We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    After some consideration, we plan to remove the level 50 limit from the low-level version of the scavenger hunt. As I mentioned above, we originally placed the cap out of concern that some players would feel compelled to play the same quests twice. However, the feedback in this thread makes a compelling argument for going the other way.
    Very happy to hear this, thank you!

BR#3 Toon: My level 17 anniversary quest hunter on Account with no content and stack of MC from the Tavern...

Heat Waves will attack up to lvl 18 chars, makes going afk around party tree dangerous (wait for all the first timer posters).

Picked up 3 Year 1 Quests.

Completed - Eriador Year 1 Travels: Towering Monuments

Returned to Odilia Rumble to pick up Year two quests but only offered Trifles: Reflections I and Tales: Sam

Completed other Year 1 quests

Completed Eriador Year 2 Tales: Sam

Returned to Odilia Rumble to pick up Year three quests but only offered Travels: Heights & Depths and Tales: Boromir

Arriving at High King's Crossing was unable to use the rope to climb up for the objective. Completionists can use Anniversay Key until dropped at objective.

Year 4 completed one quest: Did not do Orc Clans nor Skirmishes (Content devoid account).

Year 5 Tales: Merry - Objective is Study Maps in Elrond's House. Could only find 2/3 in the Elrond's Study, got last in Hall of Fire (change from full version?).

Completed - Eriador Year 5 Travels: Bodies of Water

Offered only Year 6 Tales: Pippin On completion offered only Eriador Year 7 Travels: Places of Battle

Again Year 8 offered Gimli only, on completion Given 2 year quest
    Eriador Year 9 Tales: Gandalf
    Eriador Year 9 Travels: Middle-earth Curiosities

For Gandalf. Objective Talk to Radgast the Brown in Agamaur - The door in Barab Dhorn is inaccessible for my content devoid character. Can go into see him in Ost Guruth but he's doesn't want to know you there.

Middle-earth Curiosities: Do Instance Infiltrator's Surprise to get into turtle house if you don't have access to Artie Root's House in Bree.

Year 10 it's just Bilbo quest.

And Year 11:-
    Tales: Gollum was level dependant on Garbert's Cottage instance.
    Travels: Ruins of Middle-earth. Too recent in the memory and would have to break out the 115 helper to continue.
    Trifles: Long List of the Ents. Again would need a helper. Intriguing quest objective change:- Find the Long List of Ents assistance scroll. Yet to search Middle-earth for it. Is it under the tree?

Stopped test at this point.

Summary:
    There were no clue pages like last year and I got no quest after year 10 hand in to seek out the standing stone. Could be because this char has completed last year's Deed: Completing at least one quest from each year.

The most disappointing deed change for this low level version is the new deed. It's now not just one quest for each year but completion of all quests offered. So one year might be two quest, another all three or just the two offered. This would mean players would have to have the content purchased: Two Skirmishes, be able to take down a level 38 signature solo (Garbert's) and be able to solo Red Pass and Retake Weather Top instances, can't even "share" from the hacked reflecting pool in Ost Guruth. So no White stag for you noobs...

However what stuck with me after this evening's anniversary questing is how utterly trivial and depressing it was having a stack of MC to "carry" me where I needed to go. P2W Arrrgh!

Mac

Edit: Hobbit homestead Downfurrows first house inside has Anniversary Keg set up for anyone to use...
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

That keg looks great. Where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    That keg looks great. Where did you get it?
    That's the catch, completing all 30 original anniversary year quests, years 1 to 10.

But it is ideal for sending a lower level character on some mighty adventures if doing the heavy version of the anniversary.
    This change to the wrapper deed prevents my level 17 and perhaps anyone's up to level 32 from completing it as it stands, the original had no such block.

Btw did you successfully use the keg? Want to check I got permissions working ok.

Mac
    Macdui on Youtube.

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately I was in a hurry this morning and didn't test the keg, sorry. I wanted to give it a try later but it seems BR is down again.

Do these anniversary quests still grant the deed to get the mount or do we have to do the original ones?

Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Do these anniversary quests still grant the deed to get the mount or do we have to do the original ones?
    A dev could tell us what's supposed to happen. Mine had completed so can't help, or someone could roll a char (level up) grab a bunch of MC and test for a few hours...

tbh the lower level version is a hack of the original with the same lack of appreciation of actually completing it. Rope, level and content purchase to complete wrapper deed.

Standing stone and Mount availability devs?

Mac
    Macdui on Youtube.

So nothing in BR#4 and likely to be last build so no point testing?

Edit: No npc for anniversary, so that answers my question. No change to Heat Waves either.

Mac
    Last edited by Macdui; May 31 2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    So nothing in BR#4 and likely to be last build so no point testing?

Edit: No npc for anniversary, so that answers my question. No change to Heat Waves either.

Mac
    I just have to say, you're a complete gem. You've worked tirelessly for over a year to bring a heap-load of information out about the anniversary scavenger hunt to a heap-load of players and even now, you still battle on with it, bringing valid feedback for the devs and relentlessly pushing for this to be a success and most importantly, fun for all. You are to be commended.

I do hope that a dev will weigh in and give you some answers on your questions, and while they're at it, given all this work you've done for the scavenger hunt, you should now be known to all travellers that pass you by in game and on the forums, as, the Vulture, or Master of the Condors
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I just have to say, you're a complete gem. You've worked tirelessly for over a year to bring a heap-load of information out about the anniversary scavenger hunt to a heap-load of players and even now, you still battle on with it, bringing valid feedback for the devs and relentlessly pushing for this to be a success and most importantly, fun for all. You are to be commended.

I do hope that a dev will weigh in and give you some answers on your questions, and while they're at it, given all this work you've done for the scavenger hunt, you should now be known to all travellers that pass you by in game and on the forums, as, the Vulture, or Master of the Condors
    Made a grumpy old man smile

I suspect the devs have me on ignore though. It did cross my mine that because I completed the deed last year on foot on a lvl 17 new roll char that they made the "low" level (actually 33) version just to spite me with a load of noobs riding around on blue dragon mounts followed by white stags. But I don't think any actually care...

Ego prevents me seeking those lofty titles, Snipe seems apt, both in name and the feeling of wading through the game, performance wise.

Mac
    Macdui on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    Made a grumpy old man smile

I suspect the devs have me on ignore though. It did cross my mine that because I completed the deed last year on foot on a lvl 17 new roll char that they made the "low" level (actually 33) version just to spite me with a load of noobs riding around on blue dragon mounts followed by white stags. But I don't think any actually care...

Ego prevents me seeking those lofty titles, Snipe seems apt, both in name and the feeling of wading through the game, performance wise.

Mac
    Well, I'm not sure most of them hold any grudges. Sure sometimes things can seem a little harsh, but for most part, when a player does something deemed good for the game, they are usually pretty appreciative. The playerbase that you helped loves you for your tireless work, that's what really matters
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

B'ah

Humbug!

You won't drag me into your world of positivity and generosity.

Motivation:
    It was the BS of /wd chat putting off anyone under cap and the woeful testing SSG put in.
    In part that initial J'accuse post too.
    The largest motivation was the challenge to get by all the obstacles the slack implementation had placed in front of me.

As for BR testing now, who better to do it? I can't see them making any change before release so I can get my "told you so" post in then. Unless we have a named dev who is responsible they can all just ignore it. If you have a senior dev who can't get up the courage to post, underlings are going to be stifled from contributing and will just get worse.

Mac
    Macdui on Youtube.

Tested the rope up to the top of High King's Crossing on LIVE. It works

Wrapper Deed still requires all quest to be completed so Skirmishes required.

Mac
    Macdui on Youtube.

Is there a bug with these, or not?

I've completed the Year One Eriador scavenger hunt quests. It has taken me practically all day to do them, but I get no rewards for doing them other than anniversary tokens, which lets be honest, I can get by doing the gift quests that don't take all day. While I appreciate the effort put in by making these available to lower players, it's not much fun when you don't get anything out of them, and from what I can see, I cannot even get on to Year two without completing those that are impossible for someone below level 100.

As it is like this, it's worse than not having them at all because I expected something from them. I can presume that other players will think the same. Even if we can't get Farmer Maggot's dog, or the Stone of Erech, we should get something nice for doing them, otherwise there is little point in them. (And I've got all the the stuff I want from the regular barterers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lofnheid View Post
    Is there a bug with these, or not?

I've completed the Year One Eriador scavenger hunt quests. It has taken me practically all day to do them, but I get no rewards for doing them other than anniversary tokens, which lets be honest, I can get by doing the gift quests that don't take all day. While I appreciate the effort put in by making these available to lower players, it's not much fun when you don't get anything out of them, and from what I can see, I cannot even get on to Year two without completing those that are impossible for someone below level 100.

As it is like this, it's worse than not having them at all because I expected something from them. I can presume that other players will think the same. Even if we can't get Farmer Maggot's dog, or the Stone of Erech, we should get something nice for doing them, otherwise there is little point in them. (And I've got all the the stuff I want from the regular barterers.)
    You take the quests from Odilia or Waldo?

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Waldo, but I am on Evernight server. I posted in here because there was no general topic for it anywhere else. It just seems to be a bit of waste of time doing it when nothing comes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofnheid View Post
    Waldo, but I am on Evernight server. I posted in here because there was no general topic for it anywhere else. It just seems to be a bit of waste of time doing it when nothing comes out of it.
    Odilla should have a series of quests for you to complete at least one of each year's Eriador scavenger hunt quests. It's her series of quests that rewards the pets and housing items.

Yeah talk to Odilla next to the party tree and only select the quests that start with Eriador.

Each time you complete one quest return to her and get the next years quests because there are objectives that pop up in the same areas but different years.
    If you want to get White Stag from the deed you will need to complete all the quest and have access to Several skirmishes: Thievery and Mischief, Attack at Dawn, Defence of the Prancing Pony and Trouble in Tuckborough. You will also need to kill a level 38 signature in a solo instance (on BR, haven't confirmed for live).

One man's impossible is another man's tricky. My level 17 freshly rolled ftp char has the dragon mount and cosmetics, the stag, all the housing items and the Standing Stone from last year, when you could complete the wrapper deed, the low level one she can't.

Mac
    Last edited by Macdui; Jun 08 2018 at 04:08 PM.
    Macdui on Youtube.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2