We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If you won a competition to get one thing changed....What?

Something made me think during the anniversary interviews about SSG maybe doing a competition and for the winner to get one quality of life / bug of their choice worked on and fixed.
    It can't be anything fundamental, like server or class related but some bug that keeps getting overlooked for more important things.

What would be you choice for QoL/bug if you won the fantasy competition?

My initial thought would be (I reserve the right to change my mind) to allow outside housing items to be moved around.
    I know there is issues with people encroaching out of their areas and having floating items but I think it could be sorted with some thought. Maybe disable vertical movement for outside items and when you enter decorating mode outside, an invisible wall will surround your property limits and therefore not allow you to move items outside your limits. As soon as decorating mode is off the invisible walls drop. Voila
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Initial Loading screen audio levels, and the Epic Story Movies - the sound is beyond brutal
    Last edited by Skoch; May 16 2018 at 02:44 AM.

"Connexion established"

I had just mentioned this in another thread in suggestions a couple of days ago. Get rid of that stupid garden in Michel Delving with the server names. I cannot think of a worst place to put it.

Seriously, what was Turbine thinking?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Adding a new hobby!

The bidding system of the auction house (still) doesn't work, right? I hope it can be fixed.

Go back to before Skill Trees so that we could use the skills we wanted and get the bonuses attached to them instead of having to use skills we hate and don't want to use, just to get skill points to spend on skills we do want to use! Pre Skill Trees, class deeds rewarded you for the skills you used with bonuses to those skills and didn't make you use skills you didn't want. For example, why is my Lore Master having to to heal a pet in Blue Line hundreds of times, to get skill points to spend on Lightning skills in Red Line?

a total overhaul to modern graphics
    My Lotro blog :)

~ Restore the Stats cap.

~ The Significant over-haul of the PVMP Region ~ The Ettenmoors.

~ Erase the Osgiliath PVMP zone

~ Remove the Acquisition of Renown/Infamy points from Quests. Old School System. Pre Rise of Isengard Era. No commendations/Disable Audacity.

~ Substantial increase of CD and decrease of the attack speed/Damage and healing potency in PVE/PVMP which is far from possible at the current stage of the game which would ultimately require complete overlook of the essence gear,Legendary weapons/Trait Tree system and so on..

~ Limit the Crafting Profession of the Halfings to Cooking/Farming exclusively. Yeoman/Cook

~ A new Monster class: Angmarim Lore-Master/Sorcerer
    Uruk Beresrker/Blade-Master.

~ Revamp of the High Elven Racial passives and Certain skills.

Probable in theory but ultimately Impossible ~ {Vanilla Server} 100% untouched. The exact copy of 2008 Game. Update 13-15.

~ The Books shall be group based once again. We are not Maia or Beings of Supreme Angelic power > The inspiration buff must be removed.

~ Thrice the difficulty of the Landscape ~ The levelling within Udun/Dor Amarth was Perfect from Level 106 - 110. Post 112+ Easy Mode. 115 , No comment.

~ Abandon the idea of Re-Scaling the old Instances, rather release the new ones. I would rather have additional have the extra new instance every 10 levels ,than replaying Fornost for years. Level ,65,75,85,95,100,105,115. Tis ongoing for seven years+

~ Skirmishes/Big Battles must go, Skirmishes are the extra tedious grind, An enclosed instance which requires to slay the amount of xy Mobs and Capture
    the particular point , The return of the classic instances.

~ Big Battles are boring,stuttering ,mess , one can go Semi AFK and let the traps do the work, I admire the effort , ideas and the work, but I am here to present my brutaly sincere options and I would delete them immediately. Open the doors to new creative ideas.

~ The Return of the Rare Elites/Signatures in Each zone, aka the Shard Droppers.

~ The old School crafting system. Five times slower,Feels rewarding and accomplishing. Rare items dropped from certain foes found within Old Eriador/Moria

~ Say Far-thee-well to the Finesse rating.

~ The Alternative solution ~ Nerfing the Legacies of every single class, Potency is over-whelming. For example Champion's Critical Multiplier must be halved or Hunter's Burn hot -50% Minimum.

~ Add the Lore hunt/Pages in every major region.

~ The Return of the Items with superb description and the interpretation of every Slayer Deed in each zone ,as well as Exploration deeds.

~ Immersion,Game-play,Leave graphics.

~ The Combination of Angmar's Vanilla Difficulty/Moria's Legendary items,Siege of Mirkwood raid quality,Ost Dunhoth /Barad Guldur 2010/2011 was the Perfect mix of Challenge and rewards or Quality of Moria/Vanilla instances.

~ Pre Mirkwood Combat system, Weapons have the speed 3,4. 1.5 2.0. Daggers are the fastest, Two Handed Axes are the slowest type of Weapon.

~ Legendary Weapons adjustments/improvements ~

3rd Age weapons are rewarded by hitting the Kindred/Ally stats with unique Reputation faction: They are the common drop and everyone shall posses one or several more.

2nd age weapons are rare and far more difficult to obtain. There are no more Deed/quests/Instance/meta-Deeds or Epic Book rewarding weapons. It makes no sense. 3000 years old weapons shall require Symbol which is obtainable only from Tier II 6 man instances and drops only once per run, tis not guaranteed, low chance to drop or Raids, only Tier II. Medium Drop chance.

Limit the amount of 2nd and 1st age weapons for Account/Character. 1st Age weapon only, be that primary weapon or Secondary {Rune,Satchel}

First Age weapons are the incomparable extraordinary priceless relics of the Elder days of Arda. One First age weapon per Character. It can not be sold/traded with others.

The First weapons do not drop by default, only Symbol and Symbol cannot be sold/traded in any way imaginable. 1 Month Cooldown for Crafting.

The return of Level 65 Raiding system. 1st age Symbol drops only from Raids, Tier II/Tier IIc One player shall obtain the symbol. Bind on Acquire, Weapon is Bind on Acquire. 1 First age weapon per Character. If you delete it, 1 month before you can eventually create another.

First Age symbol drops only from Tier II raids and the most difficult challenges/foes/Ancient Evil. Ask yourself how many players shall have the most powerful weapons ever designed? Very few. I loved the Moria of the past, when First age dropped insanely low from Watcher and Watcher only, One could not craft them either. Less than 0,001% have had the First Age Artefact per server.

Hm, tis another idea, perhaps it would be even wise to remove the ability to even craft them,but that's bit to "inappropriate"

There are so many more ideas/opinions/wishes I wish to state, but time is of the essence.

Vanya Sulie , Randir.
    Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; May 16 2018 at 07:29 AM.
    Vanyalanthiriel Vanimelda ~ The Radiant Star Queen of Calacyira ~The Flame Imperishable Greatest of all time for Ages&Arda beyond.
    The Ascended Mastery.Beyond comprehension Tier level of Greatness ~ Super Genius. Read my Biography.

I'd make them change all stacking of things from additive to multiplicative. There are many ways to do the change and some dont even require much coding change.
    Together with that, I'd make them put strong DR on all stats and end Caps.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Hire this dude SSG: Vanyaerunanethiel

Do what he says/writes

Commander Emaldiom [EN] Eldar - Challenger of Saruman - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    Yadda yadda yadda.
    That was long winded but a very good read. It made me realize a few things that I have overlooked before.

Nicely done.
    "In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit."
    Elrendoes - 106 Warden // Elrendos - 76 Hunter // Elrendose - 69 Minstrel
    <- Goblin's For Hire ->
    Brandywine

An un-vamp of the threat system.

Tank threat based on their damage with a modifier, when tanks have to build for avoidance and mitigations and morale? Taunts turned into a threat copy + huge modifier making their CDs and much of the older scaled instance mechanics redundant.

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by NImlonda View Post
    Hire this dude SSG: Vanyaerunanethiel

Do what he says/writes

Don't. Some good some bad, yeah. I minor class balance has everyone in a panic, this upheaval would be too much.

Mac
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    when tanks have to build for avoidance and mitigations and morale?
    Like now?

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    Something made me think during the anniversary interviews about SSG maybe doing a competition and for the winner to get one quality of life / bug of their choice worked on and fixed.
    It can't be anything fundamental, like server or class related but some bug that keeps getting overlooked for more important things.

What would be you choice for QoL/bug if you won the fantasy competition?

My initial thought would be (I reserve the right to change my mind) to allow outside housing items to be moved around.
    I know there is issues with people encroaching out of their areas and having floating items but I think it could be sorted with some thought. Maybe disable vertical movement for outside items and when you enter decorating mode outside, an invisible wall will surround your property limits and therefore not allow you to move items outside your limits. As soon as decorating mode is off the invisible walls drop. Voila
    Actually a very simple way to accomplish that would be to eliminate the "hooks" altogether and let the owner drop items where THEY want to as long as it is placed within the boundries of the property (inside or outside). Add collusion detection routines to make sure items don't "touch" anything else (ie: item movement would stop if you tried to move it thru a floor or would not drop if it would trigger a collusion), maybe a toggle to turn collusion detection on/off? We were doing this back in the early 2000's on old VRML-based 3D chat communities, I am sure the programmers at LOTRO could implement this quite easily if they chose too
    "Life is a pretty boring game, but at least it has good graphics"

Love these ideas and long been advocating for them myself for forever:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    • Restore the Stats cap.
    • The Significant over-haul of the PVMP Region ~ The Ettenmoors. MY NOTE: PUt EC and OC back where they were. Remove backdoors from keeps. Remove OP's. FIX THE LAG
    • Erase the Osgiliath PVMP zone
    • Remove the Acquisition of Renown/Infamy points from Quests. Old School System. Pre Rise of Isengard Era. No commendations/Disable Audacity.
    • Substantial increase of CD and decrease of the attack speed/Damage and healing potency in PVE/PVMP
    • Say Far-thee-well to the Finesse rating.
    • Immersion,Game-play,Leave graphics. *I interpreted this to mean that the graphical level of the engine will suffice, please concentration on performance. I agree with this.
    • Add the Lore hunt/Pages in every major region.
    • The Combination of Angmar's Vanilla Difficulty/Moria's Legendary items,Siege of Mirkwood raid quality,Ost Dunhoth /Barad Guldur 2010/2011 was the Perfect mix of Challenge and rewards or Quality of Moria/Vanilla instances.
    ** I'd add, remove the LI system. Kill it if you have to.

Like these ideas too, but can live without them:
    • A new Monster class: Angmarim Lore-Master/Sorcerer & Uruk Beresrker/Blade-Master.
    • Probable in theory but ultimately Impossible ~ {Vanilla Server} 100% untouched. The exact copy of 2008 Game. Update 13-15.
    • The Books shall be group based once again. We are not Maia or Beings of Supreme Angelic power > The inspiration buff must be removed.
    • Thrice the difficulty of the Landscape ~ The levelling within Udun/Dor Amarth was Perfect from Level 106 - 110. Post 112+ Easy Mode. 115 , No comment.
    • Abandon the idea of Re-Scaling the old Instances, rather release the new ones. I would rather have additional have the extra new instance every 10 levels ,than replaying Fornost for years. Level ,65,75,85,95,100,105,115. Tis ongoing for seven years+
    • Skirmishes/Big Battles must go, Skirmishes are the extra tedious grind, An enclosed instance which requires to slay the amount of xy Mobs and Capture
      the particular point , The return of the classic instances.
    • Big Battles are boring,stuttering ,mess , one can go Semi AFK and let the traps do the work, I admire the effort , ideas and the work, but I am here to present my brutaly sincere options and I would delete them immediately. Open the doors to new creative ideas.
    • The Return of the Rare Elites/Signatures in Each zone, aka the Shard Droppers.
    • The old School crafting system. Five times slower,Feels rewarding and accomplishing. Rare items dropped from certain foes found within Old Eriador/Moria
    • Pre Mirkwood Combat system, Weapons have the speed 3,4. 1.5 2.0. Daggers are the fastest, Two Handed Axes are the slowest type of Weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Like now?
    Sorry my mistake:- when tanks SHOULD be building for avoidance, mits and morale, to meet the concept of a tank not what we find in game.

Mac
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiandrial View Post
    Actually a very simple way to accomplish that would be to eliminate the "hooks" altogether and let the owner drop items where THEY want to as long as it is placed within the boundries of the property (inside or outside). Add collusion detection routines to make sure items don't "touch" anything else (ie: item movement would stop if you tried to move it thru a floor or would not drop if it would trigger a collusion), maybe a toggle to turn collusion detection on/off? We were doing this back in the early 2000's on old VRML-based 3D chat communities, I am sure the programmers at LOTRO could implement this quite easily if they chose too
    I'm sorry but this word is being abused in politics currently but I don't think you meant collusion. Collision, perhaps. I only bring it up cuz I'm giggling madly thinking about the ability to add a collusion detection to certain Washington, D.C. government offices.

Collision detection might seem like a good idea but I dunno how well that could be done, just for housing.
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

Funny how "one thing" turns into a novella. *Glares at Vanyaerunanethiel.*

Bigger wardrobe, like up to 9999 items.

Second would be flying war pigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milii View Post

Well maybe it's like what you'd wish for if you got a genie in a bottle: I'd wish for unlimited wishes. So the one thing I'd want changed is that I'm not limited to one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Milii View Post

Well maybe it's like what you'd wish for if you got a genie in a bottle: I'd wish for unlimited wishes. So the one thing I'd want changed is that I'm not limited to one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    If I had to pick ONE THING, it'd be the lag. No more hitching in Rohan and Gondor especially. No more freezes, rubberbanding and skill lock in the moors. Make the game run great again.

While I like Snowlocks "remove lag please" suggestion I think I'd go with the ability to add/replace passive stats on 2h LI's.

This way you could switch them if the focus in game play became different enough that you feel you need to get ICPR back and don't need +agi on your LM staff... without making 12 gross of LI to get the stats you feel you need.
    Sig looked hideous so I sent it to its room. It can come back and
    show off after it has thought about what it did.

This is easy! One thing to change?

The roll of Gandalf will be played by me!

/winning

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast