We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tanlis View Post
    Is there any update on the plans to move the client to 64bit?

It's been discussed off and on, but it seems like it's kind of gone to the way side. While I like hearing about all the new stuff, I feel there is some technical debt that really needs to be focused on such as this. People I raid with often are having to restart their client because they can tell that their client is about to crash. I deal with textures in certain instances aren't loading(Seregost).

And beyond the technical debt, there is also the case where MacOS will be cutting off 32bit applications in the next major release. I really hope I do not have to delay updating to the new version just for LOTRO.
    New Macs will not even be using x86 processors in a few years, so that could present a much bigger challenge to anyone that hopes to still play LOTRO on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoBasilisk View Post
    New Macs will not even be using x86 processors in a few years, so that could present a much bigger challenge to anyone that hopes to still play LOTRO on a Mac.
    That's a strong assumption based on a rumor.

new lvl, new area, more money for you kk. but maybe you need to put some attention to end game and instances? and theres is nothing for one more time for the pvp part of this game. you will left that game with only players that playing their fiddles in bree.

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Thank you for letting us know about some of the plans you have for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Update 23 will also come with an instance cluster and, later in the year, a new raid. [...] Update 23 will also increase the level cap to 120.
    Albeit that we are happy to hear about the coming instance cluster - from which we hope will be more balanced that Naerband and Seregost - no-one in my raid and kinship is happy about the level cap increase. many of the players i know, are not done with finishing characters for the current raid. Some times if a raid is not doing T2CM, the raid have only 1 (one!) piece of raid armor (for 12 players), so ppl try to farming ashes to compensate your bad loot design and RGN and with family and/or job it is very hard for many to do all the grind. The new level cap means: new items, new grind and new bad loot design and new RGN.
    I can say for sure, that players like me, we maybe do not stop playing, but we will stop paying. If you only satisfy a very thin layer of the playerbase you probably should ask them to pay the bill too. Just as an example: the suggested compensation (as seen in the first beta pach notes for U 22.2) for the issue with the Abyssal tactical and healing relics make us not happy.

Beyond Update 23, we have some threads to tie off before we are done with North Rhovanion, including Gundabad, the Vales of Anduin, and landscape contiguity with Lothlórien.
    Sev~
    LANDSCAPE. CONTIGUITY. I'm so happy to hear this. I love Lord of the Rings Online, and its world. But I have to say I get extremely frustrated with how the regions are connected sometimes. Please, if you can avoid it, don't make this connection a portal. I'd really like to be able to run from Edoras to Dale. And please continue working to polish the old regions. And if you are amenable to some larger changes, consider adjusting the passes between some of the older regions.

LOTRo (and all MMOs for that matter) has always had some level of grind. However, I am VERY concerned about the grind LOTRo has introduced in the last two years. Essences are being upgraded at a break-neck speed. If you are a casual player you cannot keep up on one toon let alone alts.

I would classify myself as someone that plays for 2-3 hours in the evening and 4-5 hours on the weekends (roughly 18-25 hours per week) and I have a hard time keeping up. Mostly this is because I hate grind and would prefer to lead groups (fellows/raids).
    Dadi / Tyrlas - Arkenstone (Leader - Rare Breed Kin)
    dadislotroguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    New gear (again) and new essences (again) - 6 upgrades within 12 months really isn't good.
    Why? You realize you're not required to upgrade to a full set of new gear every time one is released, right? Especially when the differences between 330-337-340 gear, etc are so minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadislotroguides View Post
    LOTRo (and all MMOs for that matter) has always had some level of grind. However, I am VERY concerned about the grind LOTRo has introduced in the last two years. Essences are being upgraded at a break-neck speed. If you are a casual player you cannot keep up on one toon let alone alts.

I would classify myself as someone that plays for 2-3 hours in the evening and 4-5 hours on the weekends (roughly 18-25 hours per week) and I have a hard time keeping up. Mostly this is because I hate grind and would prefer to lead groups (fellows/raids).
    This debate has been conducted every year for the last 11 years of the game's history (and on most other MMOs). If you are a casual player, you don't need a full suite of 340+ essences to run all the content in the game. Pick one source of 115 gear, run it until you have a set (or mix and match), and have fun. I have run Abyss PUGs and every FI and current instance with very modest gear from playing a lot less than you do.

Don't fixate on the upgrades, just play the content.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

Cheers for a level increase!! I love seeing that blue experience bar at the bottom of the screen and watching it creep up. Thank you for this and all the creative work!! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    Why? You realize you're not required to upgrade to a full set of new gear every time one is released, right? Especially when the differences between 330-337-340 gear, etc are so minor.
    Think of it as climbing a mountain. You might enjoy and focus on the climb for a while but eventually you want to reach the summit, if only for a short while.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Wagoo View Post
    I'm calling it here: Minas Morgul's gonna be part of an expansion. Instead of a quest pack, it's gonna come with Nurn as well, with Shelob's tunnels now including an exit to the place, besides the obvious landscape entrance.
    Out of SSG’s games, you’d think DDO would be the one to get an Underdark expansion.

At this point with all the “Spider Queen” references in-game, are we going to find Shelob or Lolth hiding down there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dadislotroguides View Post

A casual player can get some fairly substantial pieces from questing 106-115 (and 340 gear in new zone). Essences themselves are not as easy, but Dark essence drops are still a thing.

Biggest problem is crystals & scrolls. Especially now the CoS runs have been killed.

What about improving graphic quality of the UI? It's got issues at 1200 and about unplayable at 2160.
    Roll/Pass, catering to the lowest denominator 1 bad idea at a time.

Given that we're already at the Lonely Mountain, I assume this means we'll be delving deeper? I like the sound of that. The current explorable interior space might barely match Thorin's hall (with the rep/festival areas). With so many dwarf halls finally getting their due, it's only right that each showcase vast, distinct identities.

I also wouldn't mind some premium housing in Erebor or the Iron Hills (though my four kinhouses and one personal house in Belfalas might disagree).

Question: is there a (tentative) timetable for U23? Quite some things are mentioned as being planned after U23, but still in 2018, so that should put U23 in August/September?

I also like the upcoming level cap change. It is true that the amount of new upgrades, especially essences, have been more frequent these past months than in the pre-Mordor era, but in my opinion this caters to both casual and more 'hardcore' players: casuals know that whenever they log in, they have something nice to work towards to improve their alts which does not take insane amounts of time (i have an essence mix ranging from empowered shadow essences to northern kingdom ones but I don't feel obliged at all to fill all spots with northern kingdom essences) while enjoying all the quests, keeping up with the episodic ones and the festivals. And with some of the upcoming plans (more instances that are also playable solo or in small groups, more episodic content, landscape revisions et cetera) there's a lot for casuals in store.
    On the other hand, if I remember times where I considered myself as more of a 'hardcore' player, you used to be done with content and 'easy to get' upgrades within a matter of one or at most 2 weeks and all you could do in the 2-3 months after that was playing an insane daily grind for relative minor upgrades ór play some instances / raids over and over to maybe be so lucky to get a few shiny new pieces of top equipment. I feel that now, there's more to get every month from playing instances/raids/dailies. There should be a more frequent feeling of progression. And sure, there's also a bit more 'bookkeeping' to do to keep up with all the new options for your builds, but I think that most hardcore MMO players do not have a serious problem with that.

The only thing we'll have to find out about this new level cap increase is if it will make all obtained 115 items (including top raid gear and nothern kingdom essences) completely obsolete or not. Only if that would be again the case (like Mordor) I could imagine some people would be slightly less motivated to play/progress content in the months just before the new update.

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCommunity View Post
    5) The more raids the better, the challenging the better, just please make sure there are not exploits for them such as Boss 2 AoM. So many people do not deserve gear from AoM clear because of how Sagrog or Fingar where farmed. It is a disgrace to real raiders that such easy exploits have been manipulated.
    I've been on break, but I wasn't aware of any exploits for Sagrog when doing the raid while there were exploits commonly used by some for bosses 1 and 3.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

How long until the next level cap? You should at least say sth like "summer" or "winter" or sth because people want to know whether to stop grinding 115 gear or not.
    Will there be a big gap between 115 raid gear and 116-120 gear? It would be a shame If the first quest gave us better gear already.. :/ Only 120 Raid/Ini gear should be better than 115 raid gear :/
    Last edited by Hildilas; May 17 2018 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post
    Thank you for letting us know about some of the plans you have for the game.

Albeit that we are happy to hear about the coming instance cluster - from which we hope will be more balanced that Naerband and Seregost - no-one in my raid and kinship is happy about the level cap increase. many of the players i know, are not done with finishing characters for the current raid. Some times if a raid is not doing T2CM, the raid have only 1 (one!) piece of raid armor (for 12 players), so ppl try to farming ashes to compensate your bad loot design and RGN and with family and/or job it is very hard for many to do all the grind. The new level cap means: new items, new grind and new bad loot design and new RGN.
    I can say for sure, that players like me, we maybe do not stop playing, but we will stop paying. If you only satisfy a very thin layer of the playerbase you probably should ask them to pay the bill too. Just as an example: the suggested compensation (as seen in the first beta pach notes for U 22.2) for the issue with the Abyssal tactical and healing relics make us not happy.
    They are doing something seriously wrong then. I have 7 characters raid geared, some of them with 2ndary raid armor and most with raid swappies. I have bartered 1-2 raid armor pieces with ash in total, because I know I get more pieces with ease and using ash for raid pieces is cheating as far as Im concerned. And I have been in this stage of gear for past 1.5 months. Raid drops pieces on extremely generous rate. Usually 2-3 pieces per raid which is stupid... Raid should drop 2-3 pieces of armor per t2cm bosses (depending on amount of bosses in raid) that WHOLE raid shares. Meaning on average player would get 0.5-1 pieces of armor per full clear depending on amount of bosses in raid.... Usually bellow 1. However ash system is ######## for raid, it allows players to get raid armors by doing non raid activity which is extremely bad for longeativity of the raid.

2 points I praise:

1) developers are working their butts off to advance the game
    2) very dynamic advances of the game, like in WoW - new levels, new game, new best in slots items, life restarts on new level, and don't look back - past is no more much relevant

Quote Originally Posted by Hallandil View Post
    Out of SSG’s games, you’d think DDO would be the one to get an Underdark expansion.

At this point with all the “Spider Queen” references in-game, are we going to find Shelob or Lolth hiding down there?

From a development and economic standpoint, it does make some amount of sense. Has DDO and LOTRO ever shared assets and/or resources, such as models?

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    I've been on break, but I wasn't aware of any exploits for Sagrog when doing the raid while there were exploits commonly used by some for bosses 1 and 3.

1 person stands in smoke wall and all adds go to them, or you exploit them off the ledge all the way in the back and all you have to do is burn sagrog down. It ignores the adds mechanics completely. Boss 3 is a joke with tanks standing in the corner of statues.

Boss 1 is the only fight that is somewhat entertaining but even that fight, position properly and the whole fight isn't experienced properly as it should be because you can get 2 of the minibosses stuck.

AoM is a serious joke for anyone who considers themselves a raider and is actually competent.

Beyond Update 23, we have some threads to tie off before we are done with North Rhovanion, including Gundabad, the Vales of Anduin, and landscape contiguity with Lothlórien.
    You, ah, forgot to mention "landscape contiguity with Lothlorien, AND Misty Mtns. Because you are, after 11 years going to FINALLY open The High Pass, RIGHT?

Cause, um, that'd be awesome. >.>

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    They are doing something seriously wrong then. I have 7 characters raid geared, some of them with 2ndary raid armor and most with raid swappies.
    It is seriously not your duty to tell them they would doing wrong. I was talking about players with kids/job/family/friends, thus stuff ppl call usually real life matters. It is neither their problem not their fault if you do not have any kind of this RL activities.
    I for myself have 6 alts geared with raid gear (3 of them did the full raid on their own), legendary essences etc. not because I'm the 24/7 raider, but because this game is pay to win. One could say, I was very "supportive" to SSG. For sure, it was my choice to shorten the grind this way.

[...] using ash for raid pieces is cheating as far as Im concerned.
    No one at SSG cares about what you are concerned. SSG said many times clearly that the Ash system was designed with "compensate bad RNG" in mind. That the system is a fail from player's point of view is not a question, but SSG seems to got enough money from it to hire more developers.

Raid drops pieces on extremely generous rate. Usually 2-3 pieces per raid which is stupid... Raid should drop 2-3 pieces of armor per t2cm bosses (depending on amount of bosses in raid) that WHOLE raid shares. Meaning on average player would get 0.5-1 pieces of armor per full clear depending on amount of bosses in raid.... Usually bellow 1. However ash system is ######## for raid, it allows players to get raid armors by doing non raid activity which is extremely bad for longeativity of the raid.
    I did a lots of random raids on T2 without challenge. The drop rate of raid armor is under RNG. I've seen 5 pieces and I've seen only one from the non challenge chest. If someone is running only in a constant raid, the raid can distribute the loot, so it is much easier to get equipment. If a player get in two full clears only on piece, that would mean a minimum of 120 full clear runs (12x5x2) until the raid is fully equipped with only one set! You really should do some simple math before you suggest something.
    I know you well, you are one of the very first persons who always come to the forum and telling everybody how easy and boring everything is. Well ... i won't ask you, why you then play this game, because SSG needs you. SSG need ppl like you, so they can clap themselves on the back, how great they are doing. But be not surprised, if i will tell you every time, how wrong you (and they) are.

Quote Originally Posted by kaligatoras View Post
    new lvl, new area, more money for you kk. but maybe you need to put some attention to end game and instances? and theres is nothing for one more time for the pvp part of this game. you will left that game with only players that playing their fiddles in bree.
    Perhaps you missed the part where they said there would be new end game instances, a new raid, scaling seasonal instances, and that they're still working on PvP updates?
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

Most of this sounds good, but disappointed to see another level cap added again so soon. I hope this isn't an indication of a return to adding level cap increases too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    Most of this sounds good, but disappointed to see another level cap added again so soon. I hope this isn't an indication of a return to adding level cap increases too often.
    Probably to wipe a bunch of annoying class set bonuses from the game, including some that aren't earnable anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast