We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Do you ever get tired of just killing mobs?

I can only take so much button pushing killing mobs then I need a break from it all.
    I have tried treasure seeking,resource gathering, crafting and just plain map exploring to fill the void.
    Some days I can't get myself to log in because of the grind.
    Filling deeds, getting rep,acquiring essences, etc to me just gets old some days.

Does it bother you sometimes?

Sometimes., But thats the nature of a MMO. Grinding. Some of us take breaks or go to other games ect. It happens
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Yes, there are other games to play.

A man is never too weak or too wounded to fight. If his cause is greater than his own life.Indeed be that the Real life or Secondary Life,Pixel/Imaginary/Virtual/Mythological. In body perhaps, but my willpower is infinite and my spirit burns as flame in the point I get overwhelmed and the body requires the necessary rest, but it happens rarely, on occasion I shall vanquish countless, immeasurable amount of foes with
    My Luminous Lady of Valinor,Blessed by Valar and sworn foe of Morgoth the enemy.The Word Boredom does not exist in my dictionary. A difference for me personally between getting tired/consumed of sundering small army and instantaneously switching "hacking the brain" and running Multiple tasks in the same time. The Creative Endeavours~ For instance engaging in Role-Playing sessions,taking screenshots across the Arda,Recording Videos,visiting my dear friends within the realm of Gladden and discussing new ideas or furthermore expanding my already vast,incomprehensible,extraord inary Greater Eldar Empire of the North. immersing myself wholly in my Secondary world, inevitably tis my own world and the game is a lot more than "just a game" for majority of players, but they shall not admit it.Shy,Afraid,Anxious. Worry? Yes. You shall never succeed,enjoy nor fully comprehend certain subjects if you constantly bother what others think about you or if you worry how others play on a daily basis ~ Small minds discuss people. The only way to fully embrace the magic is to negate and ignore others, Do not mistake me. Think about it for a moment. The Social aspect is not a necessity, an optional choice for particular players.Let us be honest, have you purchased the game to talk with other beings or experience the game content or maybe both? Do not become a slave and pawn for others or a victim. My core point if you are smart enough, you will understand. You are the master. Tis not about me being selfish or odd,quite contrary I've helped countless of players. People will and can misunderstand others with ease. It takes only to observe and nothing more on certain occasions. To remain silent.Let us be sincere again ~ how many players can in the essence play and be happy rather than wage a war with keyboard Battle-Masters, One gets tired of feeding others with a negative energy rather than killing foes. Thou art torturing thyself in the process.The hate shall devour thee. It become a trend and sickness even and were sickness lies ~ bad things shall follow. You cannot call yourself intelligent or creative if you clash with World chat or argue on pointless meaningless debates every single day mostly notably high noxious topics which I shall not name. I suggest getting tired of eradicating Yrch within Nan Gurth or Land of Fire and Shadow. When I truly get tired I shall take several months break or less,ultimately you shall always keep coming back if you love the game, Love&Ultimate burning passion which cannot be faked,tis impossible, A common soul will "feel" it,inevitably, Hopefully I have provided a clearer insight for similar souls. May your path ever be Star-lit Mellon,May thy radiance never cease to shine,The stars shall guide thee, Good night,Namarie.Vanya Sulie.
    Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; May 16 2018 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    Unfortunately none that interest me yet, still looking though

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMcDermott View Post
    Unfortunately none that interest me yet, still looking though
    Yea, I agree.
    And with the coming level increase the grind is just going to get worse.

My one rule is to only do things I find fun, or that I am motivated to do for the reward. Otherwise, the game becomes a job.

I play several different characters, to have the variety of different skills and play styles. That helps me keep fresh and avoid complacency, even with 'the grind'. And I rarely think of anything I'm doing as a grind. It's like doing any repetitive chore in real life - the attitude you bring makes all the difference. So I keep my mind light, stay in the moment not thinking of how long it's going to take, and look for ways to be more efficient or to challenge myself.

If I'm doing slayer deeds for virtues (always with an accelerator!), I'll be watching netflix or something else on my second monitor or listening to an audiobook. So sometimes mental distractions can be good.

And of course, cosmetics! Many people think cosmetics and house decor are silly and useless. But they can be a nice break from the mob killing. And truly, you will kill more quickly if you look marvelous. The foes will stop fighting, just to stare in awe at you! Really. I have the proof in CombatAnalysis...

I hope you find a sweet spot for yourself. But if you really are not enjoying the game, the best thing to do is find another way to spend your time.

Best wishes to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Yea, I agree.
    And with the coming level increase the grind is just going to get worse.
    They're going to put new gear in regardless of any level increase or not. Grind for new level 115 gear or grind for new level 120 gear, the workload is the same. The only difference is that we will be gaining the new five levels as we grind, instead of grinding new gear just for the sake of it. When we have horizontal progression like we had through Gondor, the temptation is there to not bother, especially when it comes to alts, because why bother grinding new level X gear when you already have level X gear from a previous update that still works just fine. Example, I haven't bothered to grind N Mirkwood gear (except for a couple of quest rewards that I picked up while doing the area), because my Mordor gear still suffices for what I need.

I'm glad it's a five level increase and not ten however.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    This. Mmos are extremely mechanically driven mainly combat and gear progression focused games. There are games with superior narrative, plot and writing and actual acting... So not sure why not experience real singleplayer games for those needs of not wanting to kill something all the time...

I can only take so much button pushing killing mobs then I need a break from it all.
    I have tried treasure seeking,resource gathering, crafting and just plain map exploring to fill the void.
    Filling deeds, getting rep,acquiring essences, etc to me just gets old some days.

It sounds to me like you need to take a break from gaming all together for a little bit. "Burning out" in video games is common. In the past I have found myself getting so used to gaming that I'll either turn my PC or console on... stare at a game then say, "What am I doing? I don't need to play every day!" Just set it aside for a few days and I'm sure you'll be eager to play after that. You have the logic down though... make the game less monotonous by doing various tasks instead of the same daily routine.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

When I get like that I usually play single player games. Lately it's been Conan Exiles and Skyrim. *sigh* I wish Bethesda would get on the ball, it's been 7 years since their last Elder Scrolls game.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    When I get like that I usually play single player games. Lately it's been Conan Exiles and Skyrim. *sigh* I wish Bethesda would get on the ball, it's been 7 years since their last Elder Scrolls game.
    Well there are better games than mediocre games or bad RPGs so a lot good games to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Well there are better games than mediocre games or bad RPGs so a lot good games to choose from.
    Oh I agree, and I'm always looking!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

As long as the forces of evil keep spawning them, it is our duty to keep killing them.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    As long as the forces of evil keep spawning them, it is our duty to keep killing them.
    You guys go on ahead, I have my hands full with Lobelia.

*looks down at sig*

I enjoy questing and reading the story, but sometimes I will be too tired to concentrate on reading and then it can be fun to finish a slayer deed or two

Usually I will listen to audiobooks while doing slayer deeds, it makes it a relaxing change to my normal adventuring instead of being tedious work
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Yes, sometimes. My solution is to usually listen to music or watch tv shows/movies on my 2nd monitor. Also I have a zillion alts at different levels, areas, trait setups etc. Still, once in a while I take a mini break of a few days to do other stuff. I can usually find something I've never done for a while in-game , even playing burgs which are not my favorite class. The 2nd monitor helps immensely, if you don't have one I highly recommend it.

When it comes to quests, yes, so I don't really mind the "clean up" quests so many people cry about.

For slayer deeds, sad to say it's par for the course. I usually try TV or an audiobook.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

The grind always bothers us to a certain extent, when you reach that point, it's definitely time to slow down, find other things to do.

One of the great things about Lotro, for an MMO, there are so many other things to do in this game. I always try to take a break from doing quests/deeds when I've had my fill for a while. One of them is exploration. Just hop on your mount and take a stroll through Middle-earth, that always helps me to relax and soothes the soul. Grab an instrument and learn how to play music, join a band if that's your thing, it really is fun when they have server concerts and it helps with the "grind" repetitiveness. The festivals are always a great way to break away from the grind as well and Lotro has plenty of them and they are fun. PvPM, dungeons and skirmishes also help too.....and fishing, fishing is a great way of kicking back from the grind, find your favourite hole and cast away. One of my favourite is crafting in this game, that also helps big time with killing mobs all the time. There really is a lot you can do in this game other than killing mobs and thank goodness for that.

We all hate the grind in MMO's, it sucks but it's part of the game but for me, Lotro is a different kind of MMO. I don't really play this game for the grind or to reach level cap as fast as possible. For me, it's all about Middle-earth and the journey. So many other things you can do in this game and that's what I love about this game so much.....variety.

Good luck and have fun.
    “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door. You step into the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

~ Bilbo Baggins * J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Never. I go from alt to alt to alt, doing all the things this great game lets us do. I used to play other cRPGs, not anymore.
    Elquasso - HNT | Hendunaron - LM | Laurealasso - GRD | Malenthir - HNT | Threk - RK | Tassels - CHM (all on CRICKHOLLOW)
    Turwe - HNT | Iarlnir - CHM | Kojak - LM (all on ITHIL)

"Looks at his list of unfinished slayer deeds*.....Yep.
    Goreamir - 115 Captain | Celebourne - 95 Champion | Jinwe - 91 Hunter | Humblefoot - 77 Minstrel | Dorfus - 77 Guardian | Creonath - 58 Warden | Whippit - 40 Burglar | Stormcraban - 38 Loremaster | Thangadir - 37 Runekeeper | Jonly - 32 Beornng | Zongrul - 41 Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Linathrial View Post
    The grind always bothers us to a certain extent, when you reach that point, it's definitely time to slow down, find other things to do.

One of the great things about Lotro, for an MMO, there are so many other things to do in this game. I always try to take a break from doing quests/deeds when I've had my fill for a while. One of them is exploration. Just hop on your mount and take a stroll through Middle-earth, that always helps me to relax and soothes the soul. Grab an instrument and learn how to play music, join a band if that's your thing, it really is fun when they have server concerts and it helps with the "grind" repetitiveness. The festivals are always a great way to break away from the grind as well and Lotro has plenty of them and they are fun. PvPM, dungeons and skirmishes also help too.....and fishing, fishing is a great way of kicking back from the grind, find your favourite hole and cast away. One of my favourite is crafting in this game, that also helps big time with killing mobs all the time. There really is a lot you can do in this game other than killing mobs and thank goodness for that.

We all hate the grind in MMO's, it sucks but it's part of the game but for me, Lotro is a different kind of MMO. I don't really play this game for the grind or to reach level cap as fast as possible. For me, it's all about Middle-earth and the journey. So many other things you can do in this game and that's what I love about this game so much.....variety.

Good luck and have fun.
    last week I made fishing to 200,got the sturgeon deed completed and am now looking to start the trout deed. Also while not as serious a kill theme I have been doing the Bingo quest line. They are good for some interesting house deco. I made 115 on one character and 108 on a 2nd. I still haven't bought Mordor yet as I have so much still to see on this map.