We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Mordor Lost Lore Bookcase

I just want to say that I *love* how you did the Lost Lore bookcase! This seems like the best way that it could have been done, giving easy access to all the text and audio. Plus it looks great! I like that you can see the individual eight lore books on the shelf hidden among the other books. Thank you so much for this!

Seriously? I need to hop on BR when I get a chance and check it out!

If anyone wants to check it out I put it up at 1 Wending Way, Addernotch, Shire Homesteads. You get the bookcase automatically as a deed reward if you have all eight of the other ones.

I took a peek, but can't really use it or see the books.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post
    I took a peek, but can't really use it or see the books.
    I think that to read the text and hear the book when using the bookcase, you need to have finished the quest for that book yourself. I wouldn't mind seeing that changed so that people visiting your house could listen to any of the books.

It's a shame that the Abyss of Mordath is part of this, as I'm never going to be able to collect the pages from there as it can't be scaled down to do solo (unlike CoS and Naerband) - I understand the reason that they are all together, but it does mean more clutter for my inventory/vault/house.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    It's a shame that the Abyss of Mordath is part of this, as I'm never going to be able to collect the pages from there as it can't be scaled down to do solo (unlike CoS and Naerband) - I understand the reason that they are all together, but it does mean more clutter for my inventory/vault/house.
    I little disappointed to find the bookcase behind the raid. I'm wondering if the store version is ready to roll out already for the whales. Have seen the bookcase in situ; does it need to be full to be used?

Perhaps you can take over a cleared raid if pages aren't covered by bypassed spawns, a duo could maybe take turns pulling to get individual pages.

Perhaps a packing case should be available for those who can't complete the deed or a Lore Book Strewn Table which suits my untidy style.

Mac
    Last edited by Macdui; May 17 2018 at 04:32 AM.
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Reading about this made me very happy, then it made me very sad knowing I will most likely never complete the raid, let alone get all the pages that are in there (most raid organisers just want to get to bosses asap instead of taking the touristic route and take down all trash for the pages...)

I'm never going to be able to collect the pages from there as it can't be scaled down to do solo (unlike CoS and Naerband)
    How do you solo Naerband?
    Isn't it inevitable that the boss imprisons one player after some time, who then has to be freed by the others?

PS: Same here - would love to own this bookshelf but unfortunately never will, as I do not raid.
    However, I think that's okay, as some items should be special - just like the housing items from Dunhoth and Orthanc.
    (That said, it would be great if those were added to the shop eventually, after all this time ... )

I'm glad too that SSG did this Deed, the question now that I pose is... if now we would have a library for the Lost Lore of mordor... we would have one for the part of Northen MirkwooD?
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Quote Originally Posted by Onno View Post
    (That said, it would be great if those were added to the shop eventually, after all this time ... )
    No. Do the content to earn in game items.

Quote Originally Posted by Avedram View Post
    I think that to read the text and hear the book when using the bookcase, you need to have finished the quest for that book yourself.
    Yes, that's how it is (at the moment) - you can only listen to the books that are checked off in your own book of deeds.

Btw, thank you Avedram, for making the bookcase available to everybody!

If anyone was waiting for someone to post a pic in the past 12 h (like myself), here we go

--Duf of Ark

Yeah, a few things:

To start, I think the shelf's appearance should reflect only the owner's book collection, so visitors who haven't completed the quests can still see and read the same things they do. Second, the shelf should be rewarded for completing one Lost Lore quest, and then added to as you complete the rest.

Thirdly, and on an unrelated note, is there a Strongholds of the North Lost Lore Bookcase? If not, there should be.

It's a shame that the Abyss of Mordath is part of this, as I'm never going to be able to collect the pages from there as it can't be scaled down to do solo
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    I little disappointed to find the bookcase behind the raid. I'm wondering if the store version is ready to roll out already for the whales. Have seen the bookcase in situ; does it need to be full to be used?

Perhaps you can take over a cleared raid if pages aren't covered by bypassed spawns, a duo could maybe take turns pulling to get individual pages.
    Clearing a Tier 1 Abyss to get the lost lore pages is pretty easy, even at 115. It's not like you are expected to do T2 challenges to get this stuff... on T1 it's pretty faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post

Thirdly, and on an unrelated note, is there a Strongholds of the North Lost Lore Bookcase? If not, there should be.
    This & should be a bookcase separate to the Mordor bookcase. There are neat elven or dwarven style bookcase in game that could be used.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

It's sad to see it gated behind the Abyss of Mordath, but I suppose there should be something special that needs the raid, much like the Memorial of the Gaunt-lords and the Model of Orthanc.

It just means I won't get the bookcase, as I'm not in a raiding kin.

I think there should be a small bookcase that holds the 5 Mordor regional books, so casual players that don't raid have a spot for their books. Plus the large bookcase for all 8 Mordor books for those who complete the regions and instances/raid.
    and a small bookcase for the Stronghold books.
    have the small bookcases available for barter(for casuals) and the large bookcase for the deed(raiders). That way everybody and playstyle can have a place for their books if they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    Clearing a Tier 1 Abyss to get the lost lore pages is pretty easy, even at 115. It's not like you are expected to do T2 challenges to get this stuff... on T1 it's pretty faceroll.
    We are talking about people who don't go in a raid for whatever reason. The Pages and Books and talk of a bookcase on live stream are a trail of cookies ending in disappointment to this customer.
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    I think there should be a small bookcase that holds the 5 Mordor regional books, so casual players that don't raid have a spot for their books. Plus the large bookcase for all 8 Mordor books for those who complete the regions and instances/raid.
    have the small bookcases available for barter(for casuals) and the large bookcase for the deed(raiders). That way everybody and playstyle can have a place for their books if they want it.
    I like this. List of bookcases that should be available:
    • Small bookcase: Mordor
    • Large bookcase: Mordor + instances
    • Small bookcase: Strongholds of the North & Iron Hills (U23?)
    • Large bookcase: Strongholds of the North & Iron Hills + instances (U23?)

Assuming there is additional Lost Lore coming in the new content.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    Neat Idea!

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Hejazia.Arkenstone View Post
    Maybe if you're in a raiding kin. My two Abyss attempts on Landy have been 1) join a pug at first boss, spend an hour wiping, disband, and 2) spend 2 hours waiting for a pug to fill, spend an hour squeaking through the first 2 trash pulls, disband. I'm glad that some folks have an easy time getting this done, but not everyone is so fortunate. I like the small/large bookcase ideas.

Oh, well... I was really looking forward to getting this bookcase, but if it's locked behind the raid it seems I won't

What is wrong with having it at your place and not being able to read any books that you haven't collected yet?
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

There's another way that they could do this to mirror progression of obtaining more books:

Why not use the same system as Bingo's Hat-Rack- combined with, for example, the ability to swap Large and Huge Yard Lorien Swan Fountain's at the Stangard vendor? Ok, so in Stangard, its possible to exchange 1 decoration item for another. In Bingo's quest-line, each time Bert Bartleby appears in an area, Bert is available with an upgraded version of the Hat-Rack decoration item, which a player may barter-for so long as the player has the previous version of the Hat-Rack from the previous zone in the Bingo quest-line.

So, for example: why not have -eight- different bookshelves, where you can only, as with the Hat-Rack, have access to -ONE- bookshelf at a time, and each successive Bookshelf would grant access to ---ONE--- further book.

I suggest a sequence of -8- hidden deeds. The first- do Udun Lost Lore. The second- do Udun and Dor Amarth Lost Lore. The third- do the first two plus Lhingris. The fourth- the previous 3 plus Talath Urui. The fifth- the previous 4 plus Agarnaith. The sixth- the previous 5 plus CoS. The seventh- the previous 6 plus Naerband. The eighth- the previous 7 plus Mordath. These deeds would control the ability to barter at the Conquest of Gorgoroth vendor for each successive version of the Bookshelf.

In my idea, the hidden deed system is essential so that you can't just skip all the other Lost Lore quests and do Agarnaith and get its bookshelf. You have to do -ALL- of the previous Lost Lore quests -up to- Agarnaith to get Agarnaith's version of the bookshelf. But, you can stop at Agarnaith if you want to. You wouldn't have to do the Mordath raid- because that would be the LAST book to collect in the sequence, and thus, the final version of the bookshelf to barter-for- which would be OPTIONAL

In detail, all concerning the Lost Lore of Mordor "Book" Quests (not as in the Epic, nor as in Black Book- but simply as-in getting literal Book / Bookshelf decoration items):

1. Bookshelf with Udun-book-access-only. Received: when you complete the Udun Book Quest. This Bookshelf will not be bartered-for- it will come with the hidden deed completion.

2. Bookshelf with Udun-book + Dor Amarth book. Able to barter: when you complete the Dor Amarth Book quest. Requires: Udun Bookshelf at vendor. Here's where the bartering-system begins. Must complete a hidden deed to finish both Udun and Dor Amarth Book quests.

3. Bookshelf with Udun, Dor Amarth, and Lhingris. Able to barter: when you complete the Lhingris Book quest. Requires: Dor Amarth Bookshelf at vendor (which includes Udun also). Must complete a hidden deed to finish Udun, Dor Amarth, and Lhingris quests.

4. Bookshelf with Udun, Dor Amarth, Lhingris, and Talath Urui books. Able to barter: when you complete the Talath Urui Book quest. Requires: Lhingris Bookshelf at vendor (which also includes Udun and Dor Amarth). Must complete a hidden deed to finish all 4 Book-Pages quests up to this point.

5. Bookshelf with Udun, Dor Amarth, Lhingris, Talath Urui, and Agarnaith books. Able to barter: when you complete the Agarnaith Book quest. Requires: Talath Urui Bookshelf at vendor (which includes the 4 books). Must complete a hidden deed to finish all 5 Book-Quests including Agarnaith.

6. Bookshelf with all 5 Zone Book Quests plus Court of Seregost book. Able to barter: when all pages in CoS have been collected. Requires: the All 5 Lost-Lore Quests Bookshelf. Must complete a hidden deed to finish all 6 Lost Lore quests thus far.

7. Bookshelf with all 6 Quests up to this point plus Naerband 6-man book. Able to barter: when all Naerband pages have been collected. Requires: the previous Bookshelf including CoS. Must complete hidden deed to finish all 7 quests thus far.

8. Bookshelf with all 7 Quests up to this point plus Abyss of Mordath Book. Able to barter: when all AoM pages have been collected. Requires: previous Bookshelf including Naerband 6-man. Must complete hidden deed to finish all 8 quests.

Now, the above sounds complicated, so let me reiterate:

Quests, Deeds, and Bartering would work together here. You'd do -a- Lost Lore Quest- and get -access- to the ability to -barter- for a Bookshelf with all the books up to and including that Quest. You would complete a hidden deed at the same time which would open-up that barter-access. This would prevent players from having multiple bookshelves with 1 book each. It would allow the bookshelf to grow gradually - like Bingo's Hat-Rack. But, you wouldn't be barred by a raid to have -a bookshelf- in the first place.

So, in Udun, I'd do the first Quest, completing the First Deed, and I'd get the bookshelf from the deed. In Dor Amarth, I'd do the next one, completing that deed, and barter the 1 bookshelf for the next-tier-up with access to both those books from the next, single Bookshelf in the chain. In Lhingris, the 3rd, in Talath Urui, the 4th, in Agarnaith, the 5th, in CoS, the 6th, in Naer, the 7th, and in Mordath, the 8th.

So there'd be 8 different bookshelves- each exchanged for the next one up in the chain. You'd have -ONE- bookshelf throughout the process- exchanging one for another, etc. etc. etc. The ---First--- Bookshelf would be earned via deed by doing Udun's quest. The rest would require the completion of each successive Lost Lore quest / hidden deed in the chain- and by bartering for the next bookshelf.

It would be too complicated to "exchange lost lore book decoration items" for bookshelves, I think. I tried to think of how that might work- but... I'm at a loss. I think its best to exchange bookshelves for bookshelves. Because the problem would be, say, if I exchanged a Lost Lore Udun Book for an Udun Bookshelf, what if I wanted to exchange it back? It wouldn't work. It would have to be an exponential system of exchanging a book and a bookshelf per barter- which would mean a loss of all current Lost Lore books in exchange for a single bookshelf that grows over time. Could it work in theory? I suppose. But I think, for my idea to work, it would be best to just stick to exchanging bookshelves, adding access to the ability to hear / read 1 new book to each successive bookshelf per barter, so that one's collection can grow. Whatever one wants to do with the "regular books" would be up to the player.

But definitely, having to collect all 8 to have access in the first place.... I'd much rather, for example, settle for a bookshelf that gives me access to the zone Lost Lore quests- the 5 of them- rather than being left without access to any bookshelf because its gated by Mordath.

Adding 1 book at a time to a shelf is a worthy concept to consider- and, per Bingo's Hat-Rack and the Stangard Lorien Swan Fountain examples, there's mechanics in-game already to make it work
    Last edited by Phantion; May 18 2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Just want to add two things to this.

First, it would be nice if you made it so that anyone who uses the bookcase can see all the books on it, rather than only ones that they have earned. After all if you go to a friend's house you can't only see books on their shelf that you own, right?

Second, if anyone wants to see the bookcase, I've bought another house with it: 1 Bay Road, Anorist, Belfalas Homesteads. Nearby houses are open so you can just warp to one of them form a Housing Broker.

Thank you again for this bookcase, I love how it looks and functions!