We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A new update coming without finishing the model work on hobbits?

I get that a lot of people freaked out about the cosmetic changes to character models, but you guys really need to finish what you started before you move on to other content mentioned in the producers letter.

I can't play my hobbit currently, she looks like an ugly doll compared to any of the rest of my characters. Please please please finish the models! to a lesser degree the dwarves need more work too, it just looks like hair got a minor update and that is it.

Transparency is a serious issue here guys. If you are planning something, or have delayed something just tell us. We will be all the better for it.

but honestly, I could forgive most anything right now if we could just finally get the Hobbit update.

Quote Originally Posted by Arially View Post
    Transparency is a serious issue here guys. If you are planning something, or have delayed something just tell us. We will be all the better for it.
    OP makes some very valid points here.

I was disappointed when I realized there was no mention of the new models for hobbits and dwarves in the executive producer letter.

I hope we can get some clarity on these long-awaited and announced new hobbit models.
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Personally I'd be quite happy if they don't mess with my Hobbits.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Hobbitses

Quote Originally Posted by DancesInTrees View Post
    Personally I'd be quite happy if they don't mess with my Hobbits.
    I agree

Im glad companies and people are able to do more then one thing at a time.
    Just because they havent finished one, does not mean they cant move on to other things.

Its called multitasking.

I will now go practice rubbing my tummy while I pat my head.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

They are probably very reluctant to change the Hobbits as well as giving the Shire a cosmetic workover. Too many 'Forever 15' Hobbit Player's heads would explode.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Hobbit avatars are being worked on. Similar to our other avatar updates, they will be released when we feel they are ready, so are not currently assigned to a specific update publicly. They are being actively worked on, however.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hobbit avatars are being worked on. Similar to our other avatar updates, they will be released when we feel they are ready, so are not currently assigned to a specific update publicly. They are being actively worked on, however.
    I'll be sure to let Lobelia know!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Arially View Post
    I get that a lot of people freaked out about the cosmetic changes to character models, but you guys really need to finish what you started before you move on to other content mentioned in the producers letter.
    I can't play my hobbit currently, she looks like an ugly doll compared to any of the rest of my characters. Please please please finish the models! to a lesser degree the dwarves need more work too, it just looks like hair got a minor update and that is it.
    but honestly, I could forgive most anything right now if we could just finally get the Hobbit update.
    If people had watched the most recent Lotro Stream with Cordovan, they would have heard that the new hobbit models were to be a part of the current beta. So, in my opinion, we could see them in a point update before update 23.

So it would seem that any complaining is, as usual, premature.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair

Thank you for the update Cordovan

Me and my hobbit are looking forward to the new models
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I'll be sure to let Lobelia know!
    Why? She has to keep the old avatars. #Spite2018
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Why? She has to keep the old avatars. #Spite2018
    Because she needs to be distracted from hassling Mayor Flourdumpling!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Instead of releasing them when devs feel they're "ready", how about opening them up for players' feedback WHILE they are being worked on. As in... actually gathering feedback DURING the process, to get a sense of what the community actually wants or categorically doesn't want. To avoid repeating the blunder accompanying elf and man revamps.

Don't just rush them through 2-3 weeks of beta. Open them up for feedback earlier and let the actual feedback shape the direction.

I am still appalled with the way the most recent elf revamp was handled in March, when player feedback was completely thrown out the window and we ended up on live with versions that many, many people emphatically did NOT want, per feedback they left on Bullroarer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintjoan View Post
    If people had watched the most recent Lotro Stream with Cordovan, they would have heard that the new hobbit models were to be a part of the current beta. So, in my opinion, we could see them in a point update before update 23.

So it would seem that any complaining is, as usual, premature.
    Not everyone has the time to sit & listen to a stream.

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Not everyone is complaining.

Laughable. You clearly have time to play the game, to peruse and post responses (924) in the forums.

I'd say it's not a matter of having time, but more a case of deciding how to spend it. Might be
    worthwhile to allocate a bit of your time to listen to Cordovan's streams, an informational resource
    available to you.
    Last edited by OmiRavanya; May 22 2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Ride out with me ....
    Ride Out and Meet Them !

Quote Originally Posted by OmiRavanya View Post
    I'd say it's not a matter of having time, but more a case of deciding how to spend it. Might be
    worthwhile to allocate a bit of your time to listen to Cordovan's streams, an informational resource
    available to you.
    There is quite a lot of good info in these streams that you won't find here on the forums. There was someone doing summaries of his streams but looks like that stopped.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 120~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by OmiRavanya View Post
    Laughable. You clearly have time to play the game, to peruse and post responses (924) in the forums.

available to you.
    I was not talking about myself.

Good job at assuming.

Oh yeah, 924 posts over 2 years.

I was not talking about myself.

Good job at assuming.

Oh yeah, 924 posts over 2 years.
    Most of my 19k posts are from work, which blocks any kind of streaming or videos. My time at home is pretty limited to maybe an hour of playtime a day.