We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Sheathed instrument cosmetic doesn't match actual appearance

I don't know if this is true for every instrument but I have Gléowine's Harp cosmetically equipped; the sheathed version of the harp looks nothing like the harp when I'm playing it. I don't know if this is just in early stages so all appearances aren't in yet but I thought I'd point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Avedram View Post
    I don't know if this is true for every instrument but I have Gléowine's Harp cosmetically equipped; the sheathed version of the harp looks nothing like the harp when I'm playing it. I don't know if this is just in early stages so all appearances aren't in yet but I thought I'd point it out.

At least the harp is sheathing on the right position for a harp. The fiddles are upside down & in the wrong angle. Anyways, I agree that the used instrument appearance should match what is show cosmetically. Also when used, it shouldn't look on the back. I bet those are early beta glitches & will be corrected before release.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Is this sheathed instrument thing a new cosmetic for upcoming update? or just a new ability to place instruments cosmetically in back outfit slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Is this sheathed instrument thing a new cosmetic for upcoming update? or just a new ability to place instruments cosmetically in back outfit slots?
    I haven't checked if they work like cosmetics or if you can hide them (but you probably can), but as a minstrel any instrument that you equip will show up either in your belt or on your back
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    I haven't checked if they work like cosmetics or if you can hide them (but you probably can), but as a minstrel any instrument that you equip will show up either in your belt or on your back
    Oh, that's something new... I recall instruments being visible only in skill executions or in combat. It'd be great to have this look as an all around cosmetic feature too. Thought that's what it was, but looking now again at OP's screenshot, it seems to be simply the in-combat cosmetic appearance that will go away out of combat.

Cosmetic instrument appearances for back outfit slots would make great new festival rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    Oh, that's something new... I recall instruments being visible only in skill executions or in combat. It'd be great to have this look as an all around cosmetic feature too. Thought that's what it was, but looking now again at OP's screenshot, it seems to be simply the in-combat cosmetic appearance that will go away out of combat.

Cosmetic instrument appearances for back outfit slots would make great new festival rewards
    The way it works is whatever is in your ranged slot shows up like that. Actually, my Burglar class item showed up as a lute on my back so clearly there are still some bugs. I'm not in combat in the pictures, I am in music mode, just so I could show that the harp on my back was different from the harp I actually had equipped.

Just noticed in minstrel class update notes that instrument showing up cosmetically equipped is new in this update for minstrels, that answers my earlier wondering. Very cool!

And I agree with OP it would be great to have Gleowine's Harp show up cosmetically, if it is equipped in gear slot. Such a unique instrument appearance.

Just want to point out that this problem is still present with the new build. But at least my burg signal doesn't show up as a lute now!

Okay it looks like this bug is still there, Gléowine's Harp still looks like it does in the screenshots in the first post when sheathed. I'll file a bug report too, hopefully this gets fixed...