We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning player once again finding that magic

So its been approximately eight years since i last played LOTRO due to work commitments and other circumstances, but, last week I thought Id re- download it and give it another go. Having bought the VIP membership when it was available I saw no reason why I shouldnt give it a second go as it wasnt costing me anything. I can honestly say i am so pleased i did! I had genuinely forgotten how atmospheric and fulfilling this game was. Ive re-rolled some new characters and am currently working my way through the first book and really enjoying re-visiting middle earth. Getting to grips with some of the changes was a challenge at first, and I feel that some of the comments i see on the world chat have devolved somewhat to sort of thing you see on other MMO games but that can be ignored quite easily. All in all I am happy I decided to come back! How many more returning players are there out there?

Hello and welcome back!

I too returned from a rather lengthy hiatus about two months ago and I can say I am extremely glad I did. I started a new character to re-adjust to life in LOTRO. A Minstrel. It's been a blast and coupling it with the "Stone Of The Tortoise" I am able to enjoy every aspect of every area Middle-Earth has to offer. I played the game very shortly after release for years... took a break... and now that I am back I am a happy camper.

If you need a hand with anything and you happen to be on Brandywine look me up.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

I'm in the same, or similar boat. My only real frustration is that I'm outlevelling interesting content like mad! I kinda wish I never left, but it's nice having a lot to chew on all over again.
    Belthandir of Elendilm... err Gladden
    10x Guardian/Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by Mithwindras View Post
    I'm in the same, or similar boat. My only real frustration is that I'm outlevelling interesting content like mad! I kinda wish I never left, but it's nice having a lot to chew on all over again.
    "Stone Of The Tortoise". Best store purchase I have obtained. When I created this character upon returning to game a couple of months ago I bought this right away and it has been awesome. When I am nearing the point of out-levelling content in an area I just equip this item for a while. This allows me to finish up quests, deeds, etc., before I decide to continue my adventure.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine