We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can I change my mouse cursor characteristics?

I broke my laptop screen and until I get another screen, I've been using my TV as a monitor. The only problem is that my eyes haven't adapted well to the change. I have trouble finding where my cursor is on the screen. I run my mouse back and forth just to locate the cursor. In instances or raids it's not as much of a problem as it is in the moors when you have to be quick with skills and you get a little panicky. I know there's a preference.ini file that has mouse variables, because I've changed the turn rate on my mouse but I can't find anything in there to change the size or color. It would probably be helpful if it was 3 times as large and glowing orange or maybe just black. Maybe there's a variable I can add to that file. Anyone know if this can be done somehow?
    Tedemir - 115 Champion, Historian, Rank 13 / Azuriael - 115 Lore-Master, Tinker, Rank 6 / Kowalah - 115 Captain, Metalsmith, Rank 8 / Rackusho - 115 Guardian, Tinker, Rank 8
    You Tube Channel
    Twitch Channel

You could try this plug-in - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...useFinder.html I find it useful even on my 1080p monitor.

As far as I know there is no built-in functionality to do what you want. The closest I've come is the plugin Mouse Cursor Highlighter Advanced, with the last image (the golden ring). Effectively I've got a golden ring on screen, around the size of my thumb nail, which is centered on the mouse's hotspot. As I move the mouse (no buttons clicked) it acts as the old "mouse trail" functionality of Windows; the golden ring leaving a trail of images behind the cursor's path. With either button pressed, the mouse pointer disappears -but not the golden ring- and the ring becomes fixed in place. No you can look (left button) or change direction (right button), normally.

The plugin's instructions give info on how you could create and use a custom image if you don't like any of the included images.

I downloaded both plugins but I couldn't get the MouseCursorHA plugin to work. The problem is there where no options available. I downloaded older versions and even debugged one line. I've seen the options screen and it looks like you can change colors and add images. I could even try adding an image of a large mouse cursor but alas the options panel was blank, I don't know why.

The MouseFinder plugin worked. I wasn't excited to have a circle around the cursor. I call it my training wheel. It draws my attention enough and seems to work so I went with that.
    Tedemir - 115 Champion, Historian, Rank 13 / Azuriael - 115 Lore-Master, Tinker, Rank 6 / Kowalah - 115 Captain, Metalsmith, Rank 8 / Rackusho - 115 Guardian, Tinker, Rank 8
    You Tube Channel
    Twitch Channel

We should not have to use third party assists to change the cursor.
    This has come up a few times over the years. A few times, over 11 some years. So most players don't have an issue or it became moot.

Personally, I would REALLY APPRECIATE mouse cursor options.

Either it is just not on the to-do list or it is too problematic. Anybody care to speculate?

Cheers

This may be helpful even though it's not what you were asking...

In Windows Mouse Settings under Cursor Options there's a checkbox "Show Location of Pointer When I Press CNTL". That will cause a shrinking circle animation to play at the pointer location when you press CNTL. Easier than wiggling the mouse to find the cursor.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com