We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Virtue Revamp idea

So, an idea. Lots of folks hate grinding (myself included), and it takes an awful lot of grinding to get virtues up to max. On top of that, some of them aren't super useful (Honsty, as an example: +max power for its main benefit? Bleh). Here's my proposition: Instead of having each deed tied to a specific virtue, have them simply reward a virtue point that you may use to purchase a rank in whichever virtue you like. It doesn't even need to be a 1:1 ratio of points to ranks. Maybe the higher it ranks up, the more "virtue points" it costs to rank it up one step. While you're at it, maybe make a pass over the benefits the virtues award to make some of them more useful.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

This is a really good idea. The "increased virtue points per tier" part of it would naturally prevent Players from just using Ered-Luin-deeds, etc., to fill-out their virtues. The higher the tier of the virtue, the more deed-completions would be required, so that even by naturally doing all the "easy deeds" first, you'd still run-into having to do, for example, higher-tier slayer-deeds. But, you'd still be able to choose -which- slayer deeds, etc., you wanted to do, which I think would help go a long way to making the system more manageable. Also, they already nerfed some slayer-deeds.

So, really, they should have -3- types of slayer deeds: the 30 normal, 60 advanced, / the 60 normal / 120 advanced, and / the 100 normal and 200 advanced. Period. No more slayer deeds with normal slayer deed tiers of 200 and advanced tiers of 300-400 kills- which is crazy.

By keeping it this way, and consistent across all the zones and general level-ranges, and by involving higher numbers of "virtue points" needed to "advance" each chosen virtue, everyone would have to do at least some of every "tier" of slayer deed, but choose -which one's- to do. I think that would really help make the Game better. Some players might prefer slaying worms in Forochel while others might prefer fighting Orcs in Isengard, etc. So, that's a good, balanced way to handle it.

I also like the idea of making virtues more useful again.
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

That's a pretty awesome idea. Though, how would it be implemented right now? Like, would all our virtues be wiped and we'd receive....uhm, for the lack of better word, some token that'll allow us to rank up desired virtues? Or would it only count for the deeds we haven't completed?

Either way, /signed.

Quote Originally Posted by zipfile View Post
    That's a pretty awesome idea. Though, how would it be implemented right now? Like, would all our virtues be wiped and we'd receive....uhm, for the lack of better word, some token that'll allow us to rank up desired virtues? Or would it only count for the deeds we haven't completed?

Either way, /signed.
    I've imagined that they'd convert it as they did with Class Trait Points a few years ago. Previously, you did class deeds to unlock specific class traits. Now you complete the deeds to earn trait points, which go into the class trait trees. When that system went live, the class traits that we'd all earned converted into class trait points.
    Aethelbehrt ~ Captain of Landroval
    Haradwen ~ Warden of Landroval
    Zôraphel ~ Burglar of Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    So, an idea. Lots of folks hate grinding (myself included), and it takes an awful lot of grinding to get virtues up to max. On top of that, some of them aren't super useful (Honsty, as an example: +max power for its main benefit? Bleh). Here's my proposition: Instead of having each deed tied to a specific virtue, have them simply reward a virtue point that you may use to purchase a rank in whichever virtue you like. It doesn't even need to be a 1:1 ratio of points to ranks. Maybe the higher it ranks up, the more "virtue points" it costs to rank it up one step. While you're at it, maybe make a pass over the benefits the virtues award to make some of them more useful.
    This sound interesting.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~