We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Way for new players to ask questions

New player. I realize you can't enable world chat for new accounts, so delay the choice of crafting and specialization till new players can ask veterans about these choices or at least add a note about maybe you wnat to delay choices till can ask others.

I just hate having to pop over to a forum to ask questions (I play on a laptop and can't always even run both the browser and game at the same time), wait a few days for answer (and ability to ask) before can continue on with my char. Please provide a way to ask questions from the get go (beginning). Thanks for considering.

Hi, Femgeek! Welcome to Lotro! On both the online forums and ingame World Chat, we've had problems with spammers, so that's why the devs have made it take longer for F2P accounts to be able to chat in game. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully the spammers will be gotten under control soon and these measure will no longer be necessary.

That being said, do you have some questions? I may be able to answer some of them for you.

Thanks for the welcome. I've played games for 35 years; spammers will never be under control so I understand why.

wht is the best crafting choice for a hobbit minstrel? What sepcialization?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by femgeek900 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I've played games for 35 years; spammers will never be under control so I understand why.

Thanks.
    Do you plan on having any other crafting alts? If so, I would recommend your Main being an Explorer. You can gather almost all the materials that your crafters need except for your Scholar and Cook/Farmer. Explorer wouldn't be a bad idea for a Mini anyways because you could make your own armor. I think that would be more important than Woodworker because it's not hard to get someone to make you a new instrument when you need one. And if you decide not to have crafting alts, you can sell the raw mats you gather as Explorer for a pretty good price to other players.

Ironically, the measures are in place for world chat, Trade and OOC, Regional chat is not affected by the new toon chat restriction.

Welcome to Middle Earth!

You can also send a tell (IM) to a player you see in World Chat. I've had new players do that with me, probably because they saw me talking a lot, and perhaps being helpful to others!

Sending a tell can get you real time help, so feel free to use it!

To send a tell, in the chat window type: /tell PlayerName message.

When the player responds, type: /r message to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by femgeek900 View Post

Thanks.
    Crafting becomes very important when you can use crafted legendary items.
    So making your legendary songbook and weapon can be done by a historian who has both weaponsmith and scholar crafting ability. They can't gather ore though for weaponsmithing which makes progressing in that area hard. Still scholaring is very useful and can be fully pursued by the historian.

thanks. Yeah no one ever responded in Regional. Tells only give 1 opinion so only good for certain questions. I've since found a kin and picked choices.
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan. Electronic Gaming since 1980.