We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Brutal Brutal Charge change!

I started a thread in General Discussion, I probably should have started it here. Or not start this one. But I feel this is so important to me that I feel I need to do it. I've been playing a Guardian for almost 11 years now, and it's the only character I really focus on getting maxed. If the Guardian is tinkered with too much, so much that it loses playability and enjoyment for me, I will be very sad to be playing less. The knockdown effect after Brutal Charge is really handy when it comes to both solo play and fellowship play. You can run into a crowd and just grab a bunch, turn around, knock them down with a Sweeping Cut, and you can tank them better for both yourself and/or your group. That, I feel, is what a Guardian should be able to do. Control the crowds that keep hitting you. It would also make for better deed progression while playing solo (which at least earlier was quite a sludge).

Other than the necessity of the effect, it is also genuinely fun! I really enjoy red line Guardian now. I agree about the damage improvement, which was sorely needed, and removing the tactical damage from the skills (except I'm not sure what I need +Light damage legacy for now?), but removing this knockdown effect.. I don't know, it leaves a really sour taste in my mouth. I really like this one. A critical hit instead would just not do very much, for one because we have other crit skills, and nor would it be very much fun to play with, unless it did have a change to knock your targets down at the same time. Maybe not 100% knockdown chance, but still high?? Removing it altogether I'm not sure would be wise for those who enjoy Guardian red line. Honestly, all the other adjustments to the class seem fine, at least interesting, as I haven't tried them out yet, but this knockdown skill I am really going to miss! Please make amends, adjustments and compromises in the next beta build!

Thanks,
    Guardian veteran
    Last edited by Brethwyn_EU; May 16 2018 at 04:18 PM.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

replied to this post in the test server forums and will do so here.

I guess my opinion is not valued to highly being just a filthy casual but the kd/stun affect on brutal charge is very important to me, doing instances with inexperienced players (me included) it can be the difference, giving enough time for ppl to recover from a mistake, same goes for landscape/story focus where im pretty much solo all the time, in its current state it is a massive help and imo doesnt seem gamebreaking at all to warrant a change, there are plenty other places to add crit components and the like without having to change such an important skill.

I feel the majority of players will feel this way

Quote Originally Posted by Brethwyn_EU View Post
    I started a thread in General Discussion, I probably should have started it here. Or not start this one. But I feel this is so important to me that I feel I need to do it. I've been playing a Guardian for almost 11 years now, and it's the only character I really focus on getting maxed. If the Guardian is tinkered with too much, so much that it loses playability and enjoyment for me, I will be very sad to be playing less. The knockdown effect after Brutal Charge is really handy when it comes to both solo play and fellowship play. You can run into a crowd and just grab a bunch, turn around, knock them down with a Sweeping Cut, and you can tank them better for both yourself and/or your group. That, I feel, is what a Guardian should be able to do. Control the crowds that keep hitting you. It would also make for better deed progression while playing solo (which at least earlier was quite a sludge).

Other than the necessity of the effect, it is also genuinely fun! I really enjoy red line Guardian now. I agree about the damage improvement, which was sorely needed, and removing the tactical damage from the skills (except I'm not sure what I need +Light damage legacy for now?), but removing this knockdown effect.. I don't know, it leaves a really sour taste in my mouth. I really like this one. A critical hit instead would just not do very much, for one because we have other crit skills, and nor would it be very much fun to play with, unless it did have a change to knock your targets down at the same time. Maybe not 100% knockdown chance, but still high?? Removing it altogether I'm not sure would be wise for those who enjoy Guardian red line. Honestly, all the other adjustments to the class seem fine, at least interesting, as I haven't tried them out yet, but this knockdown skill I am really going to miss! Please make amends, adjustments and compromises in the next beta build!

Thanks,
    Guardian veteran
    I have been asking them to preserve Brutal charge knockdown on the main thread for the changes and telling them that most guardians won't be happy if they lose it.
    Hopefully they will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfy View Post
    most guardians won't be happy if they lose it.
    You have absolutely no proof of that. Go test the changes and give proper feedback.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Where were these people when we lost Salt the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Where were these people when we lost Salt the wound.
    ...while we were busy licking ours....