cares really if we'll get lvl 120 soon, let this pocket drop, at least some new daily activity in game


    Even all of these points aside.

    Thrang requires more than 5 seconds of though, you can't just burn him down and expect to succeed. It's not a Hardcore mode for the best and bravest, because it's a bloody Festival Instance, but it ain't exactly a picnic either - that's the other one.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post


    Even all of these points aside.

    Thrang requires more than 5 seconds of though, you can't just burn him down and expect to succeed. It's not a Hardcore mode for the best and bravest, because it's a bloody Festival Instance, but it ain't exactly a picnic either - that's the other one.
    I'll support this idea if we can get hobnanigan tokens and gollum mask to drop as well, if casuals can get top end gear only needed (and not even that with abyss being so easy nowadays) for raid t2c, why can't I get festival goodies as well? I don't want to do hobnanigans field or do countless trivial quests around middle earth to get that gollum mask.

    Wouldn't mind dyes dropping as well from challenge chest.

    And before being called a troll, I'm dead serious.

    Thanks.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    Ah, but you can Skraid! Suppose that's a foot in the door.
    Great argument. It's not even giving these rewards.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Great argument. It's not even giving these rewards.
    It was a reference to how that new picnic skirmish gives festival tokens, which can be run as a 12-man.

    Don’t even have to touch any festival quests.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    It was a reference to how that new picnic skirmish gives festival tokens, which can be run as a 12-man.

    Don’t even have to touch any festival quests.
    You miss the point.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    100
    I would agree there should be a T1/T2/T2C mechanic for instances that drop endgame BiS gear (even if there wasn't a T2 for Rift in the past). My biggest issue with the loot, even if we have a level cap increase within a couple months of summer fest, is that BiS gear is only available for a couple weeks during a festival period. Afterwards this instance is shelved and no one has a way to go back for the gear until presumably the next summer fest a year later.

    All that said, I'd like to see this instance available year round somehow, even if the festival quest part of it is disabled. More instances to run, more ways to get Ashes of Enchantment, more gear to make builds around.
    Last edited by laughatdo0m; May 17 2018 at 02:27 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    The instance is only in the game for a few weeks and within a month of the Summer Festival the items become completely irrelevant.

    There's virtually no reason for there to be a massive fuss over "Ughh Casuals Are Getting Good Lootz"
    You are correct that the gear will become (nearly) irrelevant with the 120 increase. But whats going to happen NEXT summer (or whatever festival has another instance like this) when this rolls around again with level 120 scaled items? Is it worth making a fuss about limited availability BiS gear then?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    Not necessarily. At 100/105 the BiS cloaks for most classes were gated behind the Epic Quests and that was honestly a fine way to distribute them. This is one item that still requires some grouping to obtain and that alone will block a whole bunch of people from ever attempting it. No big deal having it be obtainable and it'll make a bunch of people happy.
    Exactly This.

    Festival stuff should be kept light (Severlin reinforced this during recent anniversary stream) and encourage all to participate with everyone having an equal chance at getting something shiny. Moving forward, I like that a few times per year different types of players will be further encouraged to group with people with whom they otherwise may not necessarily find themselves playing alongside.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,585
    Last year we had many festival goers complain of being excluded from the Year 1 to 10 quests during the Anniversary. So much so that they have had to put in resources to make an easier version.

    The same will complain about Thrang forcing them to group up when it's a festival.

    But like any content SSG reserve the right to put a BiS item in it to have the numbers to show the bean counter.

    Is that same fumarole just over the first rivulet to the left on (old) entry still bugged? Is that worm still getting caught under the stair occasionally? I'm guessing the old divide and conquer strategy will not be needed and it will be blast everything in sight.

    I would say that Thrang was always a favourite fight, if I wasn't assigned the giant. We had an LM who never found Signs of Power: Righteousness on her bar so timing and positioning Thrang was far more fun to get right.

    Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    Last year we had many festival goers complain of being excluded from the Year 1 to 10 quests during the Anniversary. So much so that they have had to put in resources to make an easier version.

    The same will complain about Thrang forcing them to group up when it's a festival.

    But like any content SSG reserve the right to put a BiS item in it to have the numbers to show the bean counter.

    Is that same fumarole just over the first rivulet to the left on (old) entry still bugged? Is that worm still getting caught under the stair occasionally? I'm guessing the old divide and conquer strategy will not be needed and it will be blast everything in sight.

    I would say that Thrang was always a favourite fight, if I wasn't assigned the giant. We had an LM who never found Signs of Power: Righteousness on her bar so timing and positioning Thrang was far more fun to get right.

    Mac
    It looks like the entire instance has been rebuilt from scratch, with just reused art assetd to recreate the appearance of the Thrang fight. Whilst it contains similar mechanics and elements of the fight (fumaroles and waves of orcs), it’d be safe to say they’re all new game objects with their own coding/scripting.

    tl;dr Don’t actually know, but don’t think so.

  22. #22
    I just like to mention - thats DEVs plan was TO TRY AND SCALE one instance boss - and see how it goes FOR future scaling of all old cool instances.

    Why its now tied to summer festival ??? It should have been released ALONG/during summer fest. That wasn't even devs plan to go with it. Go back to original idea of it. That wasn't the idea the raiders have proposed.
    Why everything we propose is getting perverted to some ridicilous level of some random ideas ? Can't you just simply do what players are proposing straight forward ????

    Casuals have nothing to do with this instance or boss. Let them keep doing festivals and enjoy what they are capable of. Lets separate raiding and casuals community, since in THIS game they never can contribute to the game TOGETHER. Cuz we literally have wars of those clans here. Unless this changes and community will start supporting each other lets not comment raiders in casuals' threads and visa versa.
    Last edited by Leopoldio; May 18 2018 at 04:34 AM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Constantly in Motion
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopoldio View Post

    Casuals have nothing to do with this instance or boss. Let them keep doing festivals and enjoy what they are capable of.
    Not to derail the topic, but I couldn't pass this up because it really sounds like you think anyone who plays casually is not "capable" of raiding?

    I raided for years, with top raiding guilds/kinships. I'll raid again in the future. But for now, I choose to not. I'm sure I'm not the only one. One should not assume that a "casual player" is a player incapable of enjoying or being proficient at raid content. Just FYI

    Carry on....:-)

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by clrsf06 View Post
    Not to derail the topic, but I couldn't pass this up because it really sounds like you think anyone who plays casually is not "capable" of raiding?
    You don't fit the defintion of a "casual" as typically used, an inactive raider/pvper is merely less/non active, whereas the "casuals" are people who consist of such as those who can't figure out what their class' main stat is, how to build an LI, trait properly, and can't or won't do "forced" grouping such as T1 Featured Instances but usually still want BIS slot gear to do their solo dailies and landscape questing.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload