We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56

    A new update coming without finishing the model work on hobbits?

    I get that a lot of people freaked out about the cosmetic changes to character models, but you guys really need to finish what you started before you move on to other content mentioned in the producers letter.

    I can't play my hobbit currently, she looks like an ugly doll compared to any of the rest of my characters. Please please please finish the models! to a lesser degree the dwarves need more work too, it just looks like hair got a minor update and that is it.

    Transparency is a serious issue here guys. If you are planning something, or have delayed something just tell us. We will be all the better for it.



    but honestly, I could forgive most anything right now if we could just finally get the Hobbit update.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Laurelin
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Arially View Post
    Transparency is a serious issue here guys. If you are planning something, or have delayed something just tell us. We will be all the better for it.
    OP makes some very valid points here.

    I was disappointed when I realized there was no mention of the new models for hobbits and dwarves in the executive producer letter.

    I hope we can get some clarity on these long-awaited and announced new hobbit models.
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

  3. #3
    Personally I'd be quite happy if they don't mess with my Hobbits.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress! Vote today!

  4. #4

    Hobbitses

    Quote Originally Posted by DancesInTrees View Post
    Personally I'd be quite happy if they don't mess with my Hobbits.
    I agree

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,215
    Im glad companies and people are able to do more then one thing at a time.
    Just because they havent finished one, does not mean they cant move on to other things.

    Its called multitasking.

    I will now go practice rubbing my tummy while I pat my head.

    MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Albany New York
    Posts
    665
    They are probably very reluctant to change the Hobbits as well as giving the Shire a cosmetic workover. Too many 'Forever 15' Hobbit Player's heads would explode.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,077
    Hobbit avatars are being worked on. Similar to our other avatar updates, they will be released when we feel they are ready, so are not currently assigned to a specific update publicly. They are being actively worked on, however.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    20,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hobbit avatars are being worked on. Similar to our other avatar updates, they will be released when we feel they are ready, so are not currently assigned to a specific update publicly. They are being actively worked on, however.
    I'll be sure to let Lobelia know!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Arially View Post
    I get that a lot of people freaked out about the cosmetic changes to character models, but you guys really need to finish what you started before you move on to other content mentioned in the producers letter.
    I can't play my hobbit currently, she looks like an ugly doll compared to any of the rest of my characters. Please please please finish the models! to a lesser degree the dwarves need more work too, it just looks like hair got a minor update and that is it.
    Transparency is a serious issue here guys. If you are planning something, or have delayed something just tell us. We will be all the better for it.
    but honestly, I could forgive most anything right now if we could just finally get the Hobbit update.
    If people had watched the most recent Lotro Stream with Cordovan, they would have heard that the new hobbit models were to be a part of the current beta. So, in my opinion, we could see them in a point update before update 23.

    So it would seem that any complaining is, as usual, premature.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair


    .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Laurelin
    Posts
    2,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hobbit avatars are being worked on. Similar to our other avatar updates, they will be released when we feel they are ready, so are not currently assigned to a specific update publicly. They are being actively worked on, however.
    Thank you for the update Cordovan

    Me and my hobbit are looking forward to the new models
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I'll be sure to let Lobelia know!
    Why? She has to keep the old avatars. #Spite2018
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    20,379
    Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Why? She has to keep the old avatars. #Spite2018
    Because she needs to be distracted from hassling Mayor Flourdumpling!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East coast
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hobbit avatars are being worked on. Similar to our other avatar updates, they will be released when we feel they are ready, so are not currently assigned to a specific update publicly. They are being actively worked on, however.
    Instead of releasing them when devs feel they're "ready", how about opening them up for players' feedback WHILE they are being worked on. As in... actually gathering feedback DURING the process, to get a sense of what the community actually wants or categorically doesn't want. To avoid repeating the blunder accompanying elf and man revamps.

    Don't just rush them through 2-3 weeks of beta. Open them up for feedback earlier and let the actual feedback shape the direction.

    I am still appalled with the way the most recent elf revamp was handled in March, when player feedback was completely thrown out the window and we ended up on live with versions that many, many people emphatically did NOT want, per feedback they left on Bullroarer.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintjoan View Post
    If people had watched the most recent Lotro Stream with Cordovan, they would have heard that the new hobbit models were to be a part of the current beta. So, in my opinion, we could see them in a point update before update 23.

    So it would seem that any complaining is, as usual, premature.
    Not everyone has the time to sit & listen to a stream.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Not everyone has the time to sit & listen to a stream.
    Not everyone is complaining.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tranquility
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Not everyone has the time to sit & listen to a stream.

    Laughable. You clearly have time to play the game, to peruse and post responses (924) in the forums.

    I'd say it's not a matter of having time, but more a case of deciding how to spend it. Might be
    worthwhile to allocate a bit of your time to listen to Cordovan's streams, an informational resource
    available to you.
    Last edited by OmiRavanya; May 22 2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Ride out with me ....
    Ride Out and Meet Them !

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by OmiRavanya View Post
    .
    I'd say it's not a matter of having time, but more a case of deciding how to spend it. Might be
    worthwhile to allocate a bit of your time to listen to Cordovan's streams, an informational resource
    available to you.
    There is quite a lot of good info in these streams that you won't find here on the forums. There was someone doing summaries of his streams but looks like that stopped.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 120~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by OmiRavanya View Post
    Laughable. You clearly have time to play the game, to peruse and post responses (924) in the forums.

    I'd say it's not a matter of having time, but more a case of deciding how to spend it. Might be
    worthwhile to allocate a bit of your time to listen to Cordovan's streams, an informational resource
    available to you.
    I was not talking about myself.

    Good job at assuming.

    Oh yeah, 924 posts over 2 years.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    20,379
    Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    I was not talking about myself.

    Good job at assuming.

    Oh yeah, 924 posts over 2 years.
    Most of my 19k posts are from work, which blocks any kind of streaming or videos. My time at home is pretty limited to maybe an hour of playtime a day.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload