We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Classes balance tanks

There has been some talk in the subforums on how tankbalance can work.
    For every tank, there should be a unique class tanking style.
    Here are some ideas on how I feel it can work in terms of survivability (not aggro)

Morale Mitigations BPE Cooldowns Self-Heals reduce incoming dmg reduce outgoing dmg groupbuffs bubbles Grouptank/Bosstank
    Guardians ++ + ++ + + both similar performance
    Wardens ++ ++ ++ + better at grouptanking
    Captains + + + + ++ + better at bosstanking
    Champions + + + ++ ++ better at grouptanking

Please note, this is meant as a general direction of playstyle. It does not mean that guardians should not be able to selfheal, but rather they should not depend on selfheals for general tanking.

In Words:
    The Guardian can take big hits and needs to manage cooldowns properly to survive and depends on heals.
    The Warden takes more damage, but compensates by higher morale & selfheals/buffs.
    The Captain survives by reducing the incoming damage and buffing the group to heal him better.
    The Champion survives with large morale bubbles combined with reducing the outgoing damage of enemies(debuffs/stuns).
    Heiwyn ~ Warden ~ Belegear
    Taldeen ~ Hunter ~ Belegaer
    Dagan ~ Minstrel ~ Belegaer

Warden gets no points for group buffing? -20% inductions, -5% mitigations with double cast... and other goodies that I most likely forgot on top of my head...

And of course Beorning is not even on the table, why would it be?

Just like Standing "We are prioritising on Beorning and Champion on the first pass of class balance" Stone Games, conveniently happened to forget about Beornings.

Oops.
    Mini-LM-Hunter-RK-Captain-Beorning @ 115

Captains get 18%/19%/13% b/p/e with a near pemanent +8% evade chance and 30s +30% parry skill on a 2 minute cooldown. I believe they deserve at least a "+" there. They also have the highest permanent morale potential of any tank on live (warden buffs may change that).

It's not meant to be a snapshot of live nor a snapshot of supporting capabilities.
    It’s meant as a rough direction where i think it should go survivability wise. And that should no include wardens being depended on supporting minstrels to keep them alive. Obviously....
    Sorry for beornings though. But i have not played them much so my experience is based on reading skilltrees/hearing stuff from others there. So i have no idea what playstyle/niche they would fit in.
    Personally i feel beronings is just a failed class based on a failed concept, so they might need to rewrite the class entirely.
    Heiwyn ~ Warden ~ Belegear
    Taldeen ~ Hunter ~ Belegaer
    Dagan ~ Minstrel ~ Belegaer

Quote Originally Posted by Taldeen View Post
    Personally i feel beronings is just a failed class based on a failed concept, so they might need to rewrite the class entirely.
    Probably.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Problem is that guardian has the highest ratio of tanking effectiveness / skill required. Taking effectiveness includes everything like aggro management , inc damage and utility.

I was hoping to see at least some nerf to guardian force taunts , or even better , a force taunt rework in general... Maybe in the future...