We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21
Results 501 to 516 of 516
  1. #501
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by canyouaddcolour View Post
    Remember everyone, when you finally get class balancing underway after years, ....
    ....be careful what you wish for, because you might get it.

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Ok. I don't do that. For me that is like cheating.

    If it were intended to be used without traiting that line, they would be base skills.
    If prefight traitswapping wasnt intended, they hadnt given Minstrels the ability to use all anthems with 3min duration with the last patch.
    If they wanted decisions to happen, they'd force Minstrels to decide if they either want anthem of war from redline OR higher tactmits and aoeHoT from yellow. Now, people just use their red or yellow line prefight, buff all anthems, switch to healing and heal... most fights dont last >3min.
    Obviously and clearly, if they wanted to stop traitswapping while having anthems permanently, they'd have converted the anthem bonusses to auras.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    If prefight traitswapping wasnt intended, they hadnt given Minstrels the ability to use all anthems with 3min duration with the last patch.
    If they wanted decisions to happen, they'd force Minstrels to decide if they either want anthem of war from redline OR higher tactmits and aoeHoT from yellow. Now, people just use their red or yellow line prefight, buff all anthems, switch to healing and heal... most fights dont last >3min.
    Obviously and clearly, if they wanted to stop traitswapping while having anthems permanently, they'd have converted the anthem bonusses to auras.
    I know it is legal as long as it is this way... it just feels like cheating for me. Morally wrong, not juridically wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    I know it is legal as long as it is this way... it just feels like cheating for me. Morally wrong, not juridically wrong.
    I'm totally with you there.
    And I thought, SSG would be, too... but recent minstrel changes say: "We want everyone to switch traitlines as much as possible". Weird, huh?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  5. #505
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    I'm totally with you there.
    And I thought, SSG would be, too... but recent minstrel changes say: "We want everyone to switch traitlines as much as possible". Weird, huh?
    To recreate LI's, to buy LI #### from the store...

  6. #506
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    To recreate LI's, to buy LI #### from the store...
    that may be related to weaponswitching infight. Thats another issue, I'd like to see vanish. Just doesnt make sense for a champion to switch weapons for every second skill to get higher dps than one that stays with one weapon through a fight. sheathing and unsheathing should take too much time to be worth switching weapons for dps. but yep, in that case I see how LI system money may stop them from "fixing whats not broken".
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    God your annoying
    That was a *you're.
    Swapping traits though. If that's how long one field mob fight is intended to be, I'm out.
    If that's the intended use for yellow, I'm out as well.
    Quote from my raid leader about yellow, ace woman that she is "Why are you hitting like a little girl?"

  8. #508

    Lingering Wound 22.3 version

    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    Lingering Wound has no focus cost, so when I fixed the tiering I needed to put some modest limits on it - thus the 3s cooldown and the lower instant damage.

    Its base damage is pretty 'meh' - but its sustained T4 damage is high and can be easily sustained with little effort. As such it's not a great landscape skill unless you're fighting something unusually tough, but it's a solid skill for instance runs where it can be tossed into a longer rotation without costing you focus that you can put into harder hitting skills.

    The longer bleed uptime also means that a skilled hunter can still maintain the bleed on multiple targets if they are so inclined.

    As always, whether you choose to use the skill is entirely up to you. Lingering Wound is mostly designed as a high efficiency sustained bleed skill for use against elites/bosses - not a generic spam skill.

    -Vastin
    I appreciate, that you are trying to make it competitive (or better, cause it is the core bleed skill of the traitline specialising in bleeds and support) to other Hunter bleeds, but LW is still weaker than Barbed Arrow, Exsanguinate and HS. For those multiple targets fights, you have mentioned, it is more efficient to use BA. If those targets even survive long enough to apply 3 bleeds.



    Those 3 bleeds hit way harder (initial hit and have other advantages over LW). Especially Barbed Arrow (even more so in blue line) has too many advantages or LW too many disadvantages.

    Fire and Light oil: Barbed Arrow benefits, LW doesn't
    Critical damage multiplyer legacies: BA benefits, LW doesn't
    Bleed duration: BA lasts 20% longer than LW
    CD: BA CD is half as long
    Initial hit: BA initial damage is a lot higher
    Focus generating: BA does always generate focus(+ deadly precision if traited), LW doesn't (except Deadly precision on crit)
    Legacies: BA does benefits from the 29,x% induction legacy, LW legacy adds 15% damage to the neglegible initial hit.
    Damage: LW tier 1-2 deal less damage than BA, LW tier 4 deals 15% higher tooltip damage than BA. Adding all those advantages that BA has BA does more damage. Blue hunter'S BA tooltip damage is even higher than LW tier 4. You need 6!!!! seconds to reach the same tooltip bleed damage as BA in reality it will be lower(legacies and fire/light disadvantage) and 9 seconds to be slightly higher.
    Strength stance: BA benefits, LW doesn't.
    Induction: BA has an induction, LW doesn't. (The only advantage LW has and causes some of the disadvantages -> strength stance, legacies)

    Before U22 LW was worth it to be used between induction and focus skills, now it isn't. If you want to use bleeds... trait blue with red for HS or even better red with blue up to exsa and barbed fury. You will have stronger bleeds than yellow(and better support and almost comparable CC)... but won't need them, because your non-bleed damage will kill everything before you have applied 2 bleeds.
    Last edited by Tatharil; Jun 29 2018 at 10:56 AM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    Ummm what?

    I wasnt talking about traits i was talking about weps...but ima assume thats a typo

    I use 2 Li's on my hunter i switch through them i do about 120-130k on boss on average, im fine with the way thing are now


    Listen bro you have to be very very specific I understand that dps during first 45 seconds to 2 minutes but sustained when boss drops not possible


    When you throw out numbers of this magnitude you make rk's burg's champs feel like they deal no dmg whatsoever when that's not the case plz throw accurate total parses when mention things on forum

  10. #510
    Dear Vastin

    A lot of water flowed down the Anduin since
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...75#post7839675

    Are there any news about Trapper of Foes?

    1. I understand it is the Beornings turn to get their update, but can we get a rough timeline when to expect the long overdue Trapper of Foes update?
    2. Did you discuss Trapper of Foes role yet?
    3. Will it keep its role (offensive debuffs and CC) and if it does, will it get better and more reliable tools to fulfill this role?

    Thanks in advance.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

  11. #511

    holding you to your word.

    I get that the class changes were needed for balance . I hope that huntsman dps will remain close enough to bowmaster but not better .. in game as a huntsman I have jumped through every hoop you have asked with no complaint.
    Last edited by valgorlim; Jan 12 2019 at 09:00 AM.
    All that glitters isn,t gold.

  12. #512
    Dear Vastin.

    So Minstrel and Burglar are the next in line, which is ok.

    Are there any news about Trapper of Foes?

    I understand there may not be many details about it yet, but what about a rough date and direction?

    - Which direction are you aiming for Trapper of Foes? improve support (more reliable way to apply debuffs, more reliable CC *cough* Distracting Shot *cough*)

    - When is Trapper of Foes turn? spring? summer? autumn?.... or maybe 2020?

    Thanks in advance.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

  13. #513
    btw... +10% critchance debuff from penshot is OP. and should be yellow line, not in red.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    btw... +10% critchance debuff from penshot is OP. and should be yellow line, not in red.
    Totally agree. said it often enough when this change was made. Red has better support than yellow right now.
    Archer's Mark, Penetrating Shot. Yellow has some nice debuffs, but they are very clunky to use(CD, ground targeted, hard to control which foe triggers trap) and Deadly Decoy causes more harm than it helps in groups and doesn't survive long enough to apply inc. crit chance debuff.

    We already discussed it often enough. I'd just like to know, when the Trapper of Foes' balance pass is roughly scheduled and which direction it will take.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Totally agree. said it often enough when this change was made. Red has better support than yellow right now.
    Archer's Mark, Penetrating Shot. Yellow has some nice debuffs, but they are very clunky to use(CD, ground targeted, hard to control which foe triggers trap) and Deadly Decoy causes more harm than it helps in groups and doesn't survive long enough to apply inc. crit chance debuff.

    We already discussed it often enough. I'd just like to know, when the Trapper of Foes' balance pass is roughly scheduled and which direction it will take.
    It will not happen. Half a decade is too long a wait.
    "Let's make yellow deal no damage and have no focus generation and add awkward cooldowns and make just a couple of skills useable on the move"

    I can't play the trait tree at all now, working at a keyboard by day there is no way I can play a hunter with such awkward controls.
    Give me back one lazy option. I used to have half damage output and zero hurting wrists, now the trait tree is 1/5 the damage output AND hurting wrists.
    Blue with bad CDs is the same. Dame is good enough thoug, even if half of red. Red makes my wrists into a mess within minutes. No go zone.

    Me not paying a sub is a fart in the wind compared to eleventy usd revenue from lootboxing.

    Did you notice how eerily quiet regular was when visiting? Waited 5 minutes and said Hellowsies. A minute later had a reply.

  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Dear Vastin.

    So Minstrel and Burglar are the next in line, which is ok.

    Are there any news about Trapper of Foes?

    I understand there may not be many details about it yet, but what about a rough date and direction?

    - Which direction are you aiming for Trapper of Foes? improve support (more reliable way to apply debuffs, more reliable CC *cough* Distracting Shot *cough*)

    - When is Trapper of Foes turn? spring? summer? autumn?.... or maybe 2020?

    Thanks in advance.
    4 months later, same questions.
    1 year after https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...75#post7839675 I'd like to get some news about Trapper of Foes.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

 

 
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload