We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    Another thing for the launcher: an option for to remember the entered password. This would also be very convenient.
    The reason this is not done in the gaming world is because of "My little Brother did it!".

Quote Originally Posted by Milii View Post
    The reason this is not done in the gaming world is because of "My little Brother did it!".
    Exactly !

Far too many "oh my drunk best friend thought it was funny to get into an argument on World chat and then send tells to the GM who got involved and didn't really mean to call them faceless right wing fascists.....please can I have my account un banned?"

Far too much overhead for poor little SSG to cope with
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Continuing in the contiguous maps discussion, I would ask for Ettenmoor to get 3 real world entrances.

North to gundabad when it is developed in coming months.
    East to Northern Mirkwood
    South West into the weather hills.

To be clear, this is not expecting for creeps to be let out of Ettenmoor (except north to Gundabad maybe) but to allow for complete fleshing out and discovery of the map as we know it. I hate that Etten is completely instanced off because we know it is in the real game world somewhere because creeps have escaped in the long distant past. (to their doom)
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

After several years of campaigning ... kinships!
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins

A user friendly Kin Alliance System where where two or more kins can form an alliance and the following happens:

a) An alliance chat channel appears ./alliance to which only members of kins within the alliance have access to (with stand out colour as default)

b) Alliance Members show up in Kin social panel (even if anonymous like kin social panel). Blue for Kinnies, Green/Purple for Alliance.

c) All members of the alliance are able to port to any alliance kin house, but permissions remain as is (separate) to avoid any unnecessary drama

My thinking is this will encourage more grouping and social atmosphere between like minded kins (something that already happens on discord, but should be brought into game). There are a lot of kins out there with only a handful of players that would benefit from this system.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone | Rainbows & Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Milii View Post
    You can't state that as a fact. I have 6 games on my pc and 3 of those have that option.
    Lotro-Wiki Editor; Maintaining: Stat caps

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    Another thing for the launcher: an option for to remember the entered password. This would also be very convenient.
    You may already be aware, and this isn't an "option for the launcher". . . but there's a way to save your password (and username).

1. Make a copy of your existing LotRO desktop shortcut.
    2. Rename that new shortcut so that it refer to the account/character you'll be playing.
    3. Right-click the shortcut and choose "properties."
    4. On the "Shortcut" tab of the Properties window, note the "Target field" with the following (Including quotes! Exact path on your system may differ!): "C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online\TurbineInvoker.exe"
    5. At the end of the "Target" field, after the closing quotes, append: -username youractualusername -password youractualpassword
    6. When finished, it should read something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online\TurbineInvoker.exe" -username bilbobaggins -password G0llumSt1nks!

When you use this new customized shortcut to launch the game, you'll find it bypasses all authentication and takes you directly to the "Choose a world" selection.

Be aware: This makes your password much more vulnerable to being compromised by malware or even just a nefarious person in your house who sits down at your computer momentarily. They could easily right-click the shortcut, choose properties, and view your password.

--H
    Last edited by Hurin; May 22 2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    You may already be aware, and this isn't an "option for the launcher". . . but there's a way to save your password (and username).

1. Make a copy of your existing LotRO desktop shortcut.
    2. Rename that new shortcut so that it refer to the account/character you'll be playing.
    3. Right-click the shortcut and choose "properties."
    4. On the "Shortcut" tab of the Properties window, note the "Target field" with the following (Including quotes! Exact path on your system may differ!): "C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online\TurbineInvoker.exe"
    5. At the end of the "Target" field, after the closing quotes, append: -username youractualusername -password youractualpassword
    6. When finished, it should read something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online\TurbineInvoker.exe" -username bilbobaggins -password G0llumSt1nks!

When you use this new customized shortcut to launch the game, you'll find it bypasses all authentication and takes you directly to the "Choose a world" selection.

Be aware: This makes your password much more vulnerable to being compromised by malware or even just a nefarious person in your house who sits down at your computer momentarily. They could easily right-click the shortcut, choose properties, and view your password.

--H
    Thank you very much! That works like a charm. And no I'm not in danger in anyway here.
    Lotro-Wiki Editor; Maintaining: Stat caps

Quote Originally Posted by Hammadryad View Post
    Go back to before Skill Trees so that we could use the skills we wanted and get the bonuses attached to them instead of having to use skills we hate and don't want to use, just to get skill points to spend on skills we do want to use! Pre Skill Trees, class deeds rewarded you for the skills you used with bonuses to those skills and didn't make you use skills you didn't want. For example, why is my Lore Master having to to heal a pet in Blue Line hundreds of times, to get skill points to spend on Lightning skills in Red Line?
    THIS! I quit years ago when the trees came out even though I had been playing since 2007, and just installed the game again to check it out.
    Thankfully I have forgotten all my skills so coming back to trait trees again is like ignorance is bliss.
    Azulia|Azabella|Azzaya|Izarah| Azza|

I don't have 1, I have 2!
    Trait Trees and LI's.

Just drop the lag in Mount Doom and all will be Raincorns and Unibows once again.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hammadryad View Post
    Go back to before Skill Trees so that we could use the skills we wanted and get the bonuses attached to them instead of having to use skills we hate and don't want to use, just to get skill points to spend on skills we do want to use! Pre Skill Trees, class deeds rewarded you for the skills you used with bonuses to those skills and didn't make you use skills you didn't want. For example, why is my Lore Master having to to heal a pet in Blue Line hundreds of times, to get skill points to spend on Lightning skills in Red Line?
    well ok if you want only 5 traits and 3 legendary traits... and skills that stop at level 83

with the ones from level 65+(?) being only improved skills you got when you were 50

You could go to bullroarer and autolevel a toon by 5 levels at a time to see when you stop getting skills that aren't from a tree, if you wanted.
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

Add one button to the instance launcher that is only armed for the fellowship/raid leader.

RESET

When pushed it accomplishes the same thing as disbanding and reforming the group. Except you don't actually have to disband and reform the group.

Remove mounted combat, and every trace of the fact that it ever existed in the game.
    Reopen this thread.

Fix Minas Tirith so my client doesn't crash every time I go there. And maybe Bree, which is starting to be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervorin View Post
    Add one button to the instance launcher that is only armed for the fellowship/raid leader.

RESET

When pushed it accomplishes the same thing as disbanding and reforming the group. Except you don't actually have to disband and reform the group.
    Yes please to this!
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3