We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

installing client

once all files are downloaded tries to patch last 5 files and makes it to 55 % and gives error
    im running win 10 with 8gb ram and a athlon II x4 cpu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHrobak View Post
    once all files are downloaded tries to patch last 5 files and makes it to 55 % and gives error
    im running win 10 with 8gb ram and a athlon II x4 cpu
    Can you tell us what the error message was (there are rather a lot of options).

Have you read Hurins thread on installing the game on Win10 systems, you may find the answer there

unknown error 0xfffffffff80043012

Seem to be a launcher error.

Have you read Hurins thread??

It has happened before, but for some reason I cann0t access the threads covering the topic; in fact I have got some screwy version of the website come up whilst trying to give you a reply.

Angry stops at 88% and no clue...

I have very bad issues too... (sorry for bad english)
    Just registered yesterday morning for this game and try to install the game since yesterday morning... I tryed 2 different launchers:
    the official one just stopes after a few minutes and does nothing. No error window or something, it just stoppes at about 5% (I did everything exactly like discribed in the Video)
    then I found another launcher of lotro with the high res already in it.. It installs, then it patches the data... BOOM! Stop at 88% and nothing more. Again no error or anything else, it just stops.... I left it running over night in hope it will work after a while, but still nothing...
    Im at a point where I'm almost saying "f**k it, I'll never play this game" and deinstall everything again, the fun is already lost before it comes to the game...

I even tryed to open the launcher twice when it comes to stop... It asks me to log in, I close the first one, enter my nickname and password, then the launcher closes and nothing happens again

Quote Originally Posted by Raenerys View Post
    I have very bad issues too... (sorry for bad english)
    Just registered yesterday morning for this game and try to install the game since yesterday morning... I tryed 2 different launchers:
    the official one just stopes after a few minutes and does nothing. No error window or something, it just stoppes at about 5% (I did everything exactly like discribed in the Video)
    then I found another launcher of lotro with the high res already in it.. It installs, then it patches the data... BOOM! Stop at 88% and nothing more. Again no error or anything else, it just stops.... I left it running over night in hope it will work after a while, but still nothing...
    Im at a point where I'm almost saying "f**k it, I'll never play this game" and deinstall everything again, the fun is already lost before it comes to the game...

I even tryed to open the launcher twice when it comes to stop... It asks me to log in, I close the first one, enter my nickname and password, then the launcher closes and nothing happens again
    Check Hurins thread to make sure you have the microsoft packages the game needs to run.

Delete all the files you have downloaded (they may be corrupted), and reboot the PC.

Switch OFF Anti virus and firewall.

Download the files via the LOTRO website.

Open the launcher and allow the updates to download and install (if any), then check to see if the game will launch.

Switch ON Anti virus and firewall.

If you have any further issues, check the above's heuristic settings to see if they are blocking lotro.exe; LOTRO changes internet protocol part way through launching the game, and this upsets a lot of security programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Check Hurins thread to make sure you have the microsoft packages the game needs to run.

Delete all the files you have downloaded (they may be corrupted), and reboot the PC.

Switch OFF Anti virus and firewall.

Download the files via the LOTRO website.

Open the launcher and allow the updates to download and install (if any), then check to see if the game will launch.

Switch ON Anti virus and firewall.

If you have any further issues, check the above's heuristic settings to see if they are blocking lotro.exe; LOTRO changes internet protocol part way through launching the game, and this upsets a lot of security programs.

Thats the thread I meant! i did it the way he says, still not working =/
    I deleted all old stuff from lotro, I switched off Ani Virus and Firewall, and so on... It still hangs at downloading the game by 1% (the first data...) I could upload a screenshot if you want
    Last edited by Raenerys; May 14 2018 at 08:48 AM.

Thats the thread I meant! i did it the way he says, still not working =/
    I deleted all old stuff from lotro, I switched off Ani Virus and Firewall, and so on... It still hangs at downloading the game by 1% (the first data...) I could upload a screenshot if you want
    Check to make sure your firewall is allowing Akamai related sources and .exe files; they handle the file downloads and sometimes (for no apparent reason), they get blocked. WHY they get blocked is very odd; because they are a massive company who do this sort of download management for many of the big names, even Microsoft at one point.

Thumbs down

Still not working... I cant find any programs of Arkamai and stuff in the Firewallapps... I allowed EVERY data I could find inthe LOTRO Stuff to pass the Firewall, still not working... there are no Files of this Akamai to allow to go throu and now I'm at the point where I give up... I was so excited to play this game, but now I have enough of all this Installing-stuff... I never had that much problems with one game before even playing!
    Totally not worthit for me anymore

Still not working... I cant find any programs of Arkamai and stuff in the Firewallapps... I allowed EVERY data I could find inthe LOTRO Stuff to pass the Firewall, still not working... there are no Files of this Akamai to allow to go throu and now I'm at the point where I give up... I was so excited to play this game, but now I have enough of all this Installing-stuff... I never had that much problems with one game before even playing!
    Totally not worthit for me anymore

I am sorry to hear that; it is very frustrating when this happens. Sadly, the game is very old, and it doesnt like Windows 10 AT ALL; every Win10 player has had issues at one time or another.

If it is any consolation, I was inconsolable when Harpoon shut its servers; I had been playing that game since the late 1980's, and never managed to finish all the content.