We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Some clarifaction on the level cap increase would be nice.

See: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...-rob-ciccolini

I don't see level cap increases as an inherently bad thing in MMO's, we are playing through a theme park after all with a gear treadmill that needs to spin, but I hope some things can be made clear ahead of time.

- Is the Landscape difficulty going down or up?
    - Will the Mordor Instances scale to this new level cap? (Guessing Abyss not?)
    - LI work would be coming next year, does this mean we won't have to update our LI now with anfalas scrolls/star lits?
    - Will the item level scale linearly compared to the previous update, a la Eastern Rohan, meaning new BiS gear would be ~455. Or exponentially, a la mordor, with a new ILVL of 500+ (Or god knows how big you want to make those numbers.)
    - Are our Black Steel Keys still gonna be useful?
    - And, most importantly, what about Ash?

The last two questions specifically are related to content people pay for, I'd think it'd be fair if you atleast give us some basic insight in how those are developing and evolving going into u23.
    The road goes ever on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronimli View Post

The last two questions specifically are related to content people pay for, I'd think it'd be fair if you atleast give us some basic insight in how those are developing and evolving going into u23.
    You can ask for "at least" insight for the next 10 years, and

you will not get any reply.

Come up with some numerous 10's of millions,

buy up some of their shares,

And they will gladly give you an answer.

Until then . . .

suck it up.

A good way of doing it would just be to raise the level cap without tinkering too much with anything else, except scaling the instances up to level 120. Same gear, same essences etc. A major difference in gear stats at 120 would be very strange, and if they didn't scale the Abyss and the Mordor instances it would be very, very strange. Especially the Abyss, as it is just a few months old.
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

From a technical point of view, I expect to see item level 350 and more gold items and/or more essence slots.

I expect since they said the level cap would come with new instances that the old ones will be obsolete

We will most likely also get new lootboxes with new keys for the new level so people can pay to gear

If you think they do not devalue older instances quickly, look at Throne of Dread Terror

Oh and welcome to MMOs where the grind always exists
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Ronimli View Post

... but I hope some things can be made clear ahead of time.

Why?
    Why do you need to know?
    You may want to know, or like to know, but there really no reason you have to know.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Crit for Northern Strongholds equipment recipes is Level 349, so figure from there what new 120 equipment would be.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

- Why level cap goes up? Because there is no room to grow in terms of gear. We hit stat caps on U21.2.
    - Landscape probably stays the same in terms of difficulty. Maybe even relatively higher morale due to everyone getting boost to DPS.
    - In terms of gear, I hope they don't do massive jump on it, but devalue once again our stat values so player with current maxed mastery would only hit like 200% mastery levels on lvl 120. Leaving huge room to grow in terms of gear. I hope just 5-10ilvl jump initially, from raid gear to quest gear (teal ofc gonna still stay better). Then they have room to push it another 50-70 or so.

I hope they get rid of ash. It's failure. There should be no generic currency for every type of content. There should be specific currency for each type of content. Own currency for landscape, own currency for festivals, own currency for instances, own currency for raid. None of these should mix. Running one of these should not benefit player towards other type of content but in terms of owning finished product that helps to beat other type of content, but currency, no. Having generic currencies just means players run the most efficient/ezmode way to get the best items from content that you should exclusively run to get those items. Fallback systems are horrible. Pelennor did this close to perfect. If you don't get the item, you don't get it. No reason to baby players. Sooner we get rid of mentality of run instance xx amount of times and be guaranteed to get item faster we get rid of whole grind instance huge amounts of times for gear mentality.´

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    I expect since they said the level cap would come with new instances that the old ones will be obsolete

We will most likely also get new lootboxes with new keys for the new level so people can pay to gear

If you think they do not devalue older instances quickly, look at Throne of Dread Terror

Oh and welcome to MMOs where the grind always exists
    How did they do that? Throne stayed relevant for a year, longer than most of raid gear in this games lifespan (remember most of raid gear usually been made old after 3-4 months). 2 or 3 times updated the gear. 9 or 10 BIS items as throne origin in the end of level 105.
    Last edited by siipperi; May 20 2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Throne stayed relevant for a year, longer than most of raid gear in this games lifespan (remember most of raid gear usually been made old after 3-4 months). 2 or 3 times updated the gear. 9 or 10 BIS items as throne origin in the end of level 105.
    Add to that they had plans to scale it. I 100% heard Tybur saying so on a livestream before mordor. It was also scaleable during early Mordor beta builds.
    However , there were too many one shots due to the stat scaling ^^
    I guess they simply didn't find time to enter the raid and fine tune it , which is sad really.

Cap:

Cap increase:

LotRO cap:

Making Brides Princesses Again!

WoW Cap:

Making Brides Princesses Again!