We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Better late than never?

Interesting.

Since you are now talking about allowing soloists to experience( at least a portion of )the new content,
    which hasn't been a noticable consideration since the Mordor launch,
    I'm guessing the earlier-than-planned level raise is to allow any surviving soloists through Mordor?

Well, *I'm* still around, so there must always be SOME hope, I guess.

Time will tell.

Not another level increase!

Enough the the level cap increases!! Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to constantly grind because each time you reach a level cap, it goes up a month or so later. Not everyone makes this game a full time job, you know! I would love to level up other classes, but I don't have the time because it's all i can do just to keep one toon at max level with good enough gear for raids. I don't have more time to give! Seriously!!

SSG sucking the life out of lotro

How do you ensure the maximum revenue without investing anything in a game? Answer you put all the high end gear in loot boxes forcing players to spend real money buying keys from the cash shop then instead of adding new content you repeatably raise the level cap making all previous gear grinds / purchases obsolete. Turbine dumped lotro because the cost of making new content and fixing all the major performance issues with the game outstripped the profit margin so SSG was formed to milk its player base of their hard earned cash before they inevitably realise the game will never be anything more than just a cash cow for SSG.

Have been in and out of the game last few years, i'm assuming cap increase means LI legacies and DPS get a few more tiers?

i d love to see the new areas opening n i ll welcome more
    tho others dont like it i have no prob with more lvls or solo friendy content
    what i need to say is no more essences! use crafting this time!
    let the best armour be crafted n forget this stupid essence system that driving players away from game!
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I like that we are going to connect newer areas with Lothlorien

also I myself like that we get new level cap to 120, Its nice to gear up at the current level cap but not for too long
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by tanlis View Post
    Is there any update on the plans to move the client to 64bit?

It's been discussed off and on, but it seems like it's kind of gone to the way side. While I like hearing about all the new stuff, I feel there is some technical debt that really needs to be focused on such as this. People I raid with often are having to restart their client because they can tell that their client is about to crash. I deal with textures in certain instances aren't loading(Seregost).

And beyond the technical debt, there is also the case where MacOS will be cutting off 32bit applications in the next major release. I really hope I do not have to delay updating to the new version just for LOTRO.
    I think they really need to address this. Crashing using the recommended performance settings is now following new content...yes they could get away with Minas Tirith excuse that they overdid it and should of toned it down, but I get the same crashes using the recommended detected settings with the latest content update...and I'm just talking about normal landscape play following the quest lines. If I don't proactively turn down my settings from the detected, I will experience multiple crashes through playing the content in a 2-4 playtime. If a 64bit client is the core at fixing this, then they simply must invest the resources into it making it happen.

It is crazy to think its acceptable to provide such an experience without a dedicated commitment to fixing it (it's been the same song and dance when asked about 64bit client).

Imagine a movie theater where a circuit blew every 45-90 minutes during the movie...imagine driving a car that overheated every 60 miles, and you had to pull over for 15 minutes to let it cool down, imagine your local bank having a debit machine that seems to be out of service at least once a month.

It gets to the point where you would wonder how a business could ignore infrastructure to the point it regularly fails. How much aggrovation you put on yourself every time you go down the road in that car. And how much your bank really doesn't give a ####.

I want my world.
    /faint

Quote Originally Posted by mattsonofsteve View Post
    Have been in and out of the game last few years, i'm assuming cap increase means LI legacies and DPS get a few more tiers?
    I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I hope not.
    This will probably be the case, as with previous level caps there have been this.

Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    This will probably be the case, as with previous level caps there have been this.

Honestly ILI cap increases will probably kill the game for me. I can deal with just getting a few virtues, not having all trait points but not with only having ILI free legacy levels. Not since Mordor.

Honestly ILI cap increases will probably kill the game for me. I can deal with just getting a few virtues, not having all trait points but not with only having ILI free legacy levels. Not since Mordor.
    I'll just make a random guess: The ILI system will get revamped together with the levelcap rise to 120.
    Either people will get a catch-up-system, or crystals will have a smaller impact on higher ranks, which allows people to be okay with only free ranks. Something obviously needs to happen with the ILI system and a levelcap raise is the right time to do it. A maxxed out weapon should not have more than 20% more dps than one at max free ranks, just from main legacy.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

I hope not.
    I'm confused and maybe don't understand the LI system fully but why when area mobs will be increasing in level and HP in the new areas, why wouldn't you want your weapon to be able to do more damage? If LI weapons don't increase in DPS and more tiers(is that the correct term?) for legacies, surely there will be a point where rewards/drops/crafted will have higher dps?

Weren't imbued LI suppose to grow with us?

Thank you for this update. As someone who played in beta, but recently took a year off this all sounds very promising.

For me, the "MMO" definition is all about the community, chatting and the auction house. The focus in-game is the story, sights, sounds, and discovery. I will never do group questing as it breaks the flow of the game for me, but I do enjoy chatting with others while I meander through the landscape. To be honest, I thought about coming back a few times, but the stories coming out of Mordo simply pushed me away (not solo friendly). I'm hopeful the level increase and a few other tweaks will make that zone more enjoyable, but I'll take my time to get there...plenty of discovery between me and it to go.

Thank you again.

~Jerry
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

I'm confused and maybe don't understand the LI system fully but why when area mobs will be increasing in level and HP in the new areas, why wouldn't you want your weapon to be able to do more damage? If LI weapons don't increase in DPS and more tiers(is that the correct term?) for legacies, surely there will be a point where rewards/drops/crafted will have higher dps?

yep!
    the LIs suppose to grow with us......
    but its the grind to reach the higher lvl of the LI toooo much!
    then if you want to participate in PVP n end game content as raids you need to grind so MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!
    all this grinding driving the base of the players away....
    there are only limited hardcore players that r playing raid now
    after 11 years in game most of us the old timers we r having famillys, work n life!
    i enjoy this game so much but cant spend all my time to grind that much so i can participate in the end game content.........
    DEVs you have to do something about this........
    you cant attract new players anymore
    20 years lotr enthousiast, 11 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I want my weapon to do more damage but am not interested in grinding all the required crystals and scrolls. It is not that the ILI will grow with us automatically which would be fine, it' the ILI will grow with us if we do boring, repetitive content we are just not interested in or pay with real money. Can you see the difference?

I want my weapon to do more damage but am not interested in grinding all the required crystals and scrolls. It is not that the ILI will grow with us automatically which would be fine, it' the ILI will grow with us if we do boring, repetitive content we are just not interested in or pay with real money. Can you see the difference?
    Yeah, gotcha mate.
    I was under the false impression that we would just get more levels auto unlocked and i could just deconstruct the 7 or so other LIs i had maxed to turn into heaps of ixp and then just dump them on my LI to max it out. Didn't know it was going to be gated behind crystals and scrolls. What a ####-fight, sounds like its time to ditch my LI and switch to my crafted axe.

RIP lotro 2007-2013 you once were a AAA MMO and a dang good one at that.

The game became an unnecessary grind p2w fest, Freep godmode in pvmp, Unbalanced freep classes, destroyed classes with the Helms deep trait trees, added more grind with trait points and so many level caps. I wish you were bought out by a competent company with alot of resources. All of my friends are gone, time for me to join them. I've put plenty of money into this game but no more. You gave me 6 years of enjoyment but also 5 years of hoping things would change. May all who've already left RIP and to all the creeps and freeps who no longer play till next time mates.
    Last edited by KiwiCommander; Jun 29 2018 at 03:21 AM.
    Elendilmir - Korthallion - Southern Cross /// Crickhollow - Kortahl, Korthillion - The Dark legion /// Kornakhas,Korburzluk,Korbashbu rz,Kortdogestyle,kornquickscop ermlg,kornslurpyourblood -Down In The Crickhollow ///Arkenstone Kornslurpyouup -TwoDollaHoardale

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post

One of the longer-term requests we have heard from you is a desire to take a holistic look at our ten classes. This allows us to improve all of our classes in a shorter time frame and better balance power and group utility in a more responsive way. You can expect the first wave of class adjustments to happen in the coming months, and continue for some time to come.

Sev~
    All but beor....
    I call all this a lie/ like all talk and promises you give us before about that class/ until i see it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    All but beor....
    I call all this a lie/ like all talk and promises you give us before about that class/ until i see it done.
    You should learn what "long-term" means in general.

However, in this case, they said they'd be releasing multiple balance patches over the coming updates that will focus on certain classes each time, and after that's done, creeps will take a next look.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3